Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 61 - Dixie 13
charlie22 Wrote:Stardust, don't get me wrong with what is to follow because I'd much rather have Towles as my QB and leader than Pike, but.....

to be fair to Pike, if he was Highlands QB last night and Towles was Dixie's QB, I have a feeling your assessment of the two in the quoted post would be reversed. Pike got no time at all to throw the ball. Yes he made some very poor decisions. Give him Highlands O line and time to throw the ball, Pike would have looked much better and would not have been pressed into those situations. He may have figured: "what the heck, I've got nothing to lose, I'm winging it up there". Think Lorenzen/UK here. It's much easier to be calm and collected back there and to scan the field at several receivers when you have a lot of time.

Charlie, did you think HHS improved that much since the Boyle game, was Dixie THAT bad, or both?
You guys are all very funny with all your comments.. Bottom line is a TEAM won. One team was better than the other on this particular night. One player had a better number than the other. Game over, move on and talk/ analys about their next opponent. Good luck to both teams.
FBfan4life Wrote:You guys are all very funny with all your comments.. Bottom line is a TEAM won. One team was better than the other on this particular night. One player had a better number than the other. Game over, move on and talk/ analys about their next opponent. Good luck to both teams.

If everyone did that, this board would be a very boring place.
Bob Seger Wrote:I'll tell you what it proves. Dale Meuller is a stat padder and only cares about running up the score on hapless opponents. What the heck is he trying to prove, anyways? One of the most unsportsman like stunts I have ever seen in high school football. What is the point in trying to humiliate a bunch of kids. What was he thinking leaving Towles out there in the second quarter? I hate it when coaches leave their stars out in the game when it way of of reach like this!!! He's a real piece of work and I have no respect for this coach and this program!!! Stat padder!! stat padder!! stat padder!!! Just watched the replay, and I just got sick to my stomach watching this crap.

Just thought I would return the favor. Different when it's on the other foot aint it?:biggrin:

I don't have a dog in this fight and didn't see the game but it is the second game of the season against a 6A opponent so I wouldn't see why a coach would pull his starters in the second quarter. Looks like Dixie isn't delivering on all the hype. JMO.
Of course Towels is going to look better than Pike due to the fact he plays on a much superior team in Highlands. Pike reminds me a lot of Andre Woodson his senior year when Woodson was on a average team but you could see him having all of the tools to be a great qb. I hope Towels is as talented as advertised because he will have the oppurtunity to have an impact at U.K. as a true freshman.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Just enjoyin' watching him make a fool of himself...:popcorn::biggrin:

I have to admit, I do that a lot of the time with some of the stuff you come up with in the HHS threads and others! But, to your credit, you are consistent.:eyeroll:
Thunder 44 Wrote:I have to admit, I do that a lot of the time with some of the stuff you come up with in the HHS threads and others! But, to your credit, you are consistent.:eyeroll:

pleasure indulging you.:biggrin:
Any chance Towles' academics would allow him to enroll at UK in the spring instead of waiting until the fall?
^ Why would he want to do that?
tradition Wrote:If everyone did that, this board would be a very boring place.

Well, it was a boring place until the HHS contingent came out OF hibernation and now the secular groups have been uprooted and put back into reality. :Clap:
Bob Seger Wrote:I'll tell you what it proves. Dale Meuller is a stat padder and only cares about running up the score on hapless opponents. What the heck is he trying to prove, anyways? One of the most unsportsman like stunts I have ever seen in high school football. What is the point in trying to humiliate a bunch of kids. What was he thinking leaving Towles out there in the second quarter? I hate it when coaches leave their stars out in the game when it way of of reach like this!!! He's a real piece of work and I have no respect for this coach and this program!!! Stat padder!! stat padder!! stat padder!!! Just watched the replay, and I just got sick to my stomach watching this crap.

Just thought I would return the favor. Different when it's on the other foot aint it?:biggrin:

:biglmaoBig Grinon't you have some guy's manhood to insult on another thread? We're talking real football here, not that one dimensional variant you guys promote that's so boring that they need to keep blaring Ozzy so that the fans don't fall asleep.
As I was watching this game I was amazed at how small Dixie was.

Seen some good things out of Pike when the play broke down, but other than that he didn't look very good.

Highlands looked great on the offense last night, as Towles just shredded DH's secondary.
Being at the game, I thought it was HHS that looked small. Besides the Right Tackle, the O-Line was very slim. On the D-Line, I thought they were even smaller. BUT - they were incredibly athletic and quick. They got off the ball on both sides faster than Dixie on every play. Anyone who knows Highlands football knows that they do not beat you with size, they beat you with execution. Their body position never allows the opposition to square them up.
Basically it just proved Dixie isn't anywhere near Highlands level, as most knowledge fans knew efore the game started!!!
Can you dig it? Wrote::biglmaoBig Grinon't you have some guy's manhood to insult on another thread? We're talking real football here, not that one dimensional variant you guys promote that's so boring that they need to keep blaring Ozzy so that the fans don't fall asleep.

:rockon:
Bob Seger Wrote:Hmmm, well imagine that!!!

I agree childish, but I dont see you lashing out at some your own crackpot fans for the constant infiltratration JC threads with the exact same idiotic posts. How bout it Chuck? You a double standard sorta guy? :popcorn:

In re the comments about Matney running up stats for JJ by keeping him in late in the game, unfortunately I do think that he has done that so I can't take the Highlands fans to task on that point. Very good coach no doubt that has done great things for JC football, but......

And if you will search my posts, you'll see that I've had more than an exchange or two with Highlands fans on here about some of their idiotic posts.

If you see me as a double standard kind of guy, that's unfortunate. Maybe my comment about your post is a reflection that I think more of you than I do of some Highlands fans and expect more from you.
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:Charlie, did you think HHS improved that much since the Boyle game, was Dixie THAT bad, or both?

I'd say its a combination of both. I agree with the conventional wisdom that a team improves the most from the first to second game and I think that was pretty evident last night. Plus Dixie's lineplay wasn't as good as Boyle's and that made a big difference also.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Towles will be great at UK. Highlands is good i mean **** good.

How good is trinity
Coachdad Wrote:How good is trinity

:yikes::yikes::yikes:SCARY good!
We will find out when they cross the river.
The funny thing about the score is that Highlands offense was almost exclusively passing. We didn't even get to see much of the running game which was obviously unstoppable last night. And what about not putting McCoy in at QB last night for some reps? I don't get that one at all....
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:The funny thing about the score is that Highlands offense was almost exclusively passing. We didn't even get to see much of the running game which was obviously unstoppable last night. And what about not putting McCoy in at QB last night for some reps? I don't get that one at all....

I think McCoy is now 3rd string QB and will be trying to get as much play at WR the rest of the year. Drew looked to prove he has the tools to be the #1 QB next year.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Just enjoyin' watching him make a fool of himself...:popcorn::biggrin:

I took that risk, just to give you an example of the thing that you are so very good at.
Thunder 44 Wrote:Horst, if you read back through the thread, Bob is giving ole Whackey Stackey a taste of his own medicine from numerous Johnson Central threads. Not sure if Bob really believes what he is writing or not, but I sense it is directed at one poster.

BTW - Bob, for what it is worth, I think it is funny. Kinda noticed that he hasn't taken the bait yet.

That's because he's too dang dumb to figure it out!!!:ChairHit:
Can you dig it? Wrote::biglmao:Don't you have some guy's manhood to insult on another thread? We're talking real football here, not that one dimensional variant you guys promote that's so boring that they need to keep blaring Ozzy so that the fans don't fall asleep.

You apparently have me mixed up with another poster. I believe that was a guy that professes to count money for a living, not me. I do take full credit for exposing the pure stupidy of another's post. BTW, I nailed that one!!!

You sure you and "wacky" aint smokin that same "backy" together? You are starting to sound just alike. Sorry for the ultimate of all insults, but it's looking like that's more and more the case in every post.

Just like you do every week on our threads!!! :biglmao::hilarious:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote::rockon:

Yeah, that's it agree with a post regardling something that I didn't even do. I believe that was Accountant, and not me. Gosh, I really dont know who is the dumber of the two of you guys. Ah, heck we'll just refer to you guys as "Dumb and Dumber" and give you both equal billing.
Eagle Eye Wrote:Just like you do every week on our threads!!! :biglmao::hilarious:

I wish I had recorded this song , but the Beatles beat me to it back in '65. I think it is just so fitting that the lyrics "All I gotta do is [B]Act Naturally"[/B] and the word "fool" can be used jointly to describe this moron's mentality.