Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there going to be an apple bowl next year?
swim move Wrote:Yea good class JCRunningMachine#17.....now tell me something...who has the most wins in Apple Bowl history? In fact, why don't u go check the barrel in central's lobby.:redboxer:

Paintsville does, but who cares about the past. It is the future, and the future doesn't look too good for Paintsville in the Apple Bowl. 2 years ago, we laid the foundation for an upcoming mountain powerhouse.
Tough Turf Wrote:How reliable are your sources?

Very Reliable
The Apple Bowl is played in week seven. This year October 1 is on a Sunday, making the Apple Festival (which occurs on the first Saturday in October) the 5-8 which is week eight in the 2006 Football Season. The game will be played one week before the festival, during the week of September 30th.
Let's put this to rest! Both schools have worked it out and the Apple Bowl will be played on apple day wk. end. That is from the top and it is final.
I have heard that it will be played a week before apple day this year also...we have greenup apple bowl weekend i think
:thumb: i just want to put the point across that paintsville doesn't just lay over and die...and neither does central...Both teams come out fighting each year, no matter what the hype is. for as long as i can remember there was the effort and dedication that makes the apple bowl the experience that it is. thats what makes this rivalry so great. Let's be enimies for the 4 or five days and friends for the other 361.:thumb:
I don't see why the Apple Bowl is played...Jc is in a lose lose situation....if they win ppl say that they should have....if they lose then they are a laughing stock so really its a bad match for JC....plus outside of being a huge rivalry its nothing but another chance to get someone injured.
Tomcat68 Wrote:I can't say for sure, but from what I have heard, Jim Matney wants to get rid of the Apple Bowl with Paintsville because he feels superior to them and doesn't see it as a good match up. I have no clue whether he was able to accomplish this goal though.
Rumor also has it that Jim Matney isn't going to be around after about another 2 years. Belfry's coach is about to retire and it seems like Matney has his heart set on the job.... don't think he should have a say so in the biggest game of Central's season!
Munchkin17 Wrote:Rumor also has it that Jim Matney isn't going to be around after about another 2 years. Belfry's coach is about to retire and it seems like Matney has his heart set on the job.... don't think he should have a say so in the biggest game of Central's season!

Everyone has speculated about Coach Haywood's retirement for the past 10-12 years. I hope that he never does, but I also know that all good things must come to an end eventually. As far as it being 1 year, 2 years or 10 years, noone knows for sure when he will lay down the playbook for good.

I do think that the Apple Bowl should continue. It is a good rivalry.
there should be one there has been one for as long as i can remember
i dont think it will go to the eagles the next 3 years paintsville is looking good there hitting the weights hard it will be a hole different game this year it wont be no blow out. #17 dont get me wrong ur a good running back but all it will take is for u to get hit one good time and that will be it. the apple bowl my senior year u trashed talked cantrell as we was comeing on to the field and the first play of the game he rung ur bell and u didnt do anything for the rest of the game.