Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 114 Piarist 51
"The Guru" Wrote:You are at least a little closer than the others!
Paintsville's first 6 played the whole first and half of the second. Players 7-11 played the rest of the first half. Yes BMR started the second half with his first 6, but halfway through the 3rd, he started subbing out the starters,but usually had 2-3 starters in the rest of the third. The fourth was played entirely by players 7-14. Yes, everyone played at least 3-4 minutes. No one from Paintsville said Landon put up 61 points. And I would say his actual time on the floor was around 14-16 minutes. If he put up 61 in that amount of time, that would have been something. Any player BMR would have chosen could easily have broken the school record for points in a single game, but that was not even a thought.
Sure they could have not played their starters at all and won easily, but, this is a tourny and you should want your regular lineup to at least break a sweat befor haveing to play in the semis!!
Call them classless if you want....most of you have called them worse. But They are thankful they won this game and thankful that nobody from either team got hurt.:thanks:

Paintsvilles coach nor the fans show class.. and that is that.. Point Blank
"Pressure" Wrote:Paintsvilles coach nor the fans show class.. and that is that.. Point Blank

What are you even talking about?????????:beg:

The fans were almost sleeping through this one!

And I know for a fact that BMR has class!!! Heck, He was my teacher in a few!
"Pressure" Wrote:Paintsvilles coach nor the fans show class.. and that is that.. Point Blank

So what is it about their fans that shows no class, please tell Pressure.
NO CLASS!!?!?!?!?!!? Its the Paintsville tigers, they are gonna win 15th and represent the region this is their year although im a tribe memeber for life than i know this is the time for someone like landon to lead his team to a good year.. congratz on 61 kid
congrats....
good win for p-ville.way 2 go landon ur a real hero
Well....whether or not he played his starters or his jv, he should have slowed it down a little and tried to put a halt on the scoring. Embarassing a team is not showing class, whether it was intentional or not. I don't know BMR personally, but I know that this doesn't look good on him.
"Homer Simpson" Wrote:good win for p-ville.way 2 go landon ur a real hero

Why don't some of you grow up. Give the kid a freaking break, he was in the game, what is he suppose to do, stand around and not do anything, get real. Yes he probably could have dished out a few assists here and there, IDK, I wasn't there, but come on, this is already getting old quick.
Landon Slone had only 19 pts in this game. However I would say he played well closer to 20 min than 16 minutes. And in the 4th qrt some of the starters did play the first minute or two not all of them.
Even though paintsville won, it was gonna be a lose/lose situation depending upon where the poster is sitting. If paintsville had won by <20, they would have been tagged as being lame and/or less than advertised. If they had won by >20 they were gonna get tagged as running up the score. I do wish the seniors could have enjoyed getting to "start" one, but their efforts have finally been acknowledged and Brian Auxier on the radio did say some nice things about them and their hard work over the years. Their efforts on a day-in-day-out basis is touching because they've run the same hills, come in for the same early morning practices, and even come back in after losses to run even though they had nothing to do with the loss. My hat's off to 'em. They started something as boys and they've finished it like men. Everyone did get to play and that's cool. Who cares about stats or how many points someone had, they won. I'm sure everyone gave a good effort & there were no injuries.
&quot;OSIRIS&quot; Wrote:Landon Slone had only 19 pts in this game. However I would say he played well closer to 20 min than 16 minutes. And in the 4th qrt some of the starters did play the first minute or two not all of them.

So Landon only had 19 points, thanks for the clear up OSIRIS. How in the world could someone have mistaked 19 points with 61, that is freaking RIDICULOUS. SO, now what do all you who dogged the hell outta Landon have to say about it.
&quot;OSIRIS&quot; Wrote:Landon Slone had only 19 pts in this game. However I would say he played well closer to 20 min than 16 minutes. And in the 4th qrt some of the starters did play the first minute or two not all of them.
If kobe bryant can do it and no one disses i don;t see why he can;t........
My thoughts exactly! 61 points to 19. Wake up whoever posted that crazy post! And by looking at the score, I have seen alot of games alot worse than this! A 50-60 point loss or win happens probably 10-15 times a week. It is because Paintsville put up 114. How many times do you see a score 87-33. Or 94-39. Everyone knows that B.M.R. could have beaten Piarist by 100 if he really and truely wanted too. Did he press? You can't tell your kids that never get to play alot not to play hard and if you do, what is that telling them? Only way I ever see a team running up the score is if when the score gets to be your team up 25-30 and your team is still pressing.
For one, I was listening on the radio and with 4:38 to go on the 3rd, Pugh was the only starter on the floor.

#2, anyone that says BMR has no class does not know the man at all. Are you going to tell the subs, who work their asses off in practice and have the right to play hard and score points when they are in a game, to hold the ball and don't try to score???? Wouldn't it be better to just call the game at that point??? If you tell the subs to not play hard, you're teaching them that later in life if they are doing great and making great money or whatever, that they should quit working hard and let the rest of the world "catch up". Is that what the "lesson" should be to the subs???

#3, those that are trying to say Landon had 61 points are the most classless people of all. All you were doing was trying to put down a kid because of what? Jealousy? IDK. Are you jealous of Slone or what? You were trying to make him out to be an unsportsman thug. It's always the same posters on here that are the most negative that are saying the brutal things. I feel sorry for those particular posters. I'd hate to imagine going through life in such a negative state. If I was that way, I'd want somebody to put me out of my freaking misery:wtf1: :wtf1: :wtf1:
&quot;bigmike06&quot; Wrote:NO CLASS!!?!?!?!?!!? Its the Paintsville tigers, they are gonna win 15th and represent the region this is their year although im a tribe memeber for life than i know this is the time for someone like landon to lead his team to a good year.. congratz on 61 kid
Man, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. The All A State, the Sweet 16, Beach Ball Classic, and many other tournaments always love it when BMR has a good team. The 2 state tourneys love it because they might have BMR's team. The other tourneys because then they can invite BMR's team. Those tourneys love BMR's teams because they know they'll get a team with nothing but CLASS. Don't give me any @#%$&^* about PHS not having any class.
[QUOTE=&quot;OU_Bruiser&quot;]If kobe bryant can do it and no one disses i don;t see why he can;t........[/QUO

What does this have to do with what I had to say????
I knew Landon had 19 and even told a fellow poster since I heard the final stats on the radio after comin' home from the gym. J.D. VanHoose I believe was the leading scorer with 20pts. Paintsville had 8 players in double-figures and I believe only one Tiger player did not score in the contest. Paintsville's starters played as much as they needed to so they wouldn't be rusty come the semi's tonight. If they played their J.V. then that means they wouldn't have played a game in a week. Look at some of the NFL teams that didn't play their starters a little bit during the last several weeks of the season. Playoffs come around and the Bengals and Colts are sent home packin' first round. Congrats to the Tigers, players, and everyone else involved. You've had to put up with too much s*** from some people on here that didn't know what they were talking about...it was aggrevating me and it takes a lot to do that. Good luck tonight tonight and hold your heads up Piarist, you show more heart than any team in the state.
&quot;HeartOFaChampion&quot; Wrote:Gah Isn't This The Worst Score Ever In The 58th District? Lol

Neither of these teams are in the 58th district.
I was at the game, Paintsville showed no class they were throwing up three's like they was down by 20 with 2 minutes to go the whole game, they were all trying to still the ball or block it the entire night, including the starters. They are no point in trying to show a team up like that...
they werent trying to "show up" anyone... like I said earlier, BMR PLAYS 6, do you not think the guys that sit the bench all year weren't going to show him they could play... I mean no class... the student section was cheering because that was the first time many had been in the game all year those seniors are never getting a chance to play so why not cheer when the do get in and score...

No class, huh... well if the people that go to Paintsville have no class, and we are being held as the highest standard of class around here by others... what does that say about you and your school...
Wow Landon With 61 Maybe If They Face David He Would Could Score 100??? Why Risk Getting Him Hurt??? Stupid Move By Coach Runyon. I Would Have Played Guys Who Dont Get Much Minutes.
Every single player played for Paintsville. And everyone scored except one.. Paintsville isn't exactly the only who has had these scores against Piarist.
But I guess Paintsville was supposed to do bad on purpose??
No Class in that win at all. Um strategie : Lets see how many points we can get landon tonight, hey lets run the score as high as possible. that was a stupid move on the part of the coaching staff and looks bad on the school. Hey paintsville looking forward to the next meeting maybe you will score 115!!!! No Class.
&quot;OSIRIS&quot; Wrote:[QUOTE=&quot;OU_Bruiser&quot;]If kobe bryant can do it and no one disses i don;t see why he can;t........[/QUO

What does this have to do with what I had to say????
Even though this has nothing to do with it kobe did what he had to for them to win they was not up 114-51
all i have to say is go tigers. and i hope they open up a can on ac to.:redboxer:
This is rediculous ever heard of playing with some class theres no reason to beat a team that bad
&quot;piratefaithful&quot; Wrote:I was at the game, Paintsville showed no class they were throwing up three's like they was down by 20 with 2 minutes to go the whole game, they were all trying to still the ball or block it the entire night, including the starters. They are no point in trying to show a team up like that...

Paintsville throws up 3's like they are down 20 with 2 minutes to go EVERY game, so what does that statement prove. They played no different lastnight than what they do each time they step out on that floor.
&quot;PC_U_KNOW_98&quot; Wrote:Paintsville throws up 3's like they are down 20 with 2 minutes to go EVERY game, so what does that statement prove. They played no different lastnight than what they do each time they step out on that floor.

Thats my point, you don't play a team like Piarist like you do every game, starters shouldn't have even seen any action. Paintsville could have made the score alot more respectable, when you beat a team by 60+ you loose everyone's respect...
Its not a surprise Paintsville won. Piarist set a school record of 51 points in a game.