Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Knox Central Panthers
29.41%
Rockcastle County Rockets
70.59%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central vs. Rockcastle Co
Both teams are open this week from what I have heard. But who wins and why?
I don't know how to start a poll a little help please.
Well nothing against those Rock fans on here, but I'm going to have be for the Panthers in this one.

There's a lot riding on this game for everyone in the district...home field, 1st round match ups, etc. I would expect Lex Cath and Boyle to finish 1st & 2nd in D5. If Rock can pull out a win in this game, they assure themselves a 1st place finish and home field against the #4 D5 team. If Knox can pull out the win, then that keeps this a 3-way race for now.
Just as Laker20 mentioned, the Rockets have to understand how important this game is. If Rock wins this game, they guarantee themselves a game against a Marion Co or Taylor Co, if they lose, they may end up playing a Boyle Co or Lex Cath. HAVE to win this game boys!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
laker20 Wrote:Well nothing against those Rock fans on here, but I'm going to have be for the Panthers in this one.

There's a lot riding on this game for everyone in the district...home field, 1st round match ups, etc. I would expect Lex Cath and Boyle to finish 1st & 2nd in D5. If Rock can pull out a win in this game, they assure themselves a 1st place finish and home field against the #4 D5 team. If Knox can pull out the win, then that keeps this a 3-way race for now.

Its all good. this will be extreamly tough game for rock. It seems like every week rock's games keep geting bigger and bigger. this game has to be the biggest so far. Knox has had rock's number ther last couple of years. this game will have a playoff type atmosphere. it should be a good game
LWC Wrote:Just as Laker20 mentioned, the Rockets have to understand how important this game is. If Rock wins this game, they guarantee themselves a game against a Marion Co or Taylor Co, if they lose, they may end up playing a Boyle Co or Lex Cath. HAVE to win this game boys!
In D5 they have 5 team lex cath, boyle, marion, mercer, taylor. only 4 of them are in the playoffs.
LWC Wrote:Just as Laker20 mentioned, the Rockets have to understand how important this game is. If Rock wins this game, they guarantee themselves a game against a Marion Co or Taylor Co, if they lose, they may end up playing a Boyle Co or Lex Cath. HAVE to win this game boys!

Or Mercer Co. Those three teams are fighting it out for 3rd & 4th. I expect 1) LC, 2) Boyle, 3) Marion, 4) Mercer
Knox Central - 34
Rockcastle Co. - 29
i think knox will take this one!
KC-28
rock-21
Not been wrong yet.

Sorry Knox, but we are going to rock you. I told you RC fans Britt would be held way down. I said no yards rushing and Rock said we held Russell to -15 yds. Told you so.

knox will be beat down in this game. no way knox with a new coach wins. knox lost to Perry cent, and we destroyed them.
former Wrote:Not been wrong yet.

Sorry Knox, but we are going to rock you. I told you RC fans Britt would be held way down. I said no yards rushing and Rock said we held Russell to -15 yds. Told you so.

knox will be beat down in this game. no way knox with a new coach wins. knox lost to Perry cent, and we destroyed them.

Cant campare teams its all about match up's. Rock can beat knox. but they will not kill them. this is a really good knox team. dont see how you can say we will kill them.
Will be a very close game. Turnovers will be the difference.

Rock in a close 1.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Cant campare teams its all about match up's. Rock can beat knox. but they will not kill them. this is a really good knox team. dont see how you can say we will kill them.

Once again I have not been wrong. Knox can not match the toughness of the Rock this yr. No way Knox has more skill than Russell Co and we shut that stuff down real fast.
knox has a new coach and IMO is not as good as the previous one. Ithink Knox is good, but we are a lot better
Knox 40
Rock 34 in OT
former Wrote:Once again I have not been wrong. Knox can not match the toughness of the Rock this yr. No way Knox has more skill than Russell Co and we shut that stuff down real fast.
knox has a new coach and IMO is not as good as the previous one. Ithink Knox is good, but we are a lot better

You predicted Rock to beat us by 2 TD.......WRONG. You were correct in the running game, but that was just as much Russell Co's fault for not coming out with a more precise passing game. I don't think the Panther's will make that same mistake. When it boils down to it, I think we'll find out that all three of these teams are quite equal and any of the three could win on any given night.
laker20 Wrote:You predicted Rock to beat us by 2 TD.......WRONG. You were correct in the running game, but that was just as much Russell Co's fault for not coming out with a more precise passing game. I don't think the Panther's will make that same mistake. When it boils down to it, I think we'll find out that all three of these teams are quite equal and any of the three could win on any given night.

Right on 2 of the 3

Right
Win
shut down running game

Wrong
score, but refer back to the win
OVERALL this has been one of the best RIVALRY games in the mountains because it spans so far back with a lot of even games and competitive matchups.

Here is the series history:

Rockcastle County vs. Knox Central

All Time Series:
Rockcastle County 18 wins
Knox Central 9 wins

Rock 52
Knox 54 Double OT

Rock 6
Knox 8

Rock 13
Knox 12

Rock 6
Knox 30

Rock 6
Knox 20

Rock 18
Knox 13

Rock 8
Knox 0

Rock 20
Knox 46

Rock 28
Knox 14

Rock 8
Knox 6

Rock 34
Knox 28

Rock 22
Knox 6

Rock 8
Knox 6

Rock 42
Knox 0

Rock 55
Knox 0

Rock 42
Knox 0

Rock 60
Knox 0

Rock 49
Knox 0

Rock 55
Knox 6

Rock 44
Knox 0

Rock 35
Knox 14

Rock 22
Knox 7

Rock 0
Knox Central 15

2007 Part II (District Playoff)
Rock 14
Knox Central 0

Rock 19
Knox 21

Rock 20
Knox 21 OT

Rock 8
Knox 28

Total Points:
Rock 694 points
Knox 355 points

Average Score Per Game:
Rockcastle County 25
Knox Central 13

Total Shutouts:
Rock has shutout Knox 8 times.
Knox has 1 shutout against Rock.
poll has been added
Rock by 3 scores

Rock 29
Knox 8
All I know is this....Knox is a very good team and I and those I know of at Rockcastle respect that team greatly. This particular group of seniors has not beaten Knox.....yet. In the three years that Rockcastle has played them that I've been associated with the varsity team, the games have been close...yes, even including last years game which was a three touchdown loss eventually. It didn't completely get away until the fourth quarter and it seemed that this was the game that the boys started to turn the corner last year. I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch and I'm not going on here crowing about anything to a team that has such good players as Canady, Diamond, Grubb and that transfer from South Laurel. We'll play the game and I hope that the boys decide that they want to win it like they did the other night in overtime. Otherwise....it may be a three way district tie. Here's to a good game next Friday night...wish it was in Mt. Vernon and not Barbourville.
papagrit Wrote:All I know is this....Knox is a very good team and I and those I know of at Rockcastle respect that team greatly. This particular group of seniors has not beaten Knox.....yet. In the three years that Rockcastle has played them that I've been associated with the varsity team, the games have been close...yes, even including last years game which was a three touchdown loss eventually. It didn't completely get away until the fourth quarter and it seemed that this was the game that the boys started to turn the corner last year. I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch and I'm not going on here crowing about anything to a team that has such good players as Canady, Diamond, Grubb and that transfer from South Laurel. We'll play the game and I hope that the boys decide that they want to win it like they did the other night in overtime. Otherwise....it may be a three way district tie. Here's to a good game next Friday night...wish it was in Mt. Vernon and not Barbourville.

Who wins in a 3 way tie?

papa grit, you know rock will roll
I think if Rock beats Knox, everyone has to stop using the retarded K.N.O.X. thing.
I dont know who started it, but its retarded.
its gonna come down to who wants it more
papagrit Wrote:All I know is this....Knox is a very good team and I and those I know of at Rockcastle respect that team greatly. This particular group of seniors has not beaten Knox.....yet. In the three years that Rockcastle has played them that I've been associated with the varsity team, the games have been close...yes, even including last years game which was a three touchdown loss eventually. It didn't completely get away until the fourth quarter and it seemed that this was the game that the boys started to turn the corner last year. I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch and I'm not going on here crowing about anything to a team that has such good players as Canady, Diamond, Grubb and that transfer from South Laurel. We'll play the game and I hope that the boys decide that they want to win it like they did the other night in overtime. Otherwise....it may be a three way district tie. Here's to a good game next Friday night...wish it was in Mt. Vernon and not Barbourville.

I do too, I'd skip our date with the Tigers and come over there to cheer for the Blue and Gold! LOL.

Actually, I think Knox matches up against Rock better than we did. They have a more evenly matched line, and their QB will handle the pressure a little better. However, I don't think that Knox will force the turnovers like we did. So, I'm thinking this will be another very close game for Rock, but would consider Rock to be the favorite by 7.
Lots these posts got Knox scoring alot,, IDK guys but the Rocks D hasnt gave up that many points .. SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL
If there was 3 way tie for 1st place, as of right now it would look like this....

Rockcastle
Sheldon Clark- 0 wins
Frankfort- 2 wins
Whitley County- 3 wins
Estill County- 1 win
Pulaski county 2 wins
Perry County- 5 wins

Total of 13 Wins

Russell County
Marion County- 3 wins
Whitley County- 3 wins
South Laurel- 3 wins
Pulaski County- 2 wins
North Laurel 3-wins
Letcher Co. Central- 2 wins

Total of 16 Wins

Knox Central
Lancaster TN- 2 Wins?
West Jessamine- 0 wins
Gatlinburg Pittman-4 wins
Clinton Tn- 0 wins
Clay County- 1 win

Total of 7 wins

So, if the season ended today Russell would be you champ.
In a tiebraker situation, Knox has virtually no chance so they need to win out or go to Boyle County in the first round.

Overall, by the end of the year, it could be either Rock or Russell capturing the title if theres a three way tie.
Rock needs to get a win over montgomery to pick up there wins.
Pulaski and whitley are common opponents of both rock and russell so the wins whitley and pulaski pick up will mean nothing as it will help both teams.

For rock to win if theres a tie i believe strongly that they have to beat montgomery co in there last game to pick up there 3 wins atleast and hope that russell loses to adair county.

IF there is a 3 way tie and Rusell beats Adair County, than Rusell will be your district champs hands down. There no way Rock could catch them.
Hope this clears things up
Only one problem with your calculation...... each team only gets to count 4 of their opponents.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think if Rock beats Knox, everyone has to stop using the retarded K.N.O.X. thing.
I dont know who started it, but its retarded.

Don't hold nothing back RunitUptheGut tell us how you really feel.LOL
It actually started on WYMT. They would say K.N.O.X. to keep folks from getting them confused with Knott Co. Central. But if it offends you that bad we will see what we can do about not using it.LOL We kind of like it over here in K.N.O.X. Co.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Hope this clears things up

Clear as mud, bud.

I thinks it's crazy how a three way tie wouldn't go to the team records. If Knox finished out the season by winning all but the Russell game to tie it up and the records were Knox 7-3, Rock 9-1, and Russell 9-1, I would think that the two 9-1 records would go head to head and the winner being Rock after they directly beat Russell. But, I suppose it don't work that way. I'm just hoping for a win next Friday I reckon. Let's not forget Clay has still got games against Rock and Russell as well. You never know about a group of high school kids. They could turn on.

By the way RIUTG...glad for your boys after Friday nights win. Sounds like they are coming around.
laker20 Wrote:Only one problem with your calculation...... each team only gets to count 4 of their opponents.

Then it would be
Russell 11
Knox 10

And if Russell beats Adair they would still win in that situation as adair already has 4 wins.