•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin vs Mayfield @ Austin Peay Univ.
4th all time in wins nationally is nice but what does it prove? You can take the best team every year in Kentucky (Even when Trinity won the mythical national title) and they'd be lucky to finish Top 10-15 in Florida, Texas, Georgia, etc.
Hatz Wrote:Not just any 2A team but the 2A Champ that blew everyone away on their way to a title. Just saying. :biggrin:

Not sure what it means for Mayfield. Beaten by the 3A ruunerup and stomped by the 2A Champ.

Danville beat Mayfield last year. Out played them for the most part and got a gift touchdown.

One thing is this Danville will probably have some good to great teams from time to time but they have been on a down cycle for the last 12 years or so. Hard to see the game from Martinsville VA. I was there.
Corbin Wrote:4th all time in wins nationally is nice but what does it prove? You can take the best team every year in Kentucky (Even when Trinity won the mythical national title) and they'd be lucky to finish Top 10-15 in Florida, Texas, Georgia, etc.

Proves mayfield is there and Corbin ain’t!
IMO this game is a toss up. It's should be a dandy.
Westside Wrote:What is your definition of stomp? It's obviously subjective so what is your definition?

Not 14 points that’s for sure.
rookie57 Wrote:This thread reminds me of why I went out of my way to go to Lexington early to watch Boyle county STOMP Corbin.

You mention being objective. Hahahahah that’s funny. Because you say MF didn’t get stomped by Danville but Corbin did. Even though there was a 5 point difference in scores hahaha. Do you know what objective means?
rookie57 Wrote:Not 14 points that’s for sure.

Well it must be somewhere between 14 and 19 hahaha. Those 5 points must have been huge haha. Face it. Mayfield got stomped too. And beat by an apparent nobody runner up last year. So that says a lot about the 4th most wins In the nation team. Can’t beat a team that “isn’t there” haha
Hound05 Wrote:Well it must be somewhere between 14 and 19 hahaha. Those 5 points must have been huge haha. Face it. Mayfield got stomped too. And beat by an apparent nobody runner up last year. So that says a lot about the 4th most wins In the nation team. Can’t beat a team that “isn’t there” haha

First of all, I never said Corbin was a nobody, second , you make my point, I was being facetious and you can’t understand it. You can’t be objective, Corbin beat us by 2, I only said Boye stomped Corbin to make a point, I actually thought Corbin made a decent showing, but you guys can’t give anyone any credit. 4 th in nation in wins is huge, don’t be a hater, give credit where it’s due.
I’m still just trying to figure out the bookies on here.... Who is giving Corbin points this Friday? Inbox me...
Good gosh, hold it together guys. First off, I rooted for Corbin every game but one last year and will do the same again this year. That is of course, unless they meet PT or Caldwell in state.

Here’s the way I see it. The bottom line is, this is supposed to be about discussing your opinions, that’s right opinions, of who will when and by how much and why. Corbin fans and even those who aren’t Corbin fans except when they are playing a West Ky team, have their opinion and we have ours. Why are we illiterate or backwards for having our opinion? Why are they illiterate or backwards for theirs?

The bottom line is, we disagree. I firmly believe that Mayfield is at least 3 scores better than Corbin this year. I get this from film study, coach discussion and partly from the IMTU grading system. We all will find out who is right, sometime around 9pm CST on Friday.
Corbin Wrote:4th all time in wins nationally is nice but what does it prove? You can take the best team every year in Kentucky (Even when Trinity won the mythical national title) and they'd be lucky to finish Top 10-15 in Florida, Texas, Georgia, etc.

Ill make this simple. What it proves is that since both Mayfield, and Corbin have been playing football for near 100 years.

Mayfield is 4th in nation in wins = won a high percentage of games = gave alot of whoopins

Corbin is not even in the top 20 in the weak state of Kentucky in wins = won a much lower percentage of games = got there a$$ whooped alot
rookie57 Wrote:First of all, I never said Corbin was a nobody, second , you make my point, I was being facetious and you can’t understand it. You can’t be objective, Corbin beat us by 2, I only said Boye stomped Corbin to make a point, I actually thought Corbin made a decent showing, but you guys can’t give anyone any credit. 4 th in nation in wins is huge, don’t be a hater, give credit where it’s due.

I never said it wasn’t. But giving credit where credit is due coming from some of you all is the cat calling the kettle black. I’ve never took anything away from MF other than saying I think we’ll beat them by 6.
mysonis55 Wrote:Good gosh, hold it together guys. First off, I rooted for Corbin every game but one last year and will do the same again this year. That is of course, unless they meet PT or Caldwell in state.

Here’s the way I see it. The bottom line is, this is supposed to be about discussing your opinions, that’s right opinions, of who will when and by how much and why. Corbin fans and even those who aren’t Corbin fans except when they are playing a West Ky team, have their opinion and we have ours. Why are we illiterate or backwards for having our opinion? Why are they illiterate or backwards for theirs?

The bottom line is, we disagree. I firmly believe that Mayfield is at least 3 scores better than Corbin this year. I get this from film study, coach discussion and partly from the IMTU grading system. We all will find out who is right, sometime around 9pm CST on Friday.

mysonis55, I agree with what you stated besides your assessment of how much better Mayfield is, but I have to have a little fun with you.

Here is a quote that someone made in last year's Danville-Mayfield State Title Prediction Thread after a similar film study. That person shall remain nameless.

"After viewing the film in detail, I can see simple adjustments that will take away most of the Ads O."

Confusednicker:

I do have a question for you. What exactly do you mean by three scores?
killbilly usmc Wrote:Ill make this simple. What it proves is that since both Mayfield, and Corbin have been playing football for near 100 years.

Mayfield is 4th in nation in wins = won a high percentage of games = gave alot of whoopins

Corbin is not even in the top 20 in the weak state of Kentucky in wins = won a much lower percentage of games = got there a$$ whooped alot

How many teams in Kentucky has played 100 years of football, and what shape was the football. Just asking :mop:
Westside Wrote:mysonis55, I agree with what you stated besides your assessment of how much better Mayfield is, but I have to have a little fun with you.

Here is a quote that someone made in last year's Danville-Mayfield State Title Prediction Thread after a similar film study. That person shall remain nameless.

"After viewing the film in detail, I can see simple adjustments that will take away most of the Ads O."

Confusednicker:

“That person” might wanna keep their day job. Because football analyst sure isn’t in their cards hahah. I believe it was the same predictions about this game last year. But I’m having a blast with it. This is the most fun I’ve had on here in a while. If, and that’s a big if, MF is 3 scores better than us outside of a fluke game (ie belfry/central) they might as well cancel the 2A playoffs
I said 14... I didn’t say 51. I didn’t make fun of mayfield Tradition. Didn’t bring up Danville.
I said 28-14. We are faster, overall a better and more dynamic offensive team than last year. Defensively we are pretty darn squared away as well. We won last year. That’s my reasoning for my opinion. You will have big plays. That’s what happens when you play at this level. But I’m saying we have 2 more big plays.
Westside Wrote:mysonis55, I agree with what you stated besides your assessment of how much better Mayfield is, but I have to have a little fun with you.

Confusednicker:

I remember that quote. They didn’t use the adjustments suggested. Gave qb too much room.
Hound05 Wrote:“That person” might wanna keep their day job. Because football analyst sure isn’t in their cards hahah. I believe it was the same predictions about this game last year. But I’m having a blast with it. This is the most fun I’ve had on here in a while. If, and that’s a big if, MF is 3 scores better than us outside of a fluke game (ie belfry/central) they might as well cancel the 2A playoffs

What fluke game,hahaha.
3 scores would in my mind mean 17 or more points.
rookie57 Wrote:Nope, cause Danville didn’t stomp mayfield, some of you guys just can’t be objective.

Danville won by 14, Boyle won by 19. There was only a five point difference. If one was stomped, then both were stomped. I don’t really think either team was stomped, but neither game was in doubt after the first quarter.
Lol so your scores could be field goals and safeties... ok. I gotcha. U crack me up 55.
I don’t think either team was stomped. But, neither of us brought home the gold ball. That’s not what we want.
bcpc Wrote:Lol so your scores could be field goals and safeties... ok. I gotcha. U crack me up 55.

How does that crack anyone up. Common logic, used even by sportscasters at college and pro level. That’s 2 touchdowns and a field goal. That is 3 scores.
mysonis55 Wrote:3 scores would in my mind mean 17 or more points.

That is a bold prediction. You may be correct. We shall see.
Has Corbin been behind in a game? If so what the largest deficient? Do you hounds think your boys can play from behind? I’m not making a statement, just inquiring about the fight in the dog
Patriot1 Wrote:What fluke game,hahaha.

Oh god! Don’t get them in here all riled up! You’ll have the servers so bogged down in pond creek they won’t be able to illegally stream cable haha
Goodness!!! This thread has got out of hand and it's only tuesday.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:These type comments add to the entertainment we are already enjoying Confusednicker:

I dont expect Morris to leave for some time nor would I expect Haddix to want to leave his area of the state for a HS job but this type comment sure gets under some folks skin

I thought I might learn something :biggrin:
Hound05 Wrote:There is ONE thing for sure about this game. Come late Friday night a couple people are gonna be really happy or really upset. Either way, I await PJ’s comments afterwards directed at those who will probably need counseling.

^Confusednicker:
Patriot1 Wrote:Yes the ones happy he will make mad and the ones mad he will make angry

I'm a winner either way. lol
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next