Poll: Who wis ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
84.85%
Johnson Central
15.15%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Belfry (10/28)
Belfry by a td.
i think this will be a very close game 28-21 with the pirates getting the win
Close game 1st half-all Belfry 2nd half...Belfry by 3 or 4 T.D.s
Belfry 35
JC 14
Johnson Central's chances don't look good to me. If the Golden Eagles manage to hang close, I will be pleasantly surprised. I expect that Belfry's run defense is better than Ashland's and the Pirates are more experienced at most positions than Johnson Central. An upset in this game would give Johnson Central a lot of momentum heading into the playoffs but much more experienced JC teams have had trouble winning at Belfry in the past - and that is a huge understatement.

This game is always a hard hitting affair and I hope both teams manage to come away with all of their players healthy for the post season.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Johnson Central's chances don't look good to me. If the Golden Eagles manage to hang close, I will be pleasantly surprised. I expect that Belfry's run defense is better than Ashland's and the Pirates are more experienced at most positions than Johnson Central. An upset in this game would give Johnson Central a lot of momentum heading into the playoffs but much more experienced JC teams have had trouble winning at Belfry in the past - and that is a huge understatement.

This game is always a hard hitting affair and I hope both teams manage to come away with all of their players healthy for the post season.

Belfry is tough to run against between the tackles. The second level plays tight and they key well. If Matney stays with the usual game plan the Eagles will probably lose this one. Without a viable passing threat it's Jude or bust and that's not meant to be harsh but that's the way I see it. What helped make JJ such a devastaing threat last year was the running threat Hall brought to the table plus I think the most underrated force coming out of the backfield last year was Ousley. If he didn't carry he was a very dependable blocking back which was huge and pivotal to JC's offensive scheme.

On the other hand, if Belfry can't put together any kind of passing attack and are forced to stay up the gut I can see JC bending but not breaking. Belfry is strong and their team speed is all it is advertised to be. They really surprised me in those areas. So many times you see a really big team that has grossly overweight down linemen that have a hard time lifting their heads to even see their blocking assignment and mobility is an issue. Belfry is not in that catagory.

It's past the point in the season when you could look for a letdown by either team so it will be a matter of who wants it most.

Belfry -21
JC - 14
Belfry by 20
Belfry wins this one. The Pirates have a very good and well executed passing game. They just don't use it much. Centrals easy pre season schedule is showing up now. Jude will be contained to under a 100 yards. Central has a pretty good defense but it will be no match for the multidimensional Pirate offense.
Johnson Central's wins , Jude gets 150+ yards JC 42 ,Belfry 12
Belfry handles the Eagles in a no contest
Belfry
Johnson Central is overrated! Pirates by 3 touchdowns.
Gosh guys hold on a second!

Belfry lost one of their starting TB's - Justin Johnson this past friday. Look at the common results. There is no way this won't be a close game.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Gosh guys hold on a second!

Belfry lost one of their starting TB's - Justin Johnson this past friday. Look at the common results. There is no way this won't be a close game.

KEY word--- ONE.... how would you like to take your poison or should I say, which of the other 5 would you prefer to throw in the game in his position until he is able to come back? UM, I believe Dixon stepped into that role and had 158 yards on 2 carries. Any more questions?
^ That is a bit misleading man. There is Willis at FB (Aldana has shown decent ability if he was needed in reserve) and Robinson, Johnson, and Dixon at TB.

Carr is the next man in and he has shown some ability, but it would be asking a lot to see him featured at this point in the season against a team like Johnson Central.
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ That is a bit misleading man. There is Willis at FB (Aldana has shown decent ability if he was needed in reserve) and Robinson, Johnson, and Dixon at TB.

Carr is the next man in and he has shown some ability, but it would be asking a lot to see him featured at this point in the season against a team like Johnson Central.

You listed 5..... would you like for me to list about 3 or 4 more? I promise, there ARE more!
Belfry by a lot
LMAO....all that needs to be said about Horse's prediction 42-12 WAKE UP
Belfry by alot!
Hope your right FieldofDreams! Can't wait till Friday night. Expect Robinson and Dixon to play nearly every snap at TB though.
Should be a good, hard hitting game. Belfry has an excellent team, with a lot of depth, but they are far from unbeatable. Not having Johnson will hurt Belfry some, but they have plenty of able backs to fill in. That being said, they don't have one back close to Jude. JC is a little down from last year but with a special kid like Jude, JC always has a chance & you never know. Belfry missed a lot of tackles vs PikeC & Jude has more than enough ability to make them do the same. This game will be a lot closer than what some Belfry fans think, esp. early, with Belfry taking control in 2nd half.
Belfry 35
JC 14

GO BLUE
how long is justin going to be out?
cuppett777 Wrote:how long is justin going to be out?

At least a couple of weeks from what I'm hearing. If I were his parents, I'd be sending Pike County Central High School AND Pike County Board of Education his medical bills. I'm sure there are a LOT more to come!!!
The word (unofficially) is a broken nose, with stitches. I broke my nose near the top, close to the eyebrows.. It set in about 7 days. I had to have reconstructive surgery it was so bad. I don't have any idea how JJ's is. If it was the cartilige part near the bottom of his nose, I would have to think he might be able to get back pretty fast. Even worst case scenario IMO, he would probably be back by 2nd week of playoffs.
Trinity Carr better be getting his mind right IMO. Smile
PaytoPlay Wrote:The word (unofficially) is a broken nose, with stitches. I broke my nose near the top, close to the eyebrows.. It set in about 7 days. I had to have reconstructive surgery it was so bad. I don't have any idea how JJ's is. If it was the cartilige part near the bottom of his nose, I would have to think he might be able to get back pretty fast. Even worst case scenario IMO, he would probably be back by 2nd week of playoffs.

i broke mine one time playing football,without helmets,i hit the side of a guys head,when i got all the blood off my face and could see,my nose was on the side off my face,was very bad a needed surgery as well, i think it hurt worse when they went to pulling all the galls out, seemed liked they pulled them out for a hr,lol, hope for speedy recovery, they dont need him this week or next wk anyway..
I think Belfry will take this one by a few touchdowns. I think JJ Jude is gonna get his stats in this one unlike against Ashland but Belfry is to much for the Eagles to handle unless they can have really good success out of other players other than Jude.
cuppett777 Wrote:i broke mine one time playing football,without helmets,i hit the side of a guys head,when i got all the blood off my face and could see,my nose was on the side off my face,was very bad a needed surgery as well, i think it hurt worse when they went to pulling all the galls out, seemed liked they pulled them out for a hr,lol, hope for speedy recovery, they dont need him this week or next wk anyway..

May be a blessing in disguise for Belfry. Johnson has had nagging injuries for 3-4 weeks now and as he rests for his nose and concussion it will allow the rest of his bumps and bruises to heal as well. I really want a win over JCHS after the past two seasons, but in the grand scheme of things all this game is amounting to is bragging rights and prep work.

With all due respect to Jackson County, I would take the Belfry 2nd stringers by 3-4 TD's and Johnson won't be needed. Morgan County or Lawrence will be competitive, but once again I think either the RB by committee or an increased workload on Willis could take care of business.

Johnson for all intents of purposes will get a good 3-4 weeks worth of rest and rehab. The only fear with such a layoff typically is conditioning, but with it only be a head injury he will be able to condition all he needs. I fully expect Johnson to be back by the Regional Finals and may actually be at 100% for the first time since very early in the season.

Let's also not forget how dangerous Tyler Williams can be with the football when he calls his own number. His running on the keepers during last year's playoffs were some of the biggest plays that lead Belfry to BG..with the backfield being as good as it has this year Williams hasn't been needed as a running threat. That is a very nice ace to have up the sleeve.
Good luck Pirates this Friday night! You've already accomplished MUCH more than many thought you could. Stay focused, practice hard, and take care of business!
Johnson has been nursing his ankle since pburgh but has looked very good he will be missed against Jc. Sad that he has to sit out from a punch to the face while the kid who done it gets to play rite on. Dixon will fit rite in without a hiccup Carr has looked good and Aldona also will help fill the whole without Johnson. Your a great kid Johnson GET WELL SOON we need you.