Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 14th Region All "A" Tournament
^ How many of the Football players are key players for Basketball?
^Plenty of em'...
But it truely is a down year for Hazard.. Kinda like last year.
The team I seen last year absolutely just quit at the end of the game.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Wishful thinking Wall! Hazard is probably the deepest team in the region which will be the difference in the All A. Several of their best players are trying to win a Class A State football Championship. I'd say basketball is the last thing on their minds.

that aint happening! lol
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Wishful thinking Wall! Hazard is probably the deepest team in the region which will be the difference in the All A. Several of their best players are trying to win a Class A State football Championship. I'd say basketball is the last thing on their minds.

Not being mean, but how do you get that??? The youngest if the older kids dont play. If those older guys dont play hhs will be lucky to finish a couple games over .500 with a pretty weak schedule. I agree those soph are a pretty good group but they are NOT going to be able to beat Buckhorn with those young kids. Buckhorn goes to richmond if the older kids dont play for hhs, if older kids play, HHS goes.
ballstar Wrote:Not being mean, but how do you get that??? The youngest if the older kids dont play. If those older guys dont play hhs will be lucky to finish a couple games over .500 with a pretty weak schedule. I agree those soph are a pretty good group but they are NOT going to be able to beat Buckhorn with those young kids. Buckhorn goes to richmond if the older kids dont play for hhs, if older kids play, HHS goes.

They will have 10-12 players that are enter changable that have a lot of experience. And yes I'm including the football players. I think a lot of people on here are forgetting Evan Whitaker. His presence inside will make Olinger and Combs better. The Soph. and Freshman have played probably 500 games in the last 3 years against older competition.
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:that aint happening! lol

They'll be in Bowling Green playing for it!
Stardust Wrote:^ How many of the Football players are key players for Basketball?

5-7 maybe more.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:They'll be in Bowling Green playing for it!

i doubt it! but if they do they will lose by 30 or more lol

I agree with that.
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:i doubt it! but if they do they will lose by 30 or more lol

i doubt it!:biglmao:
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:They will have 10-12 players that are enter changable that have a lot of experience. And yes I'm including the football players. I think a lot of people on here are forgetting Evan Whitaker. His presence inside will make Olinger and Combs better. The Soph. and Freshman have played probably 500 games in the last 3 years against older competition.

Just because u have 10-12 kids that are about the same type player doesnt make u deep. Deep means u have 10-12 kids that can come in and compete at a high level with the best of the 14th region. I dont think HHS has that. I think they have 10-12 players that are about the same and also think they will be much better in the next couple of yrs. Just not sure its this yr.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:i doubt it!:biglmao:
they cant play with mayfield!
I will wait to see how many of the football boys come out. I think if all those boys play hhs will be tuff to beat. BJ is the only scorer they have and just not sure they can win it without him. I think ur puttn alot of pressure on some young kids and a kid that hasnt played in almost 18mths.
ballstar Wrote:Just because u have 10-12 kids that are about the same type player doesnt make u deep. Deep means u have 10-12 kids that can come in and compete at a high level with the best of the 14th region. I dont think HHS has that. I think they have 10-12 players that are about the same and also think they will be much better in the next couple of yrs. Just not sure its this yr.

I do!
ballstar Wrote:Just because u have 10-12 kids that are about the same type player doesnt make u deep. Deep means u have 10-12 kids that can come in and compete at a high level with the best of the 14th region. I dont think HHS has that. I think they have 10-12 players that are about the same and also think they will be much better in the next couple of yrs. Just not sure its this yr.

:Thumbs:
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:they cant play with mayfield!

How do you know, you going to Western Kentucky every Friday?
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:I do!

Lets think of it this way. The sophomore group they have now is pretty good. They won a ton of tourneys and played together really well. I think u put Zac, BJ, Whitaker and the frasure kid in with them and they are very good. Without those older kids I think ur 5th or 6th best team in the region at BEST. I really dont see the soph group competing for a 14th class a championship this yr. Not putting down on the kids I just think their a yr or 2 away with the young group.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:How do you know, you going to Western Kentucky every Friday?

sure do, got all kinds of land down there :Thumbs:

No part of that is wishful thinking if many of those boys don't play.

And key word....trying, they will not win the state title.
WALL2WALL Wrote:No part of that is wishful thinking if many of those boys don't play.

And key word....trying, they will not win the state title.

Why?
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Why?

Last years team was better than this years and they couldn't, don't see this years team winning the state then.
ballstar Wrote:Lets think of it this way. The sophomore group they have now is pretty good. They won a ton of tourneys and played together really well. I think u put Zac, BJ, Whitaker and the frasure kid in with them and they are very good. Without those older kids I think ur 5th or 6th best team in the region at BEST. I really dont see the soph group competing for a 14th class a championship this yr. Not putting down on the kids I just think their a yr or 2 away with the young group.

Let's think of it this way. Cordia has 3 new players, lets say all 3 are in the top 10 best in the region, they still have to play with 5. So they will be playing 3 on 5 and that's not a winning scenario.

Now, lets think of it this way. Buckhorn is Matt Day and a bunch of other good (not great) seniors. If Day has a bad game, that is a losing scenario for Buckhorn.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Last years team was better than this years and they couldn't, don't see this years team winning the state then.

You are wrong! This years defense is way better than last year and Offense is getting there with Evan Whitaker getting better ever game. And Mayfield is not beating teams like they did last year!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Let's think of it this way. Cordia has 3 new players, lets say all 3 are in the top 10 best in the region, they still have to play with 5. So they will be playing 3 on 5 and that's not a winning scenario.

Now, lets think of it this way. Buckhorn is Matt Day and a bunch of other good (not great) seniors. If Day has a bad game, that is a losing scenario for Buckhorn.

The team is more than the the three new boys, Marcus Sumner is a really good offensive basketball player, and Josh Mullins is an exceptional guard. If Ricky Sumner plays that gives them a guy who can rebound they ball with the best in this region(when he wants to play). This Cordia team will be deeper than what most people think.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:You are wrong! This years defense is way better than last year and Offense is getting there with Evan Whitaker getting better ever game. And Mayfield is not beating teams like they did last year!

If Mayfield is down this year then Hazard has a shot, I just don't see them winning state.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Let's think of it this way. Cordia has 3 new players, lets say all 3 are in the top 10 best in the region, they still have to play with 5. So they will be playing 3 on 5 and that's not a winning scenario.

With Owens, Sumner, and the Candian I would put cordia in a winning scenario in this tournament. Khalil or Owens one will be 6th man for the lions so you lose nothing there bringin either one of those kids in. Ricky Sumner , Tyler Fugate, Josh mullins, Derrick Combs, and Austin Combs on the bench. Cordias a good 9 players deep. But ill agree with you about the horn. If Matt Day don't Score the team don't score. But with the lions, the whole starting 5 and whoever the 6th man will be can create their own shot. Either way you go about it one of these 3 teams are for sure gonna win. But if hazard dont return there football players for the basketball season i don't see their bench beating either team.

Doubt it...
KHSAA12 Wrote:With Owens, Sumner, and the Candian I would put cordia in a winning scenario in this tournament. Khalil or Owens one will be 6th man for the lions so you lose nothing there bringin either one of those kids in. Ricky Sumner , Tyler Fugate, Josh mullins, Derrick Combs, and Austin Combs on the bench. Cordias a good 9 players deep. But ill agree with you about the horn. If Matt Day don't Score the team don't score. But with the lions, the whole starting 5 and whoever the 6th man will be can create their own shot. Either way you go about it one of these 3 teams are for sure gonna win. But if hazard dont return there football players for the basketball season i don't see their bench beating either team.

Many people on here are saying hazrad will not have many of their players, if so then forget about an All A title. Buy with their players they are up their with Buckhorn and Cordia.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:You are wrong! This years defense is way better than last year and Offense is getting there with Evan Whitaker getting better ever game. And Mayfield is not beating teams like they did last year!

they will beat hazard!
[quote=WALL2WALL]Many people on here are saying hazrad will not have many of their players, if so then forget about an All A title. Buy with their players they are up their with Buckhorn and Cordia.[/QUOTE

For sure. If they get all their players back its anyone of those 3 teams shot at winning. I've heard about Bj not playong since the dustbowl. I even overheard someone ask him and he said he wasn't playing for Al. But who knows. I hope for the bulldawgs that him and the rest of the footballers come out for ball season.