Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville @ Belfry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
both teams come into this undefeated,but the way the Pirates are rolling on offense this early in the year,i dont think this one will be close,i think they win streak continues in a big way,Belfry by atleast 3tds..
Belfry by 4 T.D.s...man this team is deep.
Panthers will be took to the wood-shed by the Pirates!
I think Pikeville can keep it close.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I think Pikeville can keep it close.

???????? Based on???????
lol thats a good one
Let's Go Panthers!!

It will be an uphill battle, but that is why the games are played! Just continue to improve and hope both teams can stay injury free to prepare for deep playoff runs!
bucslover68 Wrote:???????? Based on???????

Pikeville will put up points. it will be probably 42-21 type of deal.
Pirates 34-14
Glad to see Pikeville 4-0!

EKY football is certainly better when the Panthers are winning and I think the program is on the way back.

But, it will be 4-1 this week. The only thing that can stop Belfry is a lack of focus. I think the Panthers score some points and make it interesting for a little bit, but depth, size, and a relentless wave of strong runners like a Hurricane storm surge wear them down as the game goes.

Belfry 48
Pikeville 21
thats not close, and Pikeville dont have the air attack the P-burg has,and i dont think they have the speed that Henry Clay has, but i wish them the best but go Pirates.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Glad to see Pikeville 4-0!

EKY football is certainly better when the Panthers are winning and I think the program is on the way back.

But, it will be 4-1 this week. The only thing that can stop Belfry is a lack of focus. I think the Panthers score some points and make it interesting for a little bit, but depth, size, and a relentless wave of strong runners like a Hurricane storm surge wear them down as the game goes.

Belfry 48
Pikeville 21

Absolutely! It is much better for EKY when SEVERAL schools are successful.

That being said, I think Pikeville will be woefully undermanned. Belfry is too big, strong, and aggressive up front, and has too many weapons at their disposal. IT may be close for awhile, but Belfry pulls away and wins easily.
cuppett777 Wrote:thats not close, and Pikeville dont have the air attack the P-burg has,and i dont think they have the speed that Henry Clay has, but i wish them the best but go Pirates.
Tonight was a bit of an aberration on the passing offense, but credit goes to the Sheldon Clark defensive backfield. Really not all that bad on coverage. But Pikeville DOES have a good passing offense. I don't know if it is as good as Pburg's (haven't seen them play this year). I saw Belfry against HC, and I told anyone who would listen that I thought it was the most speed and hard hitting I've seen them have in about 2-3 years. Will be a tough game, but Pikeville will be respectable.
In horse racing terms Pikeville has looked good in their maiden, a couple small allowance races, and now a 64K allowance race tonight.

Next Friday Pikeville steps up to a G1 Stakes Race though against a Derby contender.
belfry way to strong for pikeville belfry scores as much as haywood will aloud classy coach but pikeville will get there first loss next week welcome to camConfusednicker:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:In horse racing terms Pikeville has looked good in their maiden, a couple small allowance races, and now a 64K allowance race tonight.

Next Friday Pikeville steps up to a G1 Stakes Race though against a Derby contender.
I know, and I'm not saying Belfry is not a good team, just to be clear. Always respect the Pirate football fans. Volleyball fans are another matter, but I digress. Confusednicker:
Pirates win!
Pirates win by 14
Good job both teams i thought belfry was to much this year but i dont understand why we couldnt stop the pass game of p'burg i think we needed to get more pressure on the QB for sure but anyway great game and i hope the kids for both teams are ok.Goodluck to both teams for the rest of season.

:Thumbs:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Glad to see Pikeville 4-0!

Belfry 48
Pikeville 21
I know it isn't the best attitude to have, but I will almost gladly take that game back to Pikeville. The program is moving forward, however Belfry is a machine this season and probably 1 or two more. All I want to see is continued improvement, playing with heart, and no injuries.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I know it isn't the best attitude to have, but I will almost gladly take that game back to Pikeville. The program is moving forward, however Belfry is a machine this season and probably 1 or two more. All I want to see is continued improvement, playing with heart, and no injuries.
I agree.
There's not another team on the schedule that these two teams get more hyped for. Its Belfry/Pikeville or Pikeville/Belfry. Which ever you prefer.

Belfry's Defense steps up big: Belfry 35
Pikeville 14
Gotta go with Belfry. Good luck to both teams though!
Belfry 56
Pikeville 23
Panther Thunder Wrote:I know it isn't the best attitude to have, but I will almost gladly take that game back to Pikeville. The program is moving forward, however Belfry is a machine this season and probably 1 or two more. All I want to see is continued improvement, playing with heart, and no injuries.

Agree with Pt., good post.
i agree with you, and i hope Pikeville gets back to beening a very tough game to play against,only helps us,later down the road..
I think the Panther's know the reality of this contest and will deal with it well. This should be taken as an invaluable learning experience by the Panthers. A loss to Belfry should not be a negative experience. I think the Panther's only grow from this game. Games like this are preparation for the playoffs. I think Pikeville keeps it respectable and becomes an even better team. They will see the rewards down the road.
Both squads have looked impressive against early season competition. After watching both teams play, just think that the Pirates will grind down the Panthers with a control type tempo game that will see them winning going away...

A lot of pre-game excitement with both teams going into the game undefeated and good to see. Just hope the pre-game hype leads to a enteraining game. Good Luck to both squads.
Pikeville is better this year, no doubt, but unfortunately for them, so is Belfry.
lunaticfringe Wrote:There's not another team on the schedule that these two teams get more hyped for.

That used to be true, but unfortunately it isn't anymore. Belfry Pikeville week used to be special. Nobody had to do anything to pump the kids up for the game. But now, it has fallen away to where it is just another game. Kids today don't understand how exciting this used to be and for them it doesn't register.
Pages: 1 2 3 4