•  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 2014
Gut with all due respect you are not even close to the problem, the problem started 3 years ago and a small % of parents will always carry it with them even though they have no children in our program at this time. These parents are and will always be WHS fans (I HOPE) If we are going back to BG (WE ARE BETTER THIS YEAR THAN WE WERE LAST YEAR) We must let it go All must pull in the same direction. We will realize and move on soon.
topnotch Wrote:Gut with all due respect you are not even close to the problem, the problem started 3 years ago and a small % of parents will always carry it with them even though they have no children in our program at this time. These parents are and will always be WHS fans (I HOPE) If we are going back to BG (WE ARE BETTER THIS YEAR THAN WE WERE LAST YEAR) We must let it go All must pull in the same direction. We will realize and move on soon.

Spot on.
With a school and community the size of Williamsburg any kind of drama at all would seem to hurt the entire team.
I could see Wburg going back to BG. As you stated, I think they will be better. It will be interesting to see how the QB situation unfolds. For over a decade now it seems Wburg has always had a good throwing QB. Starting With Greer, I cant remember a time when Wburg didn't have a good arm behind center. Im not sure Herron would change the offense if he didn't any ways. That offense is designed to pick up a whole lot of short yarders and QB scrambles. With an athlete like Griffith back there, it could be fun to watch.
Thank you gut.
topnotch Wrote:Thank you gut.

Topnotch you just didn't thank Gut.....tell me it isn't so. :please:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Spot on.
With a school and community the size of Williamsburg any kind of drama at all would seem to hurt the entire team.
I could see Wburg going back to BG. As you stated, I think they will be better. It will be interesting to see how the QB situation unfolds. For over a decade now it seems Wburg has always had a good throwing QB. Starting With Greer, I cant remember a time when Wburg didn't have a good arm behind center. Im not sure Herron would change the offense if he didn't any ways. That offense is designed to pick up a whole lot of short yarders and QB scrambles. With an athlete like Griffith back there, it could be fun to watch.

Griffith is a game changer for sure and played well at the quarterback position as an 8th grader but wonder if he isn't better suited for receiver. can he take the big hits running from the QB position? not downing him at all just wonder if he is physical enough. do they have other wide outs with comparable talent to keep the double teams off Shelton?
64SUR Wrote:Topnotch you just didn't thank Gut.....tell me it isn't so. :please:

Confusederved:Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:Griffith is a game changer for sure and played well at the quarterback position as an 8th grader but wonder if he isn't better suited for receiver. can he take the big hits running from the QB position? not downing him at all just wonder if he is physical enough. do they have other wide outs with comparable talent to keep the double teams off Shelton?

No one knows, he is a outstanding athlete, the qb position presents a whole new equation, we here have good coaches and Jerry. Vaughn. Brock. and Patrick. will have them ready, A big if, we stay healthy we will be fine.
pjdoug Wrote:Griffith is a game changer for sure and played well at the quarterback position as an 8th grader but wonder if he isn't better suited for receiver. can he take the big hits running from the QB position? not downing him at all just wonder if he is physical enough. do they have other wide outs with comparable talent to keep the double teams off Shelton?

You Just pointed out my concerns. As far as him playing well, he is an outstanding athlete, He would play well anywhere, guard, center, running back. What I didn't like was a few posters on here creating controversie, It may come down to Griffin He may be the one that can make the team more successful , however we certainly do not need to get on this venue and discourage any kid from giving it all they have to be our starting QB it would be great to see Griffin back at wr and defensive back, I have a lot of faith in Jerry and when it comes time to select a QB I know he will make that and other decisions based on what will make us a better team. GO JACKETS.
Anybody have any news on LB Jefferson Patrick shoulder surgery last week. Just curious, :getwell: from 64SUR
64SUR Wrote:Anybody have any news on LB Jefferson Patrick shoulder surgery last week. Just curious, :getwell: from 64SUR

I just hear that Jefferson surgery went well. Be out for 4 to 5 months.That will hurt early on in the season. But his brother Brently Patrick will move to LB from kicker. Brently is 6'2 210 LB a beast for LB. Williamsburg defense just got bigger. Lookout hazard Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:I just hear that Jefferson surgery went well. Be out for 4 to 5 months.That will hurt early on in the season. But his brother Brently Patrick will move to LB from kicker. Brently is 6'2 210 LB a beast for LB. Williamsburg defense just got bigger. Lookout hazard Confusednicker:

Brently Patrick is a beast but only wanted to kick, this is great news for the jacket nation very fast and physical
brent will be going off to army basic training this summer... he is going to come back in shape
How can he go to basic training and be back in time to play football?
topnotch Wrote:How can he go to basic training and be back in time to play football?

Obama will help I will give him a call. :popcorn:
topnotch Wrote:How can he go to basic training and be back in time to play football?

I remember a Lynn Camp player doing this a few years ago.
They had a story in the paper about it. Mitchell let him play because he knew hed be in shape coming back and I think he had to miss two or three games.
We will make a run LOOK out Hazard bullies Dawgs. Williamsburg is coming...Bringing a tow truck to bring the dog house back to Williamsburg. :truestory:
topnotch Wrote:I am not sure what order but this maybe the teams.
Halls Knoxville Tenn
South Laurel
Wayne Co. Montecel
Lynn Camp
Berea
Campelsville
Newport something
Pineville
Pike county Central
Harrison County

What order are they in. :please:
I hope to visit with 64 again in Dec.
64SUR Wrote:We will make a run LOOK out Hazard bullies Dawgs. Williamsburg is coming...Bringing a tow truck to bring the dog house back to Williamsburg. :truestory:

64 you should take a car and save money on gas. You wont be bringing the dog house back. Hazard may change there names to the bull hogs after they get done pig stomping the burg.
killbilly usmc Wrote:64 you should take a car and save money on gas. You wont be bringing the dog house back. Hazard may change there names to the bull hogs after they get done pig stomping the burg.

Hazard want be pig stomping Williamsburg.Marked it down. :lmao:
64SUR Wrote:Hazard want be pig stomping Williamsburg.Marked it down. :lmao:

The burg is the new vanilla ice. On top one year and never heard of again.
Pay attention to 55 this time 64.
mysonis55 Wrote:Pay attention to 55 this time 64.

Want happen 55 :truestory:
I remember something like that being said around December too. You do not want to fire up the dawgs.
mysonis55 Wrote:I remember something like that being said around December too. You do not want to fire up the dawgs.

I remember being at the dance in December, Don't remember the dawgs at the Dance. :Sad04:
I have read very little of this thread. I did watch the title game on ihigh last year. Mayfield dominated.

That said, I got the feeling that WBurg just got she'll shocked early. My understanding is that most of Burg comes back. If they can grow, it might be closer this time. ALA - Hazard V Mayfield 2nd go around.
If it is hazard and Mayfield then it would be round 3.
We are like Rocky, we can go the full 12 rounds and still be standing.
64SUR Wrote:I remember being at the dance in December, Don't remember the dawgs at the Dance. :Sad04:

Hazard got there shot and proved they could beat Mayfield after being beat the year before . So let see if Williamsburg can do the same thing?
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard got there shot and proved they could beat Mayfield after being beat the year before . So let see if Williamsburg can do the same thing?

QB positions will be the key getting back to Bowling Green. Williamsburg defense will be rank # 1 in 1A :rockon:
  •  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next