Poll: Who wins the Class A Championship
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Williamsburg
53.16%
Mayfield
46.84%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs Williamsburg 1A State Title
mysonis55 Wrote:32 is the lowest they will go. When its that low everyone goes to playoffs.

:rules: can be change why should mayfield play in 1A if they want to play in 2A or 3A, look at basketball 1A hazard plays in the 14th region 1A sweet sixteen an knott county central also plays in 1A sweet sixteen,an they are a 5A school in football :rules: can be change just saying a little off subject,
32 in 1A. 32 in 6A. Divide the rest amongst the other 4 classes. Schools are pretty close in size in the middle 4 classes. Largest schools are somewhat larger in 1A and 6A. But that is about as close as you can get it. Mayfield will be borderline again. They could go either way. 1A or 2A they will be competitive every year. It is not just about numbers for them. They do a good job with their program from top to bottom. Kind of hope they stay in 1A. They give everybody something to shoot for. I enjoy the banter between 55 and 64.
We do have fun. I look forward to the fun every day.
Yeah, basketball should be put into classifications as well. They always say you only have to find 5 players so any school can do that. I say its like a prize drawing if you buy 20 tickets and the guy next to you only buys 1, are your chances not better. So how is a school with only 400 students going to have as good of a chance as one that has 2,000. The odds of finding the right players definitely gets much better for the bigger teams. Then you add in the fact that they also have more money to lure better coaches.
I would be in favor of a 3 class system in bball.
We need to be praying for no bad weather before Friday. If it gets bad, work probably won't allow me to be there.
Granny if you are out there, I could use your prayers for decent weather.
Ok back to football i think the key for williamsburg to win will be to get to qb Jake Guhy force him to run an he will run right into our arms.then PANIC FEVER will sit in on him an williamsburg wins sound easy i think Confusednicker:
Good luck with that.
64SUR Wrote:Ok back to football i think the key for williamsburg to win will be to get to qb Jake Guhy force him to run an he will run right into our arms.then PANIC FEVER will sit in on him an williamsburg wins sound easy i think Confusednicker:

I beleive this is his 3rd or 4th trip to the carpet. I doubt very seriously That PANIC FEVER will ever set in on MF. Im goina say Williamsburg comes out hot again though. Problem is, Mayfield wont fold like Raceland did. Idk if I gave a prediction or not, so here it is or here's how i feel about it now:

Mayfield 35
Williamsburg 21
64sur and myson55 where is the reunion going to be, you guys keep it clean they will be a lot of children there:argue::ChairHit::igiveup:
ok I thank this game will be played in snow so for that reason the burg wins 28 to 27 go burg TAKE THE STATE for another :1:
I think the snow would tend to favor us more.
We will keep it clean.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think the snow would tend to favor us more.
why do you say that
Good, really good running game. We were a running team before a passing team. Besides that our line has wore bigger teams down all year. Even the teams that have more numbers than us.
the burg has played running teams all year long so what's your point :popcorn:
Just finished reading every page of this thread. Good golly! I could have read a Stephen King novel faster. (probably wouldn't have been as scared) Smile
Yeah, thats the thing, nobody gives our running game any credit but we have racked up 2370 yards this season, quite a bit more than the burg.
Just come watch and you will see. I promise you will not think it is boasting when you see it. Our head coach coached our line and offense for I think about 4 state games prior to becoming a head coach. We won 7 state titles and 7 runners up as a power running team. If there is anything he knows as well if not better than any active coach it is how to win with the power run game.
gobigredMHS Wrote:Yeah, thats the thing, nobody gives our running game any credit but we have racked up 2370 yards this season, quite a bit more than the burg.
hazard running back did that to :flame::flame:
I sure miss this guy, look how skeered the hazard guy is, I think Jonathan is smiling: http://khsaa.zenfolio.com/p388647444/h4d26506#h4d26506
They also don't understand how fast Jake is. We haven't let that cat out of the bag on film yet.
I met my new girlfriend shortly before the season started and took her to a Cardinal football game. She is hooked on what a classy outfit Mayfield is and will be joining me in Bowling Green for the State Championship. She has been to 7 games this year and will not miss the finale.

My prediction: Mayfield 38 Williamsburg 14

Good luck and Congrats to both teams for making it this far.
blueman44 Wrote:hazard running back did that to :flame::flame:

Yes, against such a demanding schedule, hahaah.
Smashmouth 47 Wrote:I met my new girlfriend shortly before the season started and took her to a Cardinal football game. She is hooked on what a classy outfit Mayfield is and will be joining me in Bowling Green for the State Championship. She has been to 7 games this year and will not miss the finale.

My prediction: Mayfield 38 Williamsburg 14

Good luck and Congrats to both teams for making it this far.

Cool, my wife is who turned me on to it and its in my blood now, I don't miss a single game.
I think even the Hazard faithful will tell you that you cannot compare their running game from this year to what you will see from Mayfield.
I had family in for the first Russellville game and for the Frankfort game from the Chicago area. They liked it so much they are trying to make arrangements to be there Friday.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think even the Hazard faithful will tell you that you cannot compare their running game from this year to what you will see from Mayfield.

The burg was the toughest D-line they faced all season, no way they faced a line like McCracken, Tilgman, Graves, Murray, Caldwell or Ft. Campbell even.
I just wonder how many pages this thread will be by game time.
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next