4. Boyle County
5. St. Xavier
6. Louisville Central
7. Johnson Central
8. Dixie Heights
9. Owensboro Catholic
10. Franklin Simpson

however, defense wins championships
i really just dont understand how you cannot have trinity first. its dumbfounding
I think this year Coach Mills at Bell Co needs to let Cory Davenport break JJ Judes rushing record from last year. The kid could do it easy! Especially since it's Davenports Senior year.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I think this year Coach Mills at Bell Co needs to let Cory Davenport break JJ Judes rushing record from last year. The kid could do it easy! Especially since it's Davenports Senior year.
I don't think that is as easy as Bell County fans think it is. Davenport is fast and elusive but has he ever rushed 35 or 40 times in a game? Jude is one of the best conditioned athletes in the state and he was exhausted at the end of that Woodford County game. Besides the question of carrying the ball enough times to break the record, I wonder how Davenport would hold up to the amount of contact he would receive by doubling or tripling his number of ruishes. Jude absorbs a lot of hard hits and breaks many tackles during the course of a game.

Watching Davenport's highlight video, it does not appear that he gets nearly as many yards after initial contact as Jude does. Avoiding contact is easy for a run-to-daylight running back like Davenport when he is fresh, but if fatigue begins setting in after 25 or 30 rushes, then he will take some heavy punishment. Jude is conditioned to take that kind of punishment, while playing both ways for the entire game.

I think the jury is out on whether Davenport has that kind of strength and endurance. Has Davenport missed games previously because of injuries? Will Davenport be playing defense this season?

Davenport is a great back and he is clearly capable of breaking the record on a given night, but if it was easy the record would be broken much more often.
V_SoSpiffy Wrote:i really just dont understand how you cannot have trinity first. its dumbfounding

for me it came down to QBs, both teams will have very good skill guys, but IMO Highlands has the better QB. Remember the question is best offense
Hoot. That's the type of back Cory is. He could rack up lots of yards in less carries than Jude. Last year against Rockcastle Co game it was 1 or 2 carries for 80 yards. He isn't a grind it out type of back.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Hoot. That's the type of back Cory is. He could rack up lots of yards in less carries than Jude. Last year against Rockcastle Co game it was 1 or 2 carries for 80 yards. He isn't a grind it out type of back.
If I recall, Davenport's yards per carry average was not that much higher than Jude's and even with a few less carries, when a back breaks the 500 yard mark in full pads, especially a smaller, less physical back, fatigue will start to come into play. Without Madon, I think Davenport will probably get more carries this season and defenses will be able to key on him more than they could last season - at least in the early games. So we will see how good his conditioning is, especially if he plays both ways like Jude does.

I don't see either Bell or Johnson Central being among the top offensive teams in the state early in the season, even with Davenport and Jude returning. It will take some time for JC to adjust to the loss of Hall, Ousley, and others, and for Bell to adjust to losing Madon and their HOF coach. Both should have very potent offenses when district play starts.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Trinity has the best offense in the state, they have like 6 D-1 football players starting, and probably one of the most sought after recruits in KY history, (James Quick)

Never heard of James Quick,what posistion does he play?if he's so good why is he such a well kept secret?but then again i dont keep up with Trinity football so maybe thats why iv'e never heard of him.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Never heard of James Quick,what posistion does he play?if he's so good why is he such a well kept secret?but then again i dont keep up with Trinity football so maybe thats why iv'e never heard of him.

You haven't heard of James Quick? He was Trinity's first freshman skill position starter in i don't know how long, first team all-state as a sophomore, as well as being a stud bball player who also won the state 200m dash as a freshman and sophmore. thats a link to his sophmore highlight video. Unfortunately I've heard he is a UofL fan
Sounds like a great player,I guess im one deminsional when it comes to high school sports it's football only,and i definately don't keep up with Louisville football.
toussaints Wrote:for me it came down to QBs, both teams will have very good skill guys, but IMO Highlands has the better QB. Remember the question is best offense

i mean travis wright is no slouch in his own right and he is complimented by a better line better and skill guys than highlands two d1 recruits on the offensive line 2 playing running back and one a receiver and one playing all of those positions i just dont see how highlands stacks up to tht. Yes towles is a talent i saw him in the state champ game last year but i just dont see the overall talent when compared to trinity