Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Central 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What do the Yellow Jackets need to do to improve from last year's 9-6 which Won the 2010 3A State Championship?

Aug 19, 11 DuPont Manual away 7:30 PM
Aug. 26, 11 Goodpasture Christian, TN
Sep 2, 11 DeSales home 7:30 PM
Sep 9, 11 Ballard home 7:30 PM
Sep 16, 11 Western away 7:30 PM
Sep 23, 11 St. Xavier home 7:30 PM
Oct 7, 11 Elizabethtown away 7:30 PM
Oct 14, 11 Henry County home 7:30 PM
Oct 21, 11 LaRue County away 7:30 PM
Oct 28, 11 Pleasure Ridge Park home 7:30 PM
why improve,lol,still the top of 3a until someone beats them,dont matter about regular season against 6a or tn schools,that just gets them in tune for the playoffs..they probally have the best back in the state in whales.
I believe they'd like to have a better record than 9-6. Last year they were 4-6 going into the playoffs but you are right it don't matter what the Regular Season record is just as long as they make it to the Title Game and win the Championship
Beating just one 6A team a year is not what central us trying to do, even with victories the past 3 seasons over Ballard , Male & lex Lafeyette , that is not good enough for jacket nation. The 6A victories are important to them & you will see their win total against opponents in higher classes increase
I spoke to a father last season at state, in Bowling Green, and he mentioned that the jackets only had maybe, 6 seniors on their 70 man roster.

This central team is up for more of a fight, considering how difficult that class 3A has become, but I dont see a team beating them within their class
90 man roster
90 men roster sounds like they need to move up a class or two, and then lets see how they do , I am pretty sure they would do ok, but with 90 men on there roster in 3a , sounds like bringing a knife to a gun fight, they need to be up there with Trinity and St.X and Highlands and such, 90 men roster WOW !!!!!!
64east Wrote:90 men roster sounds like they need to move up a class or two, and then lets see how they do , I am pretty sure they would do ok, but with 90 men on there roster in 3a , sounds like bringing a knife to a gun fight, they need to be up there with Trinity and St.X and Highlands and such, 90 men roster WOW !!!!!!

Belfry usally has 70-80 something..
64east Wrote:90 men roster sounds like they need to move up a class or two, and then lets see how they do , I am pretty sure they would do ok, but with 90 men on there roster in 3a , sounds like bringing a knife to a gun fight, they need to be up there with Trinity and St.X and Highlands and such, 90 men roster WOW !!!!!!

As coach Derossett once told some of our fans when Belfry was coming to town. "They can only put 11 on the field at a time, same as us".
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:As coach Derossett once told some of our fans when Belfry was coming to town. "They can only put 11 on the field at a time, same as us".

thats right, i was oly making a reference to Central having 90..
Too many players for a 3A school and too soft of a district.
Central's district conveniently includes all of Jefferson County for their 'magnet' academic programs.
BeReal Wrote:Too many players for a 3A school and too soft of a district.

thats why they play up classes out of district to get them ready for playoffs, its worked what 3 out of last 4 yrs since they been in 3a.
cuppett777 Wrote:thats why they play up classes out of district to get them ready for playoffs, its worked what 3 out of last 4 yrs since they been in 3a.

I Know that they play teams in the upper classes. And I am not saying that they don't have success. Infact they kinda have a mini dynasty going in recent years. But if they have to play larger schools just to find somebody that can compete with them then maybe they should move up a class size.
BeReal Wrote:I Know that they play teams in the upper classes. And I am not saying that they don't have success. Infact they kinda have a mini dynasty going in recent years. But if they have to play larger schools just to find somebody that can compete with them then maybe they should move up a class size.

yes they do and yes your probally right,but i think they like all the attention,so they probally wont ask to move up..
Goodpasture Christian Game is being played at Central
Strikeout King Wrote:Goodpasture Christian Game is being played at Central

thought it was to be played at Pappa Johns along with some other games that day?
Look at their schedules of recent years past ST X is an annual foe & they played highlands 3 years straight , of course they had to travel to highlands two of the three games. Central has app 230 boys out of their total enrollment, which (according to the rules) means that your school plays in this specific classification , in this case it means Central legally plays in 3a , but they will play anybody anywhere. They went up to Johnson Central couple years back, do you think johnson returned the favor ?
They play X every year , played highlands a 3 game series (had to go to their place twice) went to Johnson central think they came to central ? Played & beat male & Ballard .their not scared of the big boys
cuppett777 Wrote:yes they do and yes your probally right,but i think they like all the attention,so they probally wont ask to move up..
why would they when they are playing well within the rules they didn't set for themselves ?

Tica Wrote:Central's district conveniently includes all of Jefferson County for their 'magnet' academic programs.
you are right , however only kids from louisvilles west end typically apply to attend.
cuppett777 Wrote:thought it was to be played at Pappa Johns along with some other games that day?

it maybe be. But On Max preps and Goodpasture's Website it shows it's at Central
I never said Central was scared of anybody. God knows they will line up across anybody on the gridiron. And I can see why they would rather stay in 3A. But as a football fan I think it would be fun to see how they stack up against a larger division in the playoffs. They have already proven they are almost unstaoppable in 3Athe past few years.
The website says the games are at Papa Johns.

http://jacdinc.com/football-classic

http://jacdinc.com/about-jacd
Coachdad Wrote:Look at their schedules of recent years past ST X is an annual foe & they played highlands 3 years straight , of course they had to travel to highlands two of the three games. Central has app 230 boys out of their total enrollment, which (according to the rules) means that your school plays in this specific classification , in this case it means Central legally plays in 3a , but they will play anybody anywhere. They went up to Johnson Central couple years back, do you think johnson returned the favor ?

Sorry but Lou Central did NOT play Highlands three years straight. It was a normal two year contract and they played in 07 (at Central, with Highlands winning 21-13) and in 08 (at Highlands, with Highlands winning 28-0). The only other time Central has played Highlands was in 2003 (at Highlands in a bowl game, with Highlands winning 31-12).

Having said the above, I have a ton of respect for Central. Like their style of play (fast and aggressive).
I stand corrected not 3 years straight but three times with the yellowjackets traveling two of the 3
Wonder what happened in 04 ? That was one of Centrals more talented teams.
Tica Wrote:The website says the games are at Papa Johns.

http://jacdinc.com/football-classic

http://jacdinc.com/about-jacd

Thanks Tica for the clearing up. They could have ment that Central would be the home team and Goodpasture the away team
That's right, I was only making a reference to Central having 90.
Coachdad Wrote:Wonder what happened in 04 ? That was one of Centrals more talented teams.

Don't know. Highlands used to host a Bowl Game (St Luke Foundation Bowl or something like that) and brought in different teams each year. So the game with Central in 03 was surely a 1 year contract that Central was obviously fine with. Highlands had an even stronger team in 04 than 03 as they avenged their 03 championship game loss to Boyle.
Central is not the type of team to sign a one year contract with anybody , I think they would have more respect for themselves than that. That would be selling themselves short. Not many team are willing to come to 15th & Muhammad Ali blvd.
I don't know of any other 3A school who has a 90 man roster. I think they would probably be more suited for 4A LOL. :Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2