Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dance Teams
I have only watched a few dance teams this year... the best I watched was Prestonsburg. I haven't seen Phelps or Magoffin County's dance teams.
P-burg's Dancecats have always had a good squad but like was previously stated, in recent years that have went downhill a bit.
I think Prestonsburg has always been good. They have a tradition. I have always enjoyed watching them.
i love dance teams i think there so fun to watch
Dancers have a better longevity. Girls that come out of high school can make it on college dance teams very easily. I know some cheerleaders that dance on college squads now becuase they didnt have the tumbling skills for college cheerleading.
phelps has the best dance team that i have seen in the 15th region... they have won back-to-back championship in richmond and also they won a national championship at myrtle beach last year
Thanks for all the great comments about our girls. Phelps is a young squad. We have 9 seventh graders on the team, 3 eighth graders, 3 freshman, and 2 sophmores. They work really hard and I am very proud of them. Last year they were EDA National Champs and had a clean sweep win at All A this year. We have no Juniors and Seniors on our team and we also have 4 dancers that are 6th grade and under.
"Phelps Coach" Wrote:Thanks for all the great comments about our girls. Phelps is a young squad. We have 9 seventh graders on the team, 3 eighth graders, 3 freshman, and 2 sophmores. They work really hard and I am very proud of them. Last year they were EDA National Champs and had a clean sweep win at All A this year. We have no Juniors and Seniors on our team and we also have 4 dancers that are 6th grade and under.

WOW sounds like Phelps has a bright future for those young girls! :Thumbs: I wish our school did more to get young girls involved in any kind of squad or team. It is such a positive influence in a young girls life.
ive seen many dance teams this year my favorite has been phelps by far no offense to anyone else because they have a lot of personalty when they dance its really great but good luck to all other dance teams around the region
Well, Phelps might have a "young team" but, just a reminder, we *did* win first place at the Winterfest Competition, that Phleps did enter too.!
At Winterfest, Phelps had a male dancer to win first place in the individual competiton!..

:1:
[quote author=hornet32 link=topic=19638.msg190518#msg190518 date=1140490157]
Yeah I think so..

*It takes an athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer <3*
[/quote]

Yeah, and Phelps has it all!!!!!! :thumpsup:
[quote author=meganbrooke_dancer link=topic=19638.msg212746#msg212746 date=1142598867]
Well, Phelps might have a "young team" but, just a reminder, we *did* win first place at the Winterfest Competition, that Phleps did enter too.!
[/quote]

HUMMMMM!  I wonder why????  Wasn't it sponsored by MC??????
South Floyd has a good squad
Phelps has the best dance squad by far! Good luck in the future phelps!
and to think... Phelps has NO Seniors OR Juniors on their squad..... they are like the energizer bunnies.... they keep goin, and goin, and dancin and dancin!!!!! Big Grin
thetribe Wrote:P-burg's Dancecats have always had a good squad but like was previously stated, in recent years that have went downhill a bit.
:blondeche I agree, It's like they are riding on the work of years gone by. I can remember watching them back in 1998 and 99, they were awsome back then. Im not saying that the current team members don't work hard, You can't be on a Dance Team and not work hard. I don't know maybe it was because I was younger then.
snookums Wrote:HUMMMMM!  I wonder why????  Wasn't it sponsored by MC??????
HMMMMMMMM and it was by 1 point
** I agree with a lot of these posts. Phelps, Allen Central, Magoffin, and Prestonsburg all have great dance teams. You can tell they work hard and they HAVE FUN while they're dancing.

** I think PCCHS's dance team has great technique. Their turns and jumps are amazing. But I NEVER see a smile on their face. Yeah, they win competitions and they have cute routines, but they can at least have fun with it.

** And they are SO conservative. They don't "shake it" at all. I know that people don't want to see a lot of that vulgar stuff, but it gets boring just doing motions and turns the whole time while the dancers are looking at the ground. grr

** They're not like other dance teams and dance to mixes. Our team only dances to the band music, except in competitions. I don't see a lot of other schools doing that.

** I love our dance team to death. They do things different and it goes good. They just need to smile pls!!

:AngelPray
For the last two years, Estill County has had an awesome dance team. They were cheered on at halftime, while the cheerleaders were boo'ed off stage, as aweful as that is. They are a big hit in Estill. I don't know their outlook for this year, but I look for them to be really good.
I think the PHELPS dance team rocks, they always come up with different things and seem to enjoy themselves, Keep up the good work.Good Luck through out the year!:ilikeit:
friendofbelfry Wrote:I think the PHELPS dance team rocks, they always come up with different things and seem to enjoy themselves, Keep up the good work.Good Luck through out the year!:ilikeit:

Just wait until ya see what they have for this years routines!!! I'm tellin you these girls amaze me!!! They all work so hard!! Thanks for the comments on the girls... I know they appreciate them and will personally tell them myself!
phs1986 Wrote:Just wait until ya see what they have for this years routines!!! I'm tellin you these girls amaze me!!! They all work so hard!! Thanks for the comments on the girls... I know they appreciate them and will personally tell them myself!

I just call as I see it, When you are good, you can't hide it..LOL... :Thumbs:
friendofbelfry Wrote:I just call as I see it, When you are good, you can't hide it..LOL... :Thumbs:

and only 1 senior this year... they ALL come back for next years squad except for ONE!!! I know what ya mean... but they do work so hard to be where they are at!!! Dedication.... one word can sum it all up!!! Smile.... Thanks again!!!!
Letcher Central has a good dance team!
Phelps Dance is National champs again in Hip-hop and Prop!!
That's great. Will Phelps be competing in Winterfest this year?
Not Sure.... I know their routines are AWESOME.....they should but.... who knows?? I may ask and post....Smile
We are thinking about winterfest (mac art center). Last year the divisions were combined. This year I saw a post were the divisions were different. Hopefully we will because the girls really had a good time there and it is really great when you get to compete closer to home and others can come out and see ya. This past weekend we were at the expo and there should have been a lot more local teams in the competition in both cheerleading and dance. We have a lot of great talent in these mountains but it seems people do not want to show it off anymore. Lesson to be learned - more people come to these competitions besides family and if you plan on going on in college to cheer and dance, you need to get your name and face out there to be known. Make a name for yourself and the rest comes somewhat easier.
MC'S real good