Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Belfry
Belfry fans can get excited all they want, but the Pirate players need to ignore the prognosticating and take Pikeville very seriously. The Panthers are well coach and have some quality talent. From what I have seen, the Panthers running back and QB are good players and the Panther D swarms to the ball.

I am a fan though, so I get to predict. I like Belfry by 3 td's.

Belfry 42
Pikeville 21
Belfry vs. Pikeville
Sounds good on paper but....
Belfry 42 Pikeville 7
they should take EVERY GAME serious.no matter whos name on the chest..
Edge:Belfry
Pikeville by 2
Belfry needs to use this game to keep moving forward and improving. Should win, use this and develop a little attitude, some cockiness. You have to have a little. These boys need to cherish a win, but the defense needs to take it personally what Crisp & PBurg put up on them, and be determined to not let it happen again.
cuppett777 Wrote:i agree with you, and i hope Pikeville gets back to beening a very tough game to play against,only helps us,later down the road..
Give it time....
Pikeville is having their best season in a while. Unfortunately for the Panthers, so is Belfry.
Regardless of the outcome the Panthers should learn from this game! Not going to pick against them though! Best of luck to both teams! HAIL PIKEVILLE!
The pirate has got to improve on their pass defense...this pikeville team should test them if they hve the same game as last weekend it will be close if they improve it will
not even be close.belfry big...
The game will be close the first half with Belfry's rushing attack wearing down the Panthers in the second half. Belfry wins 40-20.
i have been around football all my life and belfry looks like a overwhelming task for the panthers this week. but one should remember, there is a reason they play the games. Coach Mac has a great staff helping him and i dont know who is the DC but the panthers D swarms to the ball. this may be closer that a lot of people think
Belfry
Belfry 49
Pikeville 17
Pikeville has some talent this year & will make some noise in 1A come playoff time, but Belfry is loaded this year & will be looking to make a 3A title run.
footballfan_95 Wrote:i have been around football all my life and belfry looks like a overwhelming task for the panthers this week. but one should remember, there is a reason they play the games. Coach Mac has a great staff helping him and i dont know who is the DC but the panthers D swarms to the ball. this may be closer that a lot of people think
Shawn Thacker has done an outstanding job as Pikeville DC. I am very glad he is here and hope he is for years to come.
Belfry
pikeville wins first half 24 to 21 but belfrys attck ware dwn pikeville roster. belfry wins game 49-31. pikeville should not be discouraged by this game and look at positive and move on. look for the ville to make waves in the state playoffs. good luck to both teams. very proud of these mountain teams!!
Belfry 35-6.
I think Pikeville has enough talent to move the ball some and maybe score a little bit, but when one team is bigger, stronger, faster,and deeper as the Pirates are, then only one thing happens. Belfry has way too much up front and in the backfield. Pirates roll 55-21. A reasonable goal for Pikeville, IMO, would be to show an ability to consistently move the ball, hang on to the ball, and show some defensive strength by stopping Belfry a time or two. Also, coming out of the game with a lot of lessons learned and staying healthy will be major plusses for the Panthers. Good Luck to both teams.
Ive been struggling to find the words about this game. The Maroon in my blood will simply not allow me to concede to Belfry even though I know they have a great team this year. I hope my Panthers come in with the attitude that their goin to play hard for 48 minutes and let the chips fall where they may. If they do that Ill be happy regardless of the score.
pikeville will not win this game.belfry is not harlen.sheldon clark.or raceland.this is a whole different animal.you will see friday what your looking at.
p burg hero Wrote:pikeville will not win this game.belfry is not harlen.sheldon clark.or raceland.this is a whole different animal.you will see friday what your looking at.
thats harlan.but anyway belfry wins big 48 to 17.
bucslover68 Wrote:I think Pikeville has enough talent to move the ball some and maybe score a little bit, but when one team is bigger, stronger, faster,and deeper as the Pirates are, then only one thing happens. Belfry has way too much up front and in the backfield. Pirates roll 55-21. A reasonable goal for Pikeville, IMO, would be to show an ability to consistently move the ball, hang on to the ball, and show some defensive strength by stopping Belfry a time or two. Also, coming out of the game with a lot of lessons learned and staying healthy will be major plusses for the Panthers. Good Luck to both teams.

Deeper. In my mind, that will be the biggest difference in this game. Yes, Belfry is probably the better team, but they are so much deeper than Pikeville and that will make a huge difference in the 2nd half. Fresh legs are going to be better than tired ones.
No one is saying that Belfry is Harlan, Raceland, etc. Our players realize the hard task in front of them, as do we fans. But, some are saying that's why you play the game. Anything can happen on football Friday nights. We have much respect for Belfry's talent.
I think with the addition of the Tackett kid that Pikeville will really be making some noise.
Belfry - 35
Pikeville - 20
Whats the series record over the last ten years? Or the all time record?
clueless Wrote:I think with the addition of the Tackett kid that Pikeville will really be making some noise.
Good QB, but Maynard is much more dangerous as a PLAYER. He may develop enough to take more snaps over the course of the season and allow them to move Randy around some, but overall, best QB on the roster is Maynard. An example is how Tackett took a sack close to the end of the game against SC instead of throwing the ball away or tucking it and trying to run for positive yardage. Maynard would have avoided losing the yards, Tackett needs to learn to do that.
Pikeville is much improved this season and will challenge Hazard for a regional championship, however Belfry is out of Pikeville's league.

Pirates win, 42-10.