Poll: Who wins the Class A Championship
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Williamsburg
53.16%
Mayfield
46.84%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs Williamsburg 1A State Title
I don't know much about Williamsburg but they must be really good to be here. It will take a great effort to take out the Cardinals. Who do you think wins this clash?
I hope it's in the Cards for us again this year. I know the Jackets will sling the ball around though. Should be a fun day here.
Oh Jesus, this thread is about to be legendary.
mysonis55 Wrote:I hope it's in the Cards for us again this year. I know the Jackets will sling the ball around though. Should be a fun day here.

:howdy: :howdy::howdy: guess who coming to Dinner WILLIAMSBURG YELLOW JACKETS myboyis55
I'm very happy for you 64. I guess you know that even though I like you, I can't root for you this week. I do hope you have a safe trip and enjoy BG.
I am sitting here watching the Williamsburg-Raceland game, did Raceland have any pass defense? I don't know who did the filming of this game but they know nothing about videography.
Let the trash talk beginneth!! I'm so excited for this coming week!!
It sounds like everyone is expecting this to get out of control here.
Well, one thing is for sure, this is a yearly ritual for Mayfield and Williamsburg has never been here before. There are several Mayfield boys that played here last year so I have to believe there will be some deer in the headlights going on for these Williamsburg boys, it happened to Fairview last year.
mysonis55 Wrote:It sounds like everyone is expecting this to get out of control here.

Cruise control mysonis55 speed limit 64 speed up williamsburg is in the fast lane :truestory:
gobigredMHS Wrote:Well, one thing is for sure, this is a yearly ritual for Mayfield and Williamsburg has never been here before. There are several Mayfield boys that played here last year so I have to believe there will be some deer in the headlights going on for these Williamsburg boys, it happened to Fairview last year.
Well one BIG PROBLEM with that innovative analysis Big Red is we DO NOT have any illegal 7th year seniors !!!! And WE won't return the trophy antlers genius ...
gobigredMHS Wrote:I am sitting here watching the Williamsburg-Raceland game, did Raceland have any pass defense? I don't know who did the filming of this game but they know nothing about videography.

Raceland had been strong against the pass all year, but Williamsburg threw short and the Raceland DB's missed tackles.
Mayfield by 3 TDs , but my heart is rooting for the Jackets to bring one back East
Williamsburg will throw the ball all over the field.
The state championship trophy comes back to Williamsburg!
Yeah, I would say they missed tackles. It looked like a sloppy field. The rec would make 1 cut and db would slide down.
Here is a better analysis that I am seeing from watching some video. Williamsburg has a nice passing game, the best Mayfield has seen, no way. This team kinda actually reminds me of the Hazard team we played back in 2010, they had a great QB and a decent running game. It looks like Raceland had no running game that I could see, you won't see that from Mayfield, we are very balanced.

Its really hard to compare teams cause we play such different schedules. I do know that Mayfields Defense is very fast and I expect us to be able to put pressure on your QB and from the looks of it, Williamsburg running game is good but is it great?
I'd like to see the Burg win just so they will turn the Cumberland River orange and burn cars on Main Street. They've had a great year but I'm afraid Mayfield will be too much. Who knows though....I'm buying all the orange food coloring I can find just in case.
I think Williamsburg looks to have the best defense Mayfield has seen from an Eastern KY team, I am impressed with how they played Racelands running game.
I am praying for Williamsburg to bring it home.I love my jackets and wear my jackets and wear my colors with pride! Whatever happens boy's we are proud you''ve had an awesome season.JacketsPride.
Williamsburgs chances are VERY GOOD.
Good Luck Williamsburg. Going to the game, can't wait to see this one!
Just want to say. I have rooted for Williamsburg to get here since the end of last season. I do hope everybody on both sides travels safely. I am not going to be able to make it this year. I do like the the fact that the Jackets are not one dimentional like Fairview was last year. I do think that this Mayfield team has gelled defensively and we have several kids with 2 and a few with three years experience. In this game I also believe Mayfield beat the second best team in 1a twice already this year. Mayfield by 21.
It should be a fun one. I am glad to see the Jackets get there shot. I however, don't want my Cards to give them a good shot. I will take the Cards by 4 scores, but that's why we play them on the field. Going in to the 2011 game, I would have picked the Cards by 2 scores and we know what happened there. I think we are healthy though.
I'm going with Williamsburg. Great passing game and plenty of fast/quick runners when the field is spread. Bring a Championship back to Whitley County!!!!

Go Jackets!!!!
You got us there. We never have any speed, a passing attack, or spread the field.
Oh yeah how could we have faced a great passing game before? I just love opposing fans who don't realize the schedule we play. The only reason this game won't be be worse than 21 is Deon Jackson being out if he was playing I would have said 35.
If Mayfield plays a complete whole game then I like their chances by about 3 scores. Does Williamsburg have great overall team speed? Does Williamsburg have a truly dominate line? Can Williamsburg play from behind? Does Williamsburg have really good running Backs? A kicking game? If the real answer is no to several of those questions then Williamsburg is in big trouble. I do believe Williamsburg has a decent passing game.
Mayfield has also played a much tougher schedule than Williamsburg so that should prepare them more for this game. All the Juniors and Seniors for Mayfield have been to the State Finals for 3 and 4 years straight, that's a plus. Do I think Williamsburg can win this game? Yes, but I believe for that to happen..... Mayfield will have to lay the proverbial egg.
Mayfield is close or at 100% this year, no problems there at all. After looking at more stats, Williamsburg gives up a lot of rushing yards, over 300 against North Laurel, I like how that looks for Mayfield.

Deion is back, no more secret there, has Williamsburg seen a receiver of his caliber this year, I don't know a ton about Wayne County but they may have some like him, not sure. Mayfield's starting D has only allowed 1 TD in the playoffs, its pretty much been lights out.
rednblackattack Wrote:Oh yeah how could we have faced a great passing game before? I just love opposing fans who don't realize the schedule we play. The only reason this game won't be be worse than 21 is Deon Jackson being out if he was playing I would have said 35.

Rednblackattack where in the heck have You been hiding :Sad04:
Killer in the Sun Wrote:If Mayfield plays a complete whole game then I like their chances by about 3 scores. Does Williamsburg have great overall team speed? Does Williamsburg have a truly dominate line? Can Williamsburg play from behind? Does Williamsburg have really good running Backs? A kicking game? If the real answer is no to several of those questions then Williamsburg is in big trouble. I do believe Williamsburg has a decent passing game.
Mayfield has also played a much tougher schedule than Williamsburg so that should prepare them more for this game. All the Juniors and Seniors for Mayfield have been to the State Finals for 3 and 4 years straight, that's a plus. Do I think Williamsburg can win this game? Yes, but I believe for that to happen..... Mayfield will have to lay the proverbial egg.

Mayfield didn't play a team as tough as Wayne County
  • 1(current)
  • Next