Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Knox Central Panthers
29.41%
Rockcastle County Rockets
70.59%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central vs. Rockcastle Co
^
LOL
Sorry, had to
PREACHER MAN Wrote:Don't hold nothing back RunitUptheGut tell us how you really feel.LOL
It actually started on WYMT. They would say K.N.O.X. to keep folks from getting them confused with Knott Co. Central. But if it offends you that bad we will see what we can do about not using it.LOL We kind of like it over here in K.N.O.X. Co.

I'm sure glad you cleared that up for me. I didn't understand if that was a cheer or what going on down there. I'd noticed more and more people writing that on here. Appreciate it!:okay:

We don't get the good T.V. stations up here near Berea. I've become a Qubo watcher myself....He-man reruns at midnight...LOL
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If there was 3 way tie for 1st place, as of right now it would look like this....

Rockcastle
Sheldon Clark- 0 wins
Frankfort- 2 wins
Whitley County- 3 wins
Estill County- 1 win
Pulaski county 2 wins
Perry County- 5 wins

Total of 13 Wins

Russell County
Marion County- 3 wins
Whitley County- 3 wins
South Laurel- 3 wins
Pulaski County- 2 wins
North Laurel 3-wins
Letcher Co. Central- 2 wins

Total of 16 Wins

Knox Central
Lancaster TN- 2 Wins?
West Jessamine- 0 wins
Gatlinburg Pittman-4 wins
Clinton Tn- 0 wins
Clay County- 1 win

Total of 7 wins

So, if the season ended today Russell would be you champ.
In a tiebraker situation, Knox has virtually no chance so they need to win out or go to Boyle County in the first round.

Overall, by the end of the year, it could be either Rock or Russell capturing the title if theres a three way tie.
Rock needs to get a win over montgomery to pick up there wins.
Pulaski and whitley are common opponents of both rock and russell so the wins whitley and pulaski pick up will mean nothing as it will help both teams.

For rock to win if theres a tie i believe strongly that they have to beat montgomery co in there last game to pick up there 3 wins atleast and hope that russell loses to adair county.

IF there is a 3 way tie and Rusell beats Adair County, than Rusell will be your district champs hands down. There no way Rock could catch them.

With only 4 Opponents

Rockcastle
Perry County- 5 wins
Whitley County- 3 wins
Frankfort- 2 wins
Pulaski county 2 wins

Sheldon Clark- 0 wins
Estill County- 1 win

Total of 12 Wins

Russell County
Marion County- 3 wins
Whitley County- 3 wins
South Laurel- 3 wins
North Laurel 3-wins

Pulaski County- 2 wins
Letcher Co. Central- 2 wins

Total of 12 Wins

Knox Central
Gatlinburg Pittman-4 wins
Clay County- 1 win
Lancaster Christion TN- 0 Wins?
West Jessamine- 0 wins

Clinton Tn- 0 wins

Total of 5 wins

So, Rock and Russell are currently tied. Rock needs PCC to keep winning or Montgomery or Frankfort to get a few more wins. Russell needs Adair Co to keep winning and South/North Laurel to get a few more wins. If it stays tied Rock wins based on the Head to Head matchup. Knox can't win the district by any other means than beating both Rock and Russell.
laker20 Wrote:So, Rock and Russell are currently tied. Rock needs PCC to keep winning or Montgomery or Frankfort to get a few more wins. Russell needs Adair Co to keep winning and South/North Laurel to get a few more wins. If it stays tied Rock wins based on the Head to Head matchup. Knox can't win the district by any other means than beating both Rock and Russell.

Actually, I was wrong on this. If Rock and Russell are tied after 4 opponents, then a 5th opponent is added to the points total. Then the Head to Head matchup becomes the tie-breaker.
Well atleast i was right about knox not having a chance if it ended up in a tie lol.
I still say if it does end up in a tie and Rusell beats Adair like they should, Russell would be your district champ
laker20 Wrote:Actually, I was wrong on this. If Rock and Russell are tied after 4 opponents, then a 5th opponent is added to the points total. Then the Head to Head matchup becomes the tie-breaker.

Yea you are correct on that.
If it end up being a tie after all the non districts have been went threw, which is possible because of a lot of common opponents by rock and russell, than you would go to the head to head which means rock would win
I hope and pray ROCK just wins out
Rockcastle by 10+
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Rock will win this one by two touchdowns...
Do Knox Central's wins against Tennesse teams count? Also, I thought teams could count 1 district win in that 4-game total?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:Do Knox Central's wins against Tennesse teams count? Also, I thought teams could count 1 district win in that 4-game total?

Out of state do count, but an opponent used for tie breaker points can't be part of the tie.....So, rock can't use russell co.
You cant use anyone in your district that youve beaten to count for the tiebreaker, only non district
This is why scheduling a hard non district schedule and maybe pulling off an upset of a team that goes 8-2 or 9-1 could singinficantly help you instead of playing a bunch of 2-8 or 3-7 teams
Who is K.N.O.X??? I'll take R.O.C.K!
havent seen rock play this year but with a stud like rowe,im sure they pound the ball like the larkey years.if kc can keep the run honest{below 100}and force throws,they position themselves well to win.i have seen kc throw and they are good at times.how be it rock shut down perry who threw alll over us.so with that poor analogy,as a arm chair coach and coordinator,i come out running and hard,with just a touch of play action added and blitz every other down till the battle is won.kc 21-rock 20.{sounds familiar?}
The Rock will roll.

Rock by 14
Panthers by 2 tds.
king360 Wrote:Panthers by 2 tds.

could very well happen!
I take Rock by less than 7. It scares me that this game is at Knox or K......N......O......X Wink

I mean that because of home-field, not refs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
the 86 score is wrong score at halftime was 7- 0 kc final score was 27-7 rock i know this i was a senior on that kc team
I wouldn't use each teams performance against PCC as an indicator for anything in this game, completely different match up. This game will be won in the trenches, whichever team can own the line of scrimmage is going to win, end of story. That being said, I think this will be a good one all the way through, with Rock pulling away late to win.

Rockcastle 21
Knox Central 14
Have to go with Rockastle after the last couple of weeks. However Knox Central has a good team.
Rockcastle by 17
i think rock will win but idk how much, playing at knox central is gonna be rough. but rock seems to play pretty well away. ill make a prediction: 30-13
We will have a chance but have to play really, really well. Something we have not done yet. Barger will have to make a lot happen and our very young OL will have to control the Rockets DL and keep em out of the backfield.
William Muney Wrote:We will have a chance but have to play really, really well. Something we have not done yet. Barger will have to make a lot happen and our very young OL will have to control the Rockets DL and keep em out of the backfield.

That won't be easy, but I think Barger is very capable of making plays out of the pocket. Canady will be a bigger threat as a receiver and may expose the Rock defensive aggression.....something we failed to do other than a couple of plays. Should be a very good game.
Great times... The PCC vs Rock game isn't a strong indicator for the upcoming match. PCC dropped more passes in that game than they have all season. They dropped none against us on a 100 degree dry field. Put those passes in play and that game looks much different. Further, we scored 28 on their D vs 22 for Rock. PCC put points on us (34 of them) by doing what they failed to do on a wet field vs Rock - toss and catch.

This game will come down to a single factor. We have to stop the inside running game that Rock will need to establish without getting caught sneaking in when that nifty QB pulls it to pass. If the Full back dive (fancy) accounts for big gains like it did at PCC we will suffer the same fate of PCC. That is no easy task with Rock's line.

It will be a dandy for sure.
Rock-28
KC-20
Good luck to both Teams!!!! Should be a Great Game!!!
Football1 Wrote:Further, we scored 28 on their D vs 22 for Rock.

If you watched that game, which it sounds as if you did, you know that Rock basically gave away 3 or 4 TD's in that game because they did ignorant things in the redzone. The game should have been more like a 30-0 or 35-0 game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:If you watched that game, which it sounds as if you did, you know that Rock basically gave away 3 or 4 TD's in that game because they did ignorant things in the redzone. The game should have been more like a 30-0 or 35-0 game.

Not really, you had 2 scores resulting from us turning the ball over in our own endzone pretty much. The 22-0 spread is pretty indicative of the game. Both teams did ignorant things that squandered opportunities to score, Rock just didn't commit as many as PCC.