Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May Cable News Ratings: Fox News Gets Stomped
Beetle01 Wrote:I actually find it sad that anyone even watches any of those channels.
People who do not watch the news most often do not read it either. I find it sad that so many people choose to remain ignorant of events that will impact them and future generations.
Here is how bad Fox stomps the competition on any given day.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/06...011/94484/

Fox is the only network the liberals don't control, so the more the liberals whine about it and hate it the better.

RV, if you are so easily duped as to start a thread with your outrageous premise, you should throw all your TVs, radios and computers in the river.
Beetle01 Wrote:I actually find it sad that anyone even watches any of those channels.

You have to watch some news to know what's going on. I agree with Hoot about Sheppard Smith and Chris Wallace. I would throw in Greta Van Susterem, Gretchen Carlson, Megan Kelley, Greg Jarett, Jon Scott, and Jenna Lee as strong liberals on FNC. Martha McCallum and Bill Hemmer are close seconds. Way more than neccessary the so called guests on the shows of those mentioned above are the liberal mad dogs, like Heraldo Rivera and Alan Combs. The actual list of lberal rabid interviewed on FNC daily is in understated terms long indeed. The Fox News Contributors are something like 8-2 slanted, (and biased) toward the liberal view.

I agree the conservative view is featured on Hannity, Beck and Bret Baier's shows, and to a LIMITED degree on O'Reilly. The secret doesn't ever seem to get out but, FNC is really two different news stations. With decidedly liberal daytime programming, and conservative primetime and night programming, they deliver a mixed message to be sure. If the liberal were to watch without the contempt, and being all aboil, they would hear it with their own ears.

Reality? FNC is all about making money and ratings. Hence all the nearly skirtless babes featured 24/7. Racey photographs of same are readily available online. All that eyecandy on daily programming isn't by coincidence. Short version is this, liberals that think FNC is in the enemy camp need to adopt the political outlook of those in Walt Kelly's comic strip Pogo. Walt Kelly drew the first Earth Day poster with Pogo making the following caption while standing on a garbage strewn landscape "WE HAVE MET THE ENEMY AND HE IS US". My oppinion, folks, it's very nearly a wash on Fox, conservative vs liberal is likely around 50/50 at best.

At least they do some good. A lot of good information can be gleaned from the daily drivel that according to them is fair and balanced news reporting. Beck can get a little carried away sometimes, but, he has made some startling revalations as well. Hannity does grind the ax ala Rush Limbaugh with a measure of bias as mentioned by some on here in earlier posts. Huckabee should probably be selling snake oil somewhere. Baier to me is the most consistant and some the Factor is good. Saying that, ALL of the reporting and discussions are not biased and in fact, some, refreshingly on target and honest. This type of news story or program happens on occasion but is certainly the exception and not the rule.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What I find sad is that no one can take any news report (from any news outlet TV, internet or newspapers) at face value. What would you suggest as a trusted news source? Just curious.
Ya know guys...not every Liberal will be biased, and not every Conservative is biased. There are some that tell it how it is no matter party affiliation..like myself.

Big Grin
vundy33 Wrote:Ya know guys...not every Liberal will be biased, and not every Conservative is biased. There are some that tell it how it is no matter party affiliation..like myself.

Big Grin
:Thumbs: Sam Donaldson was one of my favorite reporters of all time. You would never suspect that he was a flaming liberal by the way he delivered the news. Unfortunately, for every professional like Donaldson, there are a dozen Dan Rathers.
The real tragity is a large group of 18-35 years old think that Jon Steward runs a "news" show
The Daily Show, beat most of the entire Fox News network in terms of total viewers, according to the May Nielson ratings.
Mr Stewart's show averaged 2.3million viewers, while most of the Fox News prime time and day time line up averaged only 1.85million viewers.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1OV41xUHK
Fox News dominates just like TheRealVille has been doninated in this thread!:lmao:
vundy33 Wrote:Ya know guys...not every Liberal will be biased, and not every Conservative is biased. There are some that tell it how it is no matter party affiliation..like myself.

Big Grin

I believe you. Even though I will never conform to many of the foundation principles of liberalism I still respect your right to be liberal. Sorry to have to drag this old line out on you but, I really do have many liberal friends and family members. Somewhere between conservative evangelicals and the ultra liberal lies most of mainstream America. Thus, governing from the middle works the best, and, the middle is where our traditional history was lived out.

To me most of the fight is over the extreme positions of those two groups. Case in point, abortion rights or the right to choose. The liberals used the US court system to circumvent the will of the majority to legalize abortion on demand. Simply put, if the left would stop legislating moral and spiritual issues things would calm down significantly. See, the liberal uses the courts to legislate everybody else into submission because the majority would likely never yield via any kind of public vote. We see this same thing happening at the state and federal levels of government, as often, issues like universal health care go through the court system all the way to the Supreme Court to be settled. The will of the majority is vanquished by rule of law when strategic and very political judges are appointed by both parties while in office and in power, knowing that all roads lead to the Supreme Court. Though I confess the liberal judges in my opinion are the ones that do the harm.

This is why the conservative often quotes scripture to substantiate his position. This country really was established on biblical principles and the left often act as though they hate the idea of basing actions on scripture. The conservative isn't better by any means than his liberal counterpart but, his convictions are based on the ultimate moral authority, the Bible. The RINO has admittedly clouded the politiscape with their ambiguities but, there is nothing one can do about that.

The danger is the contempt and the hatred we see between the warring left and right. I believe this attitude will result in the fast tract to the fall of our nation. By the way, the right represents the America we all grew up in and did just fine, the left wants to change laws, weaken and erode the distinction between right and wrong. IMO

Those on the right have not done well defending their position and conviction for several decades now. Hence, the stiffening we have seen of late as that error is being dealt with belatedly in the public forum.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Call me crazy but i really do believe Rachel Maddow has bigger junk than i do....
I cant stand to even see her on television with her completely liberal biased views, as so many on msnbc are. It also drives me nuts to see the Ed show. That guy needs a chill pill and for that vein in his forehead to be popped. WAY to liberal.
But as vundy said, im a republican as well but shows like glenn beck are the reason young kids are turning liberal at a young age.