Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville @ Belfry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
lunaticfringe Wrote:Whats the series record over the last ten years? Or the all time record?
Last 12 years, Belfry owns a 9-3 advantage. Pikeville won in 1998, 1999, 2000. Close games in 2002 (20-13) and 2006 (24-20), as well as a fairly close game in 2001 (21-0). That's the best I can give you right now.
Pikeville is off to a surprising 4-0 start. Belfry's offense is rolling while the defense needs to get better. I still pick Belfry in this one by at least two touchdowns
joethegreek Wrote:Pikeville is off to a surprising 4-0 start. Belfry's offense is rolling while the defense needs to get better. I still pick Belfry in this one by at least two touchdowns

Hey Joe... you even been to watch the Pirates this year? HUM???
Belfry by 6
long_time_pirate Wrote:Hey Joe... you even been to watch the Pirates this year? HUM???

i say probally not,he does the Mingo Central games and babysits after that,lol,congrats on the baby joe.
PHSForever Wrote:Good QB, but Maynard is much more dangerous as a PLAYER. He may develop enough to take more snaps over the course of the season and allow them to move Randy around some, but overall, best QB on the roster is Maynard. An example is how Tackett took a sack close to the end of the game against SC instead of throwing the ball away or tucking it and trying to run for positive yardage. Maynard would have avoided losing the yards, Tackett needs to learn to do that.

Agree Maynard is our go to guy, definately a play maker. I also feel that Tackett could handle more snaps so we can make more use of Randy's talent. I just feel using Tackett more would make us a more diverse team and allow us to do more with the total offensive package.
92PantherAlumni Wrote:Agree Maynard is our go to guy, definately a play maker. I also feel that Tackett could handle more snaps so we can make more use of Randy's talent. I just feel using Tackett more would make us a more diverse team and allow us to do more with the total offensive package.
Good points. I certainly hope it happens.
Belfry just to much for the panthers. Haywood will continue to sale his team on the fact that each week they will get better and better. With the offense clicking on all cylinders and still has yet to peak, and the defense getting better each week, this could be a great team by the end of the year. Every week that goes by is more bad news for upcoming opponents.
Belfry wins with ease.
PHSForever Wrote:Last 12 years, Belfry owns a 9-3 advantage. Pikeville won in 1998, 1999, 2000. Close games in 2002 (20-13) and 2006 (24-20), as well as a fairly close game in 2001 (21-0). That's the best I can give you right now.

1992 - Belfry
1993 - Belfry
1994 - Pikeville
1995 - Belfry
1996 - Belfry
1997 - Belfry

Belfry 14-4 over the last 18 years
Belfry actually owns a 10 year winning streak dating back to 2001 and that 21-0 win. The last time Pikeville won was at Hambley in 2000 31-14. The average scores during that streak have been 36-11 Pirates. Pikeville completed the 1990s with this series either tied or a slim one game advantage to one of the teams. They finished 1999 and 2000 with very tough losses to Beechwood and NCC. IMO, these two years were the last truly "state-contending" years the Panthers have had.
Well........this is going to be a long game for Pikeville! Belfrey is on a completely different level compared to any other team that Pikeville will play this season! I think this game will help the Panthers in the long run when they may play Hazard in the playoffs but, as far as this game goes, it won't be close!

Belfry - 42

Pikeville - 14
belfry takes this one!
cuppett777 Wrote:i say probally not,he does the Mingo Central games and babysits after that,lol,congrats on the baby joe.

:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn.
Belfry wins
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Pikeville is much improved this season and will challenge Hazard for a regional championship, however Belfry is out of Pikeville's league.

Pirates win, 42-10.

This will be impossible since Hazard and Pikeville are in different Regions. They will only meet in the Semi-Finals, if they meet in the playoffs.
belfry by 2 tds
Belfry has a tremendous edge over Pikeville, in MO. But if it is totally and completely settled, why play the game. Well, because on a given Friday night anything can happen.

Good luck to both, and hoping for an injury free game.
Good luck to the Panther's. You guy's are representing class 1A,make us proud.
ConfusedingleparI think belfry will prove to be to much for pikeville tonight! Hope the pond creek nation comes out to support our boys. We all know how much they get better each and every game. This team is fun to watch so many talented kids on this team Haywood has them looking good early this season. Should be hard to handle the pirates come playoff time.TongueirateShoConfusedinglepar
This offense is not as good as it will become later in the season when the line blocking gets to another level. So I say lookout future Pirate opponents.
What's the status of Justin Johnson? How bad was his injury?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:What's the status of Justin Johnson? How bad was his injury?

I heard yesterday it was a mild ankle sprain and he will be ready to play tonight.
Is this one played in Pikeville of Belfry
lunaticfringe Wrote:Is this one played in Pikeville of Belfry
Belfry
Let the tailgating began.
Good luck tonight Panthers.
Does anyone know any links to listen the game online
lunaticfringe Wrote:Does anyone know any links to listen the game online

http://www.wdhr.com
leecoukfan Wrote:Well........this is going to be a long game for Pikeville! Belfrey is on a completely different level compared to any other team that Pikeville will play this season! I think this game will help the Panthers in the long run when they may play Hazard in the playoffs but, as far as this game goes, it won't be close!

Belfry - 42

Pikeville - 14
Apparently, other than Pburg, Pikeville is on another level too. 14-7 at the half, Belfry leads. Pikeville D is holding tough. Sounds like, if not for a big run by Johnson (66 yards), this game could well be 7-7 at the half.
Pages: 1 2 3 4