Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central 2011
Coachdad Wrote:Central is not the type of team to sign a one year contract with anybody , I think they would have more respect for themselves than that. That would be selling themselves short. Not many team are willing to come to 15th & Muhammad Ali blvd.

Obviously they did so in 2003. :thatsfunn

Are you claiming that Highlands was under contract to come to Central in 04 and bailed on the contract? That would be the first I've ever heard of such and had it occurred, I think the message boards at the time would have been filled with posts in re such. If Highlands did so, why would have Coach Scoggins then agreed, a short time later, to play Highlands in 07 and 08.

In case you are unaware, Highlands won state in 04. Their only loss was to Cincy Elder. It was one of their better teams in history (and that's saying a lot if you know much about Highlands). No disrespect to Central, but if Highlands was not afraid to play Elder in 04, I sincerely doubt they'd have been afraid to play Central at Central. Furthermore, any claim that Highlands ducked Central in 04 is made harder to believe when you consider that they played Central in the Cobble, Wilson and Patterson years.

But keep trying if you want to. LOL!
at least not without their own private security force
Go check your records , Ty was not the coach until 07, why would he have cared who central played in 04 when he was the head coach of DOSS?
I never said highlands had a contract to play 04 I'm saying it makes NO SENSE to me that they would agree to not have a return trip.
Coachdad Wrote:Go check your records , Ty was not the coach until 07, why would he have cared who central played in 04 when he was the head coach of DOSS?
I never said highlands had a contract to play 04 I'm saying it makes NO SENSE to me that they would agree to not have a return trip.

I don't need to check the records as I never stated that Ty was the head coach at Central in 04. The point I was making that IF Highlands had signed a two year contract and failed to honor the trip to Central in 04, I seriously doubt he would have agreed to play Highlands in 07 and 08 (and I feel that way regardless of whether he was the head coach in 04 or not).

And I'm glad to read that you did not say Highlands had agreed to play Central in 04. I thought you were subtlely claiming that Highlands had signed a contract but have failed to honor the contract when you posted: "Central is not the type of team to sign a one year contract with anybody." I obviously mis-interpreted such statement to mean that Central had signed a two year contract with Highlands but Highlands failed to honor the contract in 04 which involved a game at Central.

Why Central agreed to only a one year contract for 03, I can't say. But they did. And again, I'm quite certain Highlands is not afraid to play Central, either at Central or anywhere else.
charlie22 Wrote:I don't need to check the records as I never stated that Ty was the head coach at Central in 04. The point I was making that IF Highlands had signed a two year contract and failed to honor the trip to Central in 04, I seriously doubt he would have agreed to play Highlands in 07 and 08 (and I feel that way regardless of whether he was the head coach in 04 or not).

And I'm glad to read that you did not say Highlands had agreed to play Central in 04. I thought you were subtlely claiming that Highlands had signed a contract but have failed to honor the contract when you posted: "Central is not the type of team to sign a one year contract with anybody." I obviously mis-interpreted such statement to mean that Central had signed a two year contract with Highlands but Highlands failed to honor the contract in 04 which involved a game at Central.

Why Central agreed to only a one year contract for 03, I can't say. But they did. And again, I'm quite certain Highlands is not afraid to play Central, either at Central or anywhere else.
Yea you obviously misinterpreted
Coachdad Wrote:Yea you obviously misinterpreted

Great. Now we can put that behind us, as well as everyone being afraid to play Central at Central and Central not being the type of team to only sign one year contracts, and we can go back to discussing Central in 2011.

Obviously Central has it's stud running back. What does the O line and D line look like? I assume it will be a predominantly run oriented offense but who will be the QB; is he a pocket type QB or more of a scrambling QB; any returning receivers of particular note?

I'm obviously reading good things about Bell and Belfry, but unless they have the speed to come close to matching up with Central, I think both of those teams would struggle against Central.
charlie22 Wrote:Great. Now we can put that behind us, as well as everyone being afraid to play Central at Central and Central not being the type of team to only sign one year contracts, and we can go back to discussing Central in 2011.

Obviously Central has it's stud running back. What does the O line and D line look like? I assume it will be a predominantly run oriented offense but who will be the QB; is he a pocket type QB or more of a scrambling QB; any returning receivers of particular note?

I'm obviously reading good things about Bell and Belfry, but unless they have the speed to come close to matching up with Central, I think both of those teams would struggle against Central.
As a previous poster noted they had 6 seniors off the entire roster so add what they have with the cream of the crop from the talent laden west end of Louisville for their freshman team. They had like 7 starters on defense that were freshmen or sophomores on last years state championship team & that's what they will look like.