Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good middle school players
"Bleed_Blue" Wrote:and zack mullins will dominate in the state tourny
"CrossOver" stated that Mullins goes to Carr Creek Middle, the schedule that I've seen for the 8th Grade Middle School State Tournament at KBA does not have Carr Creek on it????

If Carr Creek has three of the best middle school players on one team; they should be one of the best middle school teams in the state. Have they played some of the better EKY middle school team this year like Virgie, Dorton, & Sebastian. If so, how did they do against them?
"ekybballfan" Wrote:"CrossOver" stated that Mullins goes to Carr Creek Middle, the schedule that I've seen for the 8th Grade Middle School State Tournament at KBA does not have Carr Creek on it????

If Carr Creek has three of the best middle school players on one team; they should be one of the best middle school teams in the state. Have they played some of the better EKY middle school team this year like Virgie, Dorton, & Sebastian. If so, how did they do against them?

The MSST schedule does list Knott County. However, there is no Knott County Middle School. All of the Knott County schools are K-8.
desmond watts from sf and burchett fron ams
Bartrum is a real good ball player
"WOW" Wrote:The MSST schedule does list Knott County. However, there is no Knott County Middle School. All of the Knott County schools are K-8.

If they don't play on the same school team and all go to the same school, KBA will not let them compete in the State Tournament. You can't take a county all-star team and compete in the State Tournament. If they want to put an all-star team together, they need to come to the AAU Div 1 State Tournament at KBA the last weekend of April. That's the one that the big boys play in.:wieghts:
"ekybballfan" Wrote:If they don't play on the same school team and all go to the same school, KBA will not let them compete in the State Tournament. You can't take a county all-star team and compete in the State Tournament. If they want to put an all-star team together, they need to come to the AAU Div 1 State Tournament at KBA the last weekend of April. That's the one that the big boys play in.:wieghts:

Sounds like someone in Knott County may be trying to pull a fast one. But you are correct, the website states specifically that all players must be from one school. Does KBA MSST tournament director Sean Vinsel not check these entry forms to make sure they are a legitimate school?
"ekybballfan" Wrote:"CrossOver" stated that Mullins goes to Carr Creek Middle, the schedule that I've seen for the 8th Grade Middle School State Tournament at KBA does not have Carr Creek on it????

They did play them last year and faried pretty well they had virgie beat but just gave it away and they beat sebastiani believe dorton beat them as well after Carr Creek gave up a big lead. They also played in the state tournament last year and made it too the elite without one of there starters do too the flu he did play in the elite 8 and was only beat 1 point that speaks pretty well for the things to come in knott county.
desmond watts and andrew vance and keifer horn
"Bleed_Blue" Wrote:They did play them last year and faried pretty well they had virgie beat but just gave it away and they beat sebastiani believe dorton beat them as well after Carr Creek gave up a big lead. They also played in the state tournament last year and made it too the elite without one of there starters do too the flu he did play in the elite 8 and was only beat 1 point that speaks pretty well for the things to come in knott county.

Sounds like Knott has some good young players getting ready to join the High School ranks. Good luck to them.
whos keifer horn and who does he play for?
corey martin- roy g eversole....he's about six two and 200 pounds running point gaurd for the 8th grade team, he can do anything that needs to be done, shoot the lights out, rebound, block shots, dribble, and play defense
i think some one like tanner bratton from JCMS will be a great ball player next year as a 8th grader he is already 6'2 weighing 185
i think someone like Tanner Bratton from JCMS will a great ball player next year cause he's 6'2 and weighing 185. you don't see thet much often do ya
"Larry Bird" Wrote:corey martin- roy g eversole....he's about six two and 200 pounds running point gaurd for the 8th grade team, he can do anything that needs to be done, shoot the lights out, rebound, block shots, dribble, and play defense
He is a great player. I juss don't think he is quick enough to get it done at the next level. He was a great football player too.
Middle school.....there is a great deal of talent in this area! My personal favorites are Hatfield and Bacon Newsome the dyno dou from Virige! I think their playing style is a lot a like. Then you have Houston ?? from Pikeville - a great player and Elisha Justice is awesome!  I hope they all continue in the sport in high school. I know there is several more talented players.....but that is a few I have seen that stand out!