Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there going to be an apple bowl next year?
rumors said that we wasnt gunna have one? is this true or does anybody know
I can't say for sure, but from what I have heard, Jim Matney wants to get rid of the Apple Bowl with Paintsville because he feels superior to them and doesn't see it as a good match up. I have no clue whether he was able to accomplish this goal though.
thats what i heard.... thats pretty stupid if u ask me..... thats like the wildest game of the season....i always look foward to that game.... if there isnt gunna be another 1, im gunna be 1 mad person:omg:
No there is an apple bowl this year....there will always be an apple bowl
i hope so cash
Yea
I was always under the impression that Matney was a classy guy. I seroiusly doubt that he would carry around this kind of reasoning. (Because he feels like he is "above" Paintsville").

If he doesn't want to play them--he probably has a better reason than that.

Also--I seriously doubt that this rivalry ends.
It wont end...every year people think that it will, but it never does. It will end when Apple Day ends. Just because we have won 2 straight doesnt change anything, especially since Paintsville won like 6 straight at one time.
Actually Cash, the most Apple Bowls won concecutivley was 3... Not positive but, pretty sure... No class has gone all 4 years without winning an Apple Bowl...
Are you sure? It seems like that Barrel has about 4-6 P-ville templates on it in a row
The apple bowl is definantly on for next season. The schudule I believe has also been fixed to have it on apple day. It is that odd yr. again when before the game may have been played the wk. before or the wk. after.
This year the game is a week b4 apple day
but that is only what i have heard
that is not going to be like any other applebowl
There are rumors every year. There will still be an Apple Bowl for years to come.
:wenumber1 A big FYI for everyone. Go to this website www.phsaa.com and it has the complet history of the apple bowl. and by the way i have 4 wins in a row over the eagles 5 counting 8th grade.
i dont think the apple bowl will ever dissapear
Go jc
Well, I have 2 BLOWOUTS in a row (combined score of 98-12). Confusedhithappe Confusederved:
Someone was telling me that the State has the district games scheduled for certain weeks during the season and this year Apple Day weekend is on a district week so the game would be played 1 week before or 1 week after Apple Day.

As for the Apple Bowl I have heard that Paintsville is wanting to change the contract.

As I understand the contract now both school split the gate and the home team takes the connsessions. Does anyone have any more information?

It seems like both teams make to much money on this game to give it up.
Like others have posted everyyear they keep saying this is the last time. I guess one of these day someone will be right.
applebowl should go to the eagles next 3 seasons
no reason to stop the apple bowl.
It just needs to be played at the largest stadium.
I dont see why Matney thinks he's so superior. When i played, even if he coached Jc's teams...they wouldnt have won the ball games. Plain and simple.. Paintsville hits spurts to where they have tough athletes all over the field. Last year Paintsville had a terrible line, and until the bigger kids get mean and hit the weight room..Paintsville might have some trouble in the future. It's a bad sign when you havent had a solid o-line since the 2001 season.
Superman Wrote:I dont see why Matney thinks he's so superior. When i played, even if he coached Jc's teams...they wouldnt have won the ball games. Plain and simple.. Paintsville hits spurts to where they have tough athletes all over the field. Last year Paintsville had a terrible line, and until the bigger kids get mean and hit the weight room..Paintsville might have some trouble in the future. It's a bad sign when you havent had a solid o-line since the 2001 season.

Where do you guys get that Matney thinks that he is superior?

Really. I have never heard anything but good about this guy.

And I seriously doubt that his "superior" thought process (if it exists to begin with), has anything to do with not playing this game anymore. Like someone else mentioned--it probably has a lot more to do with district pairings/schedules.
Ive never heard the man say that, but people keep claiming that the man thinks that. If Central wants to make a run in the playoffs, they have to play tougher teams, so its understandable why he would wanna end the rivalry game.
Superman Wrote:Ive never heard the man say that, but people keep claiming that the man thinks that. If Central wants to make a run in the playoffs, they have to play tougher teams, so its understandable why he would wanna end the rivalry game.

Interesting.

But--the atmosphere of this game is also very "playoff" like. Matter of fact--it is more like the atmosphere of a 3rd round game or even the semi's. And it isn't like it hasn't been compeitive. (Or one team or the other has owned the series).

I just think that it could go either way. I think that Matney would look at the entire picture. And until I hear him say it--I won't necessarily believe it.
It is 2 weeks before apple day from what I understand. This kills the whole reason for having it on Apple Day. People come from States around to watch this game and enjoy the weekend. IDK who exactly changed it but it was stupid. Paintsville still has the higher record in the Apple Bowl. Just because Central has won two years in a row by a big margin doesn't mean anything. It is a 1A Vs. and 3-A and 4-A team. Both teams represent our county well. Year in and Year out they show how good the Athletes are in this County. Congrats to the boys and girls from both schools who work hard to show what we are made of. i say keep the Apple Bowl on Apple day weekend. it is a fun game for both siedes. No one is superior if matney does think that, not saying he does. The atmosphere of this game is crazy and you can ask anyone who has played in it, it is a feeling that you may never feel again.
Lattimer_99 Wrote:It is 2 weeks before apple day from what I understand. This kills the whole reason for having it on Apple Day. People come from States around to watch this game and enjoy the weekend. IDK who exactly changed it but it was stupid. Paintsville still has the higher record in the Apple Bowl. Just because Central has won two years in a row by a big margin doesn't mean anything. It is a 1A Vs. and 3-A and 4-A team. Both teams represent our county well. Year in and Year out they show how good the Athletes are in this County. Congrats to the boys and girls from both schools who work hard to show what we are made of. i say keep the Apple Bowl on Apple day weekend. it is a fun game for both siedes. No one is superior if matney does think that, not saying he does. The atmosphere of this game is crazy and you can ask anyone who has played in it, it is a feeling that you may never feel again.

How reliable are your sources?
JCRunningMachine#17 Wrote:Well, I have 2 BLOWOUTS in a row (combined score of 98-12). Confusedhithappe Confusederved:

Yea good class JCRunningMachine#17.....now tell me something...who has the most wins in Apple Bowl history? In fact, why don't u go check the barrel in central's lobby.:redboxer: