Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 77 Belfry 72 Final
Congrats Hawks
"TheEssentialElement" Wrote:i think the T was well deserved...after the shot case was talking shit and clapping his hands in the face of Brad Ratliff....yea it was a big shot to take the lead, however, there was no need for that type of celebration....the technical was deserved...thats all there is to it

He was not talking shit to anyone, he was talking to his players, when I herd coach Rowe, and Coach Rowes father in law both tell Jamie it shouldn't of been called after the game You know it shouldnt of been called, everyone I talke to from PC said it shouldn't of been called... That isnt what beat Belfry, setting Maynard down did, he was missed tramindously on defense... Not to mention on offense... He was benched because his attitude toward Coach Casey, but he has been like that the entire season toward Coach Casey, an I guess casey just up an decided to do something finally, IMO he picked the wrong time to set an example. now Belfry is a 2 seed in the district instead of a 1. Not that it really matters in this district...
"piratefaithful" Wrote:He was not talking shit to anyone, he was talking to his players, when I herd coach Rowe, and Coach Rowes father in law both tell Jamie it shouldn't of been called after the game You know it shouldnt of been called, everyone I talke to from PC said it shouldn't of been called... That isnt what beat Belfry, setting Maynard down did, he was missed tramindously on defense... Not to mention on offense... He was benched because his attitude toward Coach Casey, but he has been like that the entire season toward Coach Casey, an I guess casey just up an decided to do something finally, IMO he picked the wrong time to set an example. now Belfry is a 2 seed in the district instead of a 1. Not that it really matters in this district...

The T was uncalled for. He was talking to his own players and clapped his hands telling them to "come on guys".

If that is the reason that Matt was out, and I'm not saying that it is because I don't know....then I think that Coach Casey picked a great time to do it. That is one of the main problems with kids attitudes these days. Coach Casey showed all of the boys that winning isn't more important than respect and discipline.

It's like being a parent...you punish the child when the action was done..not a day later.
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:The T was uncalled for. He was talking to his own players and clapped his hands telling them to "come on guys".

If that is the reason that Matt was out, and I'm not saying that it is because I don't know....then I think that Coach Casey picked a great time to do it. That is one of the main problems with kids attitudes these days. Coach Casey showed all of the boys that winning isn't more important than respect and discipline.

It's like being a parent...you punish the child when the action was done..not a day later.

Good to see a coach not put up with attitude...if that is the reason....no one person is bigger than the team....a lesson that more athletes need to learn --all the way down to the middle school teams.:Thumbs:
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:The T was uncalled for. He was talking to his own players and clapped his hands telling them to "come on guys".

That was the reason, me an my boys always set behind the bench. The reason I am saying it was wrong was because he has let Matt do whatever he wanted and say what ever he wants all year, you can't all of a sudden start punishing someone for something you have been conduling all season... I agree 110% you have to be strict an disipline players, but it should be done from day one, and to all players, you can't let a select few do whatever they want to do... Then expect them to respect you when you try to punish them...
Congrats PCC.
I'm sure Belfry will bounce back.
I didn't even watch the second half..I left at halftime. But I know all through the first half Case was running his mouth. It's good that he can let em fly from the vollyball line and make em sometimes..but hell who isn't gonna make em sometimes. I dunno how he did the second half...so I can't comment on it..but in the first half he shot no less then 4 of those shots from a mile behind the 3pt line..and he never came close. He shots these every game...in that game against Letcher at Pike Central..his airball from the vollyball line was the turning point in the game. If I'm coaching...no way anybody's shooting shots like that unless there's a second on the clock. But thats why Coach Casy's the coach and not me. I can believe him sitting Matt becuase he got attitude with him cause Matt's always hadda temper and a lil attitude problem. And last year Coach Casy would sit Bruce Young a few times almost every game because he ran his mouth..lol. And I didn't see the second half so I can't comment about the T...but I know that Case was runnin his mouth the whole first half. As good as it would be to pound it inside...we don't really have any polished big men. We need Matt and Jamie to play good to have a chance to win anything. We need at least one of them to win on any given night...but both of them playing at their highest level is what we need to win against good teams cause they're all we got. Jamie is the best fundamental ball player...but Maynard is the best because of his natural athleticism. What I saw in the first half was a team in Pike Central...spreading the ball around gettin everybody involved...playing against a Belfry team where only 2 guys can consistantly score.
How long was Matt sitting out of the game?
"Coach" Wrote:I didn't even watch the second half..I left at halftime. But I know all through the first half Case was running his mouth. It's good that he can let em fly from the vollyball line and make em sometimes..but hell who isn't gonna make em sometimes. I dunno how he did the second half...so I can't comment on it..but in the first half he shot no less then 4 of those shots from a mile behind the 3pt line..and he never came close. He shots these every game...in that game against Letcher at Pike Central..his airball from the vollyball line was the turning point in the game. If I'm coaching...no way anybody's shooting shots like that unless there's a second on the clock. But thats why Coach Casy's the coach and not me. I can believe him sitting Matt becuase he got attitude with him cause Matt's always hadda temper and a lil attitude problem. And last year Coach Casy would sit Bruce Young a few times almost every game because he ran his mouth..lol. And I didn't see the second half so I can't comment about the T...but I know that Case was runnin his mouth the whole first half. As good as it would be to pound it inside...we don't really have any polished big men. We need Matt and Jamie to play good to have a chance to win anything. We need at least one of them to win on any given night...but both of them playing at their highest level is what we need to win against good teams cause they're all we got. Jamie is the best fundamental ball player...but Maynard is the best because of his natural athleticism. What I saw in the first half was a team in Pike Central...spreading the ball around gettin everybody involved...playing against a Belfry team where only 2 guys can consistantly score.

Case shoots better than 30% from back there, actually that is pretty good, Case ended the game with 31 last night, he steped up when Maynard left the game, or Belfry would of got beat worse than they did... I don't know how you got Case was running his mouth the entire first quarter, he was so down on his self from missin his long shots he wasnt saying anything...
Matt was out of the game from around the 2:30 mark of the 3rd, until around the 3:30 mark of the 4th... He would of scored more that 5 pts. in that time period, and I guarantee he would of kept PC from score more than 5 pts. His defense was missed more than his offense. Case couldnt do much on defense because he wasnt at full speed due to a naging groin injury... Matt Maynard in the entire game= Belfry win... Thats all they are to it...
Since Jamie Case got T'd up i wonder if he will be sitting out the next game against Lawrence Co. considering the new "rule" set by coach casey...Zach didn't dress against Williamson, so wonder if the same rule will apply..Only time will tell???
Way to go HAWKS!!
Belfry has some problems. Zach was settting for the remainder of the game when he got the T. Case didn't. Case probably will not sit out. Maynard can cuss the coach, as can Case, and threaten to quit but other less talented kids are encouraged to leave the team. Coach Casey proved that winning is more important than discipline last night. Maynard and Case both should have sat the rest of the game.

There is 3 sets of rules for this team Jamie's, Matts, and everyone else.

The ball should be pounded inside to Zach and May should get more touches, they work their butts off rebounding and defending but are froze out on the offensive end.
"piratefaithful" Wrote:Case shoots better than 30% from back there, actually that is pretty good, Case ended the game with 31 last night, he steped up when Maynard left the game, or Belfry would of got beat worse than they did... I don't know how you got Case was running his mouth the entire first quarter, he was so down on his self from missin his long shots he wasnt saying anything...

I don't care. those were very baddd shots......but he can do as he pleases.
Seems to me he disciplined Matt by making him sit out, but now Jamie....doesn't seem to add up..If he is gonna discipline one of them, then you have to discipline both of them....O well, everyone needs to get there act together including them two if they even think they are going to make a run at winning the 15th Region...It's obvious they have the talent, but you have to have a good attitude as well or otherwise come tournament time, you will have nothing to show for it in the end...Come on boys lets play some ball and quit all that trash talking...DO the talking on the court and represent like we all know you can...Let's get back on the winning track because us Pirate fans will are behind you all the way...Go get 'em PIRATES!!!
"NEXT" Wrote:Bad calls every where
the all and mighty belfry got outplayed admit it.....the only bad calls in the whole game was when they gave pc the ball and the switched the call in belfrys favor and a block by hess that should of been a held ball but they called a foul other then that this is the best called game ive seen in the 15th in a long time
"$~J-Money~$" Wrote:your full of it....the all and mighty belfry got outplayed admit it.....the only bad calls in the whole game was when they gave pc the ball and the switched the call in belfrys favor and a block by hess that should of been a held ball but they called a foul other then that this is the best called game ive seen in the 15th in a long time
maybe not the best called but deffinately the most evenly called on both sides.....
He said there were bad calls on both sides, $J-Money$.

Reading comprehension is appreciated here at BGR.:thumb:
"TheEssentialElement" Wrote:i think the T was well deserved...after the shot case was talking shit and clapping his hands in the face of Brad Ratliff....yea it was a big shot to take the lead, however, there was no need for that type of celebration....the technical was deserved...thats all there is to it

Go back and keep watching antelopes mate on the discovery channel because your degrading the excitement part of basketball. Taunting doesn't deserve a T unless he is physically doing it, and thats all their is to it Wink.
"Pirate-Killer" Wrote:Belfry has some problems. Zach was settting for the remainder of the game when he got the T. Case didn't. Case probably will not sit out. Maynard can cuss the coach, as can Case, and threaten to quit but other less talented kids are encouraged to leave the team. Coach Casey proved that winning is more important than discipline last night. Maynard and Case both should have sat the rest of the game.

The ball should be pounded inside to Zach and May should get more touches, they work their butts off rebounding and defending but are froze out on the offensive end.

agree 100% great post
"$~J-Money~$" Wrote:maybe not the best called but deffinately the most evenly called on both sides.....

Get some glasses, tard.
congrats pike central
Congrats pike central
"doubleOT" Wrote:Go back and keep watching antelopes mate on the discovery channel because your degrading the excitement part of basketball. Taunting doesn't deserve a T unless he is physically doing it, and thats all their is to it Wink.

so u mean to tell me the excitement of basketball is being up in someones face taunting them over a layup? ur hilarious pal...hilarious. and ur discovery channel comment definatley made sense...it most definatley coorelated with teh statement about me '"degrading" the excitement of basketball...if thats the excitement of basketball, or any sport for that matter, then why is it called a technical every time? in football if u as much as point in the face of an opposing player after scoring a touchdown u might as well plan on backing up 15 yards for the next kickoff....its ppl like u who make athletes believe sportsmanship requires taunting or agging on an opposing player...thats not sportsmanship pal.
"Pirate-Killer" Wrote:Belfry has some problems. Zach was settting for the remainder of the game when he got the T. Case didn't. Case probably will not sit out. Maynard can cuss the coach, as can Case, and threaten to quit but other less talented kids are encouraged to leave the team. Coach Casey proved that winning is more important than discipline last night. Maynard and Case both should have sat the rest of the game.

this is a really good post...I am happy that some one finaly realizes and sides with me that Belfry uses their big men 0% of the time it is sad just to be honest...
Congrats PC
"TheEssentialElement" Wrote:so u mean to tell me the excitement of basketball is being up in someones face taunting them over a layup? ur hilarious pal...hilarious. and ur discovery channel comment definatley made sense...it most definatley coorelated with teh statement about me '"degrading" the excitement of basketball...if thats the excitement of basketball, or any sport for that matter, then why is it called a technical every time? in football if u as much as point in the face of an opposing player after scoring a touchdown u might as well plan on backing up 15 yards for the next kickoff....its ppl like u who make athletes believe sportsmanship requires taunting or agging on an opposing player...thats not sportsmanship pal.

He's a player, in the game, the excitement, and the pressure. You seriously can't expect emotions not to fly every now and then.
So rumors has it that lowe was looking to pass more then shooting and the hess boy
step up big for the hawks as allowed did brad ratliff
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:this is a really good post...I am happy that some one finaly realizes and sides with me that Belfry uses their big men 0% of the time it is sad just to be honest...

To Case they are just there to rebound. Maynard actually tries to get them involved some.

I have talked to Maynards buddies to day and I was told Maynard was suspended! Case gets a T Cusses the Coach after he is told to sit them is put back in and acts like a idiot as well, as jacks up deep three after deep three, gets NO ONE involved but he is not punished.

The key to this team is getting others involved, but sadly this is Cases team and he will do as he pleases. They are the most talented team in the region too, sad, it really sad.

Belfry should have there 4th coach in 6 years at the end of this year.......
"Mr.Street" Wrote:So rumors has it that lowe was looking to pass more then shooting and the hess boy
step up big for the hawks as allowed did brad ratliff

wait a minute....what now big fella?...that one confused me...revise that and re post