Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 10 Offenses in the State?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What 10 teams have the best offense in the state? This isn't meant to be determined by points put on the board, but an overall skillset. Rushing yards, passing yards, points, blocking, everything put together.
Highlands, Boyle County, St.X, Bell County, Trinity , Johnson Central
Johnson Central will be a circus of offense this year and all 3 rings will feature a J. JJ Jude not only will set a new bar for offensive production this year if he has 4/5 lineman show up for the games.

Saw him at UK camp this year and was amazed not only at his athletic prowess but by his excellent attitude. Class act.
How can you really answer this question until the season starts?
Estill has one of the best. Lead 3A in Rushing past 4 Years in a Row
Jarons Wrote:How can you really answer this question until the season starts?

I mean as in returning players, what's been seen at 7v7's, and so on.
Hazard is really balanced and will go right into this category.
In my honest opinion, I think that this season, Bell's offense may well prove to be the fastest, and perhaps one of the top 10 offenses in the state. Their line is strong, their backs are fast AND quick, and they have a new QB that has a strong arm and can run as well as he throws.
Counting down to kick-off!
I'm not sure if Harlan County is top 10, but I assure you they have depth at skill like never seen in this county! Could be an emergency room afternoon for those not ready.....
nkyfootball81 Wrote:What 10 teams have the best offense in the state? This isn't meant to be determined by points put on the board, but an overall skillset. Rushing yards, passing yards, points, blocking, everything put together.

It would be hard not to put Mayfield at or near the top, they led the state last year in points scored, are balanced and have been near or at the top in alot of offensive catagories the last couple of years
Trinity and St. X
Lafayette and Lexington Catholic will be very good on offense.
Stardust Wrote:Trinity and St. X

Trinity has the most sophisticated passing offense that I've seen in Ky high school football. A very diverse offense too.

X's offense is actually rather simple and usually very one dimensional (although I'm again hearing rumors that X is going to discover the forward pass this year). I agree with you that X's O can be very good when they have the players needed to physically dominate the opponent.
Bear_Paw Wrote:I'm not sure if Harlan County is top 10, but I assure you they have depth at skill like never seen in this county! Could be an emergency room afternoon for those not ready.....

L-o-L
zaga_fan Wrote:L-o-L

Harlan County since the beginning using the same offense averages almost 5 touchdowns per game and 350 yards of offense each game. This is for the past three years.
Just because thye don't use a high priced System doesn't mean their offense is simplistic. They execute it.

They constantly each year rank in the top of the state for offensive production.
3wishes Wrote:Harlan County since the beginning using the same offense averages almost 5 touchdowns per game and 350 yards of offense each game. This is for the past three years.
Just because thye don't use a high priced System doesn't mean their offense is simplistic. They execute it.

They constantly each year rank in the top of the state for offensive production.

I was saying that the emergency room comment was funny....
I hear warm water is good for getting sand out of those "feminine" areas :blabbermo
zaga_fan Wrote:I was saying that the emergency room comment was funny....
I hear warm water is good for getting sand out of those "feminine" areas :blabbermo

Funny, I heard the same thing!
Iam4thecats Wrote:Lafayette and Lexington Catholic will be very good on offense.

I did happen to catch these 2 teams in the Finals of the FCA 7 on 7 at Henry Clay 2 weeks ago. Both teams seemed like they could have very potent offenses? Lex Cath has a very skilled QB and Lafayette seemed to have athlete after athlete at every position. Lex Cath won over Lafayette by single digits on a score very very late in the game after beating all other opponents very handily throughout the day(including Henry Clay). I believe these 2 teams play around Week 3 or 4 during the season? I for one am looking forward to this game!!!
Trinity has the best offense in the state, they have like 6 D-1 football players starting, and probably one of the most sought after recruits in KY history, (James Quick)
I disagree heavily with the last post
Quote:I disagree heavily with the last post

What is there to disagree about? Because James Quick WILL be one of the most highly sought after recruits that kentucky has seen in a while. or the fact tht there are 6 d1 players starting on the field on O? Wright, Dawkins, Quick, Warburg, Heile, are 5 just to start it off count in the young freshman brooks backing up dawkins and sophomore reggie bonnafon playing multiple decisions there are 7 i can see going d1 easily
V_SoSpiffy Wrote:What is there to disagree about? Because James Quick WILL be one of the most highly sought after recruits that kentucky has seen in a while.

Uh...Zeke Pike (2012) had offers from EVERY team in the SEC. Lamar Dawson (2011) was in the same boat. Quick will be a big recruit, but I doubt he will surpass the offer sheet of Pike or Dawson.
1. Highlands
2. Trinity
3. Boyle Co.
4. Lexington Catholic
5. Male?
6. Ballard?
7. Mayfield
8. Johnson Central
9. Bell Co.
10. O'Cath

Don't really know if this is anything close to right I just put the teams I thought would score the most points and/or gain the most yardage. I guess it is better than anyone else's top 10, since it has actually has ten teams in it lol.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Trinity has the best offense in the state, they have like 6 D-1 football players starting, and probably one of the most sought after recruits in KY history, (James Quick)
D1 recruits are as much a function of coach relationships as they are player quality. Having a high number of players going to D1A or D1AA programs could say more about your coaches than it does about your players.
Football1 Wrote:D1 recruits are as much a function of coach relationships as they are player quality. Having a high number of players going to D1A or D1AA programs could say more about your coaches than it does about your players.

I would have to totally disagree with that thought.

I think often people can get caught up in the "talent" they see on a high school field and then wonder why Johnny doesn't get a D 1 offer. Often the truth is that they do not have the intangibles an unbiased College Coach is looking for to make his program a winner. (speed, size, strength vs. other players in the nation)
Thunder Lips Wrote:Uh...Zeke Pike (2012) had offers from EVERY team in the SEC. Lamar Dawson (2011) was in the same boat. Quick will be a big recruit, but I doubt he will surpass the offer sheet of Pike or Dawson.

Im going to have to respectfully disagree with you sir. Quick already has offers from most of the SEC before his junior year. And he has yet to step his foot onto ONE camp
Hazard is really balanced and will go right into this category.
V_SoSpiffy Wrote:Im going to have to respectfully disagree with you sir. Quick already has offers from most of the SEC before his junior year. And he has yet to step his foot onto ONE camp

Watch this kid play his soph year and he is the real deal. He will have his pick of where he wants to play!!
Football1 Wrote:Johnson Central will be a circus of offense this year and all 3 rings will feature a J. JJ Jude not only will set a new bar for offensive production this year if he has 4/5 lineman show up for the games.

Saw him at UK camp this year and was amazed not only at his athletic prowess but by his excellent attitude. Class act.

I would not call it a circus. They will have a good O, but it is all centered around Jude. If they could add a passing game, then you might have a circus.
zaga_fan Wrote:I was saying that the emergency room comment was funny....

"Emergency Room Afternoon" was a quote from Leonard's Post Toasties several years ago describing the outcome of a KY - TN game. I don't know if you ever heard Leonards Losers but it was great.......

The quote from that day went something like this....

"The Kentucky Wildcats have been on a roll since the announcement of the firing of Head Coach Bill Curry, but they'll look like lame kittens in the Orange Bowl in Knoxville TN Today. Could be an emergency room aftrnoon for the Cats! I'm talking a Hospital kinda hurtin delivered by the Vols! Leonard's Looser.....Kentucky by 40!"

It was one of his all time greats....The next year he talked about Aeral Arsenals in the game and called Couch a Flamethrower! lol :flame:

The college game is truly missing something since his passing.....
Pages: 1 2