Poll: Who wins the Class A Championship
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Williamsburg
53.16%
Mayfield
46.84%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs Williamsburg 1A State Title
Where did you pull those stats out of? Never mind, I don't want you talking about that area of your body on here. They certainly are not listed on the KHSAA web and that very well could be in violation.
Now for more info. I have checked the other 2 rating systems and this is what I found:

Cal Preps sees it this way:
MHS #19 in state
WHS #43 in state

Massey sees it this way:
MHS #19 in state
WHS #49 in state
mysonis55 Wrote:Finally some more good stats to share with you. I have already pointed out how much large of a margin there is between the schedule that Mayfield has played and Williamsburg has played. If you didn't see that I think it is on like page 1 or 2 of this thread. The schedules would be like comparing a high school team to a middle school team. Anyway, a team playing a much tougher schedule, if they were close to the same, should have much lower stats than a team playing a much weaker schedule. So here is what I have came up with.

Top running backs in 1a:
MHS has Stuart Mills at #7 with 1243 yards, which is an avg of 96 per game.
WHS is still looking for one.

Top qb's in 1a:
Dalton Sizemore #2 has gone 146-253 with 6 int and 2556 yards. His avg is 255 per game
and he has 28 td's.
Jake Guhy is #4 has gone 139-221with 6 int and 2023 yards. His ab=vg is 156 per game and he has 27 td's.

Top receivers:
MHS has #2 Deon Jackson. He has caught 37-871 and 11td's and Lane Kennemore #11. He has caught 29-478 and 8 td's.

WHS has #6 Skyler Griffith. He has caught 44-848 and 11 td's.

Team Scoring Leaders
#2 MHS with 559 points which is an avg of 43 ppg.
#3 WHS with 491 points which is an avg of 40.9 ppg.

Scoring Defense Leaders
#2 WHS with 12.3 ppg.
#5 MHS with 17.4 ppg

There you go. There is some more facts for you. I'm sure the Wburg faithful will put a spin on this to say they have better stats or their schedule was tougher, but here you go.

You try and put a spin on them for your team, so what is the difference?

Let me put the spin on it for you 64. First off the stats don't mean shit when they step on the field. Just for fun lets put your stats to the test. Mayfield has been in 6 games that I am sure the starters was in till the end. More opportunities mean more numbers for those stats of yours, correct? Williamsburg starters have probably only played in 3 complete games, meaning less opportunities for those stats, correct? By this reasoning Mayfields stats should be a lot higher than Williamsburg, but they are not.

Plain and simple fact is when you reach the championship game you can throw all these stats out the window. One team is the best in the state the other is the second best. When they step on the field I don't think anyone will have any type of ratings or stats, that you have graciously provided, any where in the playbook. The team that scores the most points will be the winner. Not necessarily the team with the best stats coming into the game. It is all about match ups.

Carry on folks.

P.S. hope this gets me out of the dog house with you 64, since I picked against the Jackets last week. I've had my crow and I am full. Now go serve 55.
Blackcat, you will see who has been served come about 1p on Friday. I will expect to hear your response then.
You, 64 or anyone else can serve as much as you want until the game. After the game, I expect you to be right here, when the real serving gets done. I will be serving lots and lots and lots of crow to you.
E's Army Wrote:Somebody needs to have this conversation with64SUR. He is a chick magnet and it is going to get him in trouble.

SUR has too good of skills to get in trouble. A rolling stone gathers no moss!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
He talks a lot more clearly than 64 types.
mysonis55 Wrote:Blackcat, you will see who has been served come about 1p on Friday. I will expect to hear your response then.

I have yet to predict a winner of this game. I am simply saying you are crowning Mayfield champs by ratings and stats. That is not what will win them the game. They will have to score more points. Your assessment is based on stats and ratings, not match ups in the game.

These same rating systems you are going by also had Williamsburg losing the last 2 games. I am not saying Williamsburg is the better team. I am saying Mayfield will not win because Massey, Cal, Lit, or what ever system says they will. They will win if they score more points.
mysonis55 Wrote:You, 64 or anyone else can serve as much as you want until the game. After the game, I expect you to be right here, when the real serving gets done. I will be serving lots and lots and lots of crow to you.

Hell I been waiting on getting sevre from you the last 2 weeks 55, :biglmao:
Jackson and Kennemore have combined for 1413 yards receiving. Mills and Bright have combined for 1796 yards rushing. Shelton and Griffith have combined for 1931 yards receiving. Patrick and Sizemore have combined for 1198 yards rushing. Mayfields go to receivers and backs have combined for 3209 yards. Williamsburgs go to backs and receivers have combined for 3129 yards. Mayfield has played a tougher schedule. Williamsburg has had more running clocks early giving them less chance to increase stats. Williamsburg has played 1 less game. You can twist stats however you want but the numbers are not that different.
I'm not saying they will win because of those ratings either genius. I am using the only tools available to add some light to the differences between the teams. Or would you prefer that I just tell you to go to ihigh and pull up videos of the two. Then you can look at them for real. I am not sure what your point is. I don't think you are either. I am just showing something tangible instead of getting on here saying my team is gonna win because they are my team.
There won't be any way to twist the stats that will be left on Friday. I suppose you will try to say that can be twisted too. It will be the weather or an injury here or there. It will be the fact that they had to wear dark colored jerseys. I'm not sure, but I'm sure you will say something.
Guys relax, they still give a big silver football to the runner ups.
mysonis55 Wrote:He talks a lot more clearly than 64 types.

anybody who know me mysonis55 will tell I'm half blind,But hey that ok my heart is in the right place Williamsburg nations.64SUR an we are coming with kins folks :betterthanexpected:
I told you this was going to be fun 64. Get those panties out of a wad.
mysonis55 Wrote:I told you this was going to be fun 64. Get those panties out of a wad.

I wear shorts :muscleman:
Wow the thread has shot up big time.. All kinds of chit chat every where.. I fully expect starters for Williamsburg to play.. Jones for Hazard was eligible to play after he got an concussion against Breathitt but hazard coaches still rest him for safety issues.. Its up to the coaching staff of Williamsburg if he is cleared to play and who and what kid doesn't want to play in the state championship... Williamsburg is about 75% pass to 25 % run.. They run the ball just enough to keep you honest and get your defense on its hills... Williamsburg will be ready and im sure Mayfield will not take them likely because you have to be good to make it this far..
Anyone know when the new classification comes out? And possibly who may be playing up or down? Don't really mean to change subjects just been hearing when classification comes out Mayfield may be in because of travel and to me that's seems to be right and will save the school money..
mysonis55 Wrote:I'm not saying they will win because of those ratings either genius. I am using the only tools available to add some light to the differences between the teams. Or would you prefer that I just tell you to go to ihigh and pull up videos of the two. Then you can look at them for real. I am not sure what your point is. I don't think you are either. I am just showing something tangible instead of getting on here saying my team is gonna win because they are my team.

My point is you are throwing out 50 freaking pages of 50 different ratings and stats and saying that is why Mayfield will win. Because all the ratings and stats say so. I will try once more to simplify this for you. I AM SAYING THOSE STATS/RATINGS DONT MEAN SQUAT WHEN THEY STEP ON THE FIELD. THE TEAM WHO WALKS AWAY WITH MORE POINTS WILL BE THE WINNER.

I guess that is why I am the genius, as you say, and well you are 55. Which is less than 64.

BTW, yes I would learn a lot more by watching the film rather than going over your stats and ratings.
mysonis55 Wrote:Guys relax, they still give a big silver football to the runner ups.

I hope Mayfield gets the silver football :football:
Are you saying my stats are not legitimat? I didn't leave your top receiver out to mislead with my numbers.
bac2369 Wrote:Anyone know when the new classification comes out? And possibly who may be playing up or down? Don't really mean to change subjects just been hearing when classification comes out Mayfield may be in because of travel and to me that's seems to be right and will save the school money..

Hell no I want them to stay for 2014 :Cheerlead
E's Army Wrote:Are you saying my stats are not legitimat? I didn't leave your top receiver out to mislead with my numbers.

I think 55 has yellowjackets fever,All of his buddies has already came down with the fever :getwell: guys game Friday at high noon eastern time
2014 classes will remain the same. 2015 KHSAA will reclassify.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:My point is you are throwing out 50 freaking pages of 50 different ratings and stats and saying that is why Mayfield will win. Because all the ratings and stats say so. I will try once more to simplify this for you.WINNER.
I AM SAYING THOSE STATS/RATINGS DONT MEAN SQUAT WHEN THEY STEP ON THE FIELD. THE TEAM WHO WALKS AWAY WITH MORE POINTS WILL BE THE WINNER.I guess that is why I am the genius, as you say, and well you are 55. Which is less than 64.

BTW, yes I would learn a lot more by watching the film rather than going over your stats and ratings.

That's real insight. The team that scores the most will win. So I guess we should just get on here and all say my team will win because they are gonna score more points than yours.:biglmao:
I don't know for sure how the reclassification will go. I know there will have to be 32 teams with smaller numbers or we cant move up. They will not allow us to.
mysonis55 Wrote:

That's real insight. The team that scores the most will win. So I guess we should just get on here and all say my team will win because they are gonna score more points than yours.:biglmao:

OK I will start Williamsburg wins by I don't know bye how many for SUR :rockon:
I think Mayfield will win because they will score more points than Williamsburg.
mysonis55 Wrote:I don't know for sure how the reclassification will go. I know there will have to be 32 teams with smaller numbers or we cant move up. They will not allow us to.

Why does it have to be 32 teams why not 28 in class A an 36 in 2A or etc.:HitWall:
32 is the lowest they will go. When its that low everyone goes to playoffs.
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next