Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Mountain Top 10
I also believe Harlan Co is atop the Mts this season....How Hazard not in preseason top 10? They were state runners up. They did lost quite a few starters but so did a lot of these other teams, I see.

1.Harlan Co
2.Johnson Central
3.Bell Co
4.Belfry
5.Hazard
6.Knox Central
7 Corbin
8.Perry Central
9.Breathitt Co.
10.Prestonsburg.
As stated before, Rock's gonna start rolling Wink

But it is fair for them not to be in a pre-season poll.
Somerset goes 27-2 the past 2 seasons and can't crack the Mountain Top 10?
If I am not mistaken Lex Cath the year after they won state lost a bunch of seniors. I think it was 30.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
1. Breathitt
2. Belfry
3. Harlan Co.
4. Bell
5. Johnson Central
6. Hazard
7. Prestonburg
8. Knox Central
9. Corbin
10. Pike Central
1 Rockcastle
2 Harlan Co.
3 Bell Co.
4 Belfry
5 Johnson Central
6 Somerset
7 Prestonsburg
8 Knox Co.
9 Hazard
10 Breathitt Co.
Johnson Central will be at the top when the final top 10 comes out
I'll give this a try...

1) Harlan County
2) Johnson Central
3) Knox Central
4) Bell County
5) Belfry
6) Hazard
7) Somerset
8) Prestonsburg
9) Corbin
10) Breathitt County

Honorable Mention: Perry County Central, Pike County Central, Rockcastle County, Sheldon Clark....
Norm Peterson Wrote:Somerset goes 27-2 the past 2 seasons and can't crack the Mountain Top 10?

Somerset isn't in the mountains in my book. No 12th Region schools allowed.
HDE Wrote:Somerset isn't in the mountains in my book. No 12th Region schools allowed.

Rockcastle has always been and will always be a mountain school.
Mt top 10 or WYMT viewing area top 10?

MT Top 10 would have to be schools East of I-75 only (sorry Rock)
WYMT Top 10 would include Pulaski County schools, Rock, McCreary

I think when most people talk Mt Top 10 they mean the WYMT top 10.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Mt top 10 or WYMT viewing area top 10?

MT Top 10 would have to be schools East of I-75 only (sorry Rock)
WYMT Top 10 would include Pulaski County schools, Rock, McCreary

I think when most people talk Mt Top 10 they mean the WYMT top 10.

I tend to agree with you on both points. I don't see how anyone located east of I-75 could be considered a Mountain team. Just MO, and obviously Jumper Dad's.
The Contrarian Wrote:I tend to agree with you on both points. I don't see how anyone located east of I-75 could be considered a Mountain team. Just MO, and obviously Jumper Dad's.

I think JD feels that it should be the WYMT viewing area, which would include Pulaski County schools and Rockcastle County. If you are talking about a Mountain Top 10 then you have to include these schools because the WYMT Mountain Top 10 does. Why make a Mountain Top 10 on a completely different basis than the actual Mountain Top 10? Maybe there should be a Mountain Top 10 and a schools with mountains near them top 10.
How is Rockcastle not a mountain school.
Mountain Wrote:1. Johnson Central
2. Harlan Co.
3. Bell Co.
4. Belfry
5. Breathitt Co.
6. Knox Central
7. Perry Central
8. P-burg
9. Somerset
10. Corbin

:Clap: I have to applaude this one. JC and Harlan ahead of Bell? That is totally laughable. I'm not saying Bell should be first but let's at least put the second best team in this top ten first if not Bell and that would be Knox.
I think JC (1) and Bell (2) but those are the 2 that I'll go with for now.
I think Pike Central should be in this list somewhere.
Dragonsdad Wrote:I think Pike Central should be in this list somewhere.

Based upon what I read and hear about Pike Central, they should be considered in this poll. They have some super players returning from a very successful run last season. Thus I believe that they will do well in 2011.
Until Bell County is beaten by a Mountian School they should remain #1. Until Knox beats Bell or Johnson Central or Harlan County...well you know. Knox will certianly get their opportunity to prove themself.....

1. Bell County
2a. Harlan County
2b. Knox Central
4. Belfry
5. Breathitt Co.
6. Johnsonville
7. Hazard
8. Corbin
9. PBurg
10. Rock
Bear_Paw Wrote:Until Bell County is beaten by a Mountian School they should remain #1. Until Knox beats Bell or Johnson Central or Harlan County...well you know. Knox will certianly get their opportunity to prove themself.....

1. Bell County
2a. Harlan County
2b. Knox Central
4. Belfry
5. Breathitt Co.
6. Johnsonville
7. Hazard
8. Corbin
9. PBurg
10. Rock

I agree with you, looks good to me
Bell Co like they are EVERY year until a Mtn Team beats them. Bell's Oline and Davenport return with 2 more great backs in Polly and Collett.
Bell County and Knox Central are both replacing outstanding coaches. There is almost always an adjustment period when a new coach is hired while players and staffs adjust to a new system. Maybe Bell and Knox will continue to play at the same level that they did last season but I am skeptical that there will not be at least a short term drop-off in both programs.

I think that with the loss of J. K. Hall, Tanner Bratton, D. J. Ousley, and some other key players that Johnson Central will probably get off to a slower start than last season but Coach Matney has replaced key players before and finished with strong playoff runs almost every season that he has been coaching in Paintsville.

I see Harlan County being the best Mountain team early in the season, followed by Bell County, Johnson Central, Belfry, and Knox Central but the impact of coaching changes is impossible to predict. Depending on how quickly Johnson Central's line develops, the Golden Eagles could finish the season at the top of the heap but Coach Larkey returns a lot of talent and he has proven that he is capable of coaching a team to a state title.
Bell was awesome last year! But, didn't they graduate like every starter and lose there legendary coach........

I don't know if they are deserving of the top spot.
Keepnitreal Wrote:Bell was awesome last year! But, didn't they graduate like every starter and lose there legendary coach........

I think they deserve the top spot to start the year, until someone knocks them off and proves they are the better team. Should be several teams fighting for that top spot this year. How many days till the games start?, I can't wait!
Keepnitreal Wrote:Bell was awesome last year! But, didn't they graduate like every starter and lose there legendary coach........

How many do you think they Graduated the year they won State in 2008? Close to 15-16 Seniors. Bell is a school that reloads and returns one of the best back's Bell has had. Wayne Mills is a PROVEN coach that took a pathetic KNOX team and turned them into a great football program.
1. Bell Co
2. Johnson Central
3. Harlan Co
4. Knox Central
5. Belfry
6. Somerset
7. Corbin
8. Lawrence County
9. Rockcastle
10. Pburg
Johnson Central
Bell
Harlan
Perry Co Central
Belfry
Knox
Breathitt
Somerset
Prestonsburg
Pike Central
1. Bell County
2. Harlan County
3. Johnson Central
4. Belfry
5. Knox Central
6. Corbin
7. Breathitt County
8. Somerset
9. Pike Central
10. Prestonsburg / Hazard
Polka Wrote:I think JC (1) and Bell (2) but those are the 2 that I'll go with for now.

Until JC even comes close to giving Bell a game, this isn't credible. :Thumbs:
To me just, MO Bell cant be preseason #1 with everything they lost, including HOF Coach. Doesnt mean they shouldn't move up fast when they start winning games. However PRE season, I would have them lower than #1