Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands 61 - Dixie 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lots of things were proven tonight.
yea Dixie was overrated in the preseason
Highlands is the real deal! Looks like that defense (that a few of you said struggle alot) did a great job tonight.
Saw this one coming
Dixie expects Pike to be a one man gang. He's not.
Dixie needs to start thinking about a new coaching staff.
Highlands JV is pretty decent. 19 of those points belong to them.
6A NKY could be a MESS this year. Dixie looks TERRIBLE!
A lot of posters took offense to HHS posters predicting a very large margin of victory. May be HHS fans are knowledgeable about the game and were making smart predictions? As I posted earlier, Best thing of the night was the way the 2nd and 3rd string played; a lot of young talent that showed HHS is going to do well in the future.
Ouch! :ChairHit:
im not surprised
I'm watching the replay of this game on FSN Ohio.

I didn't know Pike for Dixie was that big.

Towles for Highlands has a heck of an arm, can't wait to see him in a UK Uniform
Towles will be great at UK. Highlands is good i mean **** good.
Well...it was all Highlands in this one! The JV came in and you could not even tell because they just kept scoring!! #4 and #12 looked very impressive to be JV players!!

Congrats Bluebirds!
Ok, really thought I could post in this thread and was hoping that Stardust had'nt. What ever Stardust avatar is really screws up my post. It makes it extra long and I realy don't care to go to the extra trouble of bumping out and then scrolling down just because Stardust has one of his famous or infamous photos or acutually something I care nothing about.
And Auburn is happy.Confusednicker:
Stardust Wrote:Lots of things were proven tonight.

Like what? I'm dying to hear this one, Stardust!
Highlands looked good against an outmanned Dixie team and I congratulate them on the victory;however they must work hard and improve if they want to stay with Elder this year. The part I liked most about last nights game was how the reserves came in and played well against Dixie. What about Drew H. coming into the game and doing as well as he did, nice!!!
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Like what? I'm dying to hear this one, Stardust!

- Dixie was never as good as the preseason rankings
- Zeke is not yet ready for Prime Time
- Highlands defense is better than many have said
- Towles is the best QB in NKY
......... the list is getting boring
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Like what? I'm dying to hear this one, Stardust!

I'll tell you what it proves. Dale Meuller is a stat padder and only cares about running up the score on hapless opponents. What the heck is he trying to prove, anyways? One of the most unsportsman like stunts I have ever seen in high school football. What is the point in trying to humiliate a bunch of kids. What was he thinking leaving Towles out there in the second quarter? I hate it when coaches leave their stars out in the game when it way of of reach like this!!! He's a real piece of work and I have no respect for this coach and this program!!! Stat padder!! stat padder!! stat padder!!! Just watched the replay, and I just got sick to my stomach watching this crap.

Just thought I would return the favor. Different when it's on the other foot aint it?:biggrin:
Did anyone catch Dale's interview after the game? It was interesting to hear him say he is sorry he only gets to coach Towles in "13" more games.
sstack Wrote:Did anyone catch Dale's interview after the game? It was interesting to hear him say he is sorry he only gets to coach Towles in "13" more games.

Ah, he doesn't really care about the kid. He just loves him right now because he has the capability to humiliate other kids. Still say he is a stat padder!!!
^ LOL, OMG, here we go.... This will be fun. Bob, keep me laughing:notworthy
Bob Seger Wrote:Ah, he doesn't really care about the kid. He just loves him right now because he has the capability to humiliate other kids. Still say he is a stat padder!!!

I generally don't respond to childish posts with a childish post, but perhaps because I'm a little tired and a bit cranky this morning: I just hope Dale continues padding that number of state championships stat. It's a pretty nice one.:Cheerlead
Stardust Wrote:- Dixie was never as good as the preseason rankings
- Zeke is not yet ready for Prime Time
- Highlands defense is better than many have said
- Towles is the best QB in NKY
......... the list is getting boring

Stardust, don't get me wrong with what is to follow because I'd much rather have Towles as my QB and leader than Pike, but.....

to be fair to Pike, if he was Highlands QB last night and Towles was Dixie's QB, I have a feeling your assessment of the two in the quoted post would be reversed. Pike got no time at all to throw the ball. Yes he made some very poor decisions. Give him Highlands O line and time to throw the ball, Pike would have looked much better and would not have been pressed into those situations. He may have figured: "what the heck, I've got nothing to lose, I'm winging it up there". Think Lorenzen/UK here. It's much easier to be calm and collected back there and to scan the field at several receivers when you have a lot of time.
charlie22 Wrote:I generally don't respond to childish posts with a childish post, but perhaps because I'm a little tired and a bit cranky this morning: I just hope Dale continues padding that number of state championships stat. It's a pretty nice one.:Cheerlead

Hmmm, well imagine that!!!

I agree childish, but I dont see you lashing out at some your own crackpot fans for the constant infiltratration JC threads with the exact same idiotic posts. How bout it Chuck? You a double standard sorta guy? :popcorn:
charlie22 Wrote:Stardust, don't get me wrong with what is to follow because I'd much rather have Towles as my QB and leader than Pike, but.....

to be fair to Pike, if he was Highlands QB last night and Towles was Dixie's QB, I have a feeling your assessment of the two in the quoted post would be reversed. Pike got no time at all to throw the ball. Yes he made some very poor decisions. Give him Highlands O line and time to throw the ball, Pike would have looked much better and would not have been pressed into those situations. He may have figured: "what the heck, I've got nothing to lose, I'm winging it up there". Think Lorenzen/UK here. It's much easier to be calm and collected back there and to scan the field at several receivers when you have a lot of time.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on what impact Seth Bruns would've had on the defense of Highlands.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I would be interested to hear your thoughts on what impact Seth Bruns would've had on the defense of Highlands.
Why would you care? Is it because you are only concerned that it could have affected the point spread? All you guys think about up there are stats. Speaks volumes of the fans and the program, doesn't it?
I watched this one on FOX COLLEGE SPORTS(LIVE) and came way thinking that QB from Highlands is awesome.
Bob Seger Wrote:Ah, he doesn't really care about the kid. He just loves him right now because he has the capability to humiliate other kids. Still say he is a stat padder!!!

Yeah... According to your theory Towles should have been taken out when Highlands was up 21-7 I guess.... whatever buddy... Those boys would run though fire and over hot coals for Mueller. He's the most optimistic person I've ever witnessed. You are so misinformed.
horst muhlmann Wrote:Yeah... According to your theory Towles should have been taken out when Highlands was up 21-7 I guess.... whatever buddy... Those boys would run though fire and over hot coals for Mueller. He's the most optimistic person I've ever witnessed. You are so misinformed.

Horst, if you read back through the thread, Bob is giving ole Whackey Stackey a taste of his own medicine from numerous Johnson Central threads. Not sure if Bob really believes what he is writing or not, but I sense it is directed at one poster.

BTW - Bob, for what it is worth, I think it is funny. Kinda noticed that he hasn't taken the bait yet.
Thunder 44 Wrote:Horst, if you read back through the thread, Bob is giving ole Whackey Stackey a taste of his own medicine from numerous Johnson Central threads. Not sure if Bob really believes what he is writing or not, but I sense it is directed at one poster.

BTW - Bob, for what it is worth, I think it is funny. Kinda noticed that he hasn't taken the bait yet.

Just enjoyin' watching him make a fool of himself...:popcorn::biggrin:
Pages: 1 2