Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
64.71%
Russell County
35.29%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Russell County 2nd Round
sstack Wrote:How many fans do you get for a typical game?

^ Slightly more than UK does..........:eyeroll:

I'm honestly not sure, maybe someone else can weigh in with some specifics. I would guess 2000-3000 for better opponents & rivalries. I would not be surprised to see 5000-6000 people in attendance tomorrow.
The weather report looks to be good for tomorrow, but there must be some kind of strange front moving in. I noticed this morning that crows were flying north by the thousands...........then again, perhaps it's in preparation for a Friday night feast in Title Town.
laker20 Wrote:The weather report looks to be good for tomorrow, but there must be some kind of strange front moving in. I noticed this morning that crows were flying north by the thousands...........then again, perhaps it's in preparation for a Friday night feast in Title Town.

You're killing me, Smalls! Confusednicker:

Quote from the movie The Sandlot
laker20 Wrote:^ Slightly more than UK does..........:eyeroll:

I'm honestly not sure, maybe someone else can weigh in with some specifics. I would guess 2000-3000 for better opponents & rivalries. I would not be surprised to see 5000-6000 people in attendance tomorrow.
I would say that is a bit overly optimistic... According to your schools listing on the KHSAA site your facility only holds 2,500. Crowds at State Final games in 4A are in the 6 - 7,000 range typically. The exception to that was the 2010 Final at BG where Allen County-Scottsville lost to BC, over 13K showed up. ACS would be considered a local school. BC will bring a good crowd, but I doubt you have over 3,000 total. JMHO.
sawmill Wrote:Are you saying we're going to have to stand to watch this game because you're not going to have enough seats for the rebel nation. :lame:

Hopefully everyone but you gets a seat.
You can have mine....gotta feeling we will be doing a lot of standing!
laker20 Wrote:The weather report looks to be good for tomorrow, but there must be some kind of strange front moving in. I noticed this morning that crows were flying north by the thousands...........then again, perhaps it's in preparation for a Friday night feast in Title Town.

Laker20,all those crows you saw flying north this morning are the ones you Laker fans have let loose this week bragging on Russell coounty.it's gonna be a shame if you have to call'em back home so you can eat'em come saturday morning.:hilarious:
Lake Trash Wrote:I would say that is a bit overly optimistic... According to your schools listing on the KHSAA site your facility only holds 2,500. Crowds at State Final games in 4A are in the 6 - 7,000 range typically. The exception to that was the 2010 Final at BG where Allen County-Scottsville lost to BC, over 13K showed up. ACS would be considered a local school. BC will bring a good crowd, but I doubt you have over 3,000 total. JMHO.

If our capacity is 2500, then I'd say we generally have 2000 or So for the big games, and 1500 for the lesser. We generally have 50 or So in chairs, and probably 100 standing around.
Russell Co keeps rolling IMO!

Russell Co. - 42

Boyle Co. - 35
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Might be the biggest game in Russell Springs in the past 30 years . . .

Go Lakers!

Russell County - 35

Boyle County - 22
Gitback Coach Wrote:Might be the biggest game in Russell Springs in the past 30 years . . .

Go Lakers!

Russell County - 35

Boyle County - 22

It is the biggest game in the history of the Russell County program. This is a program that is 3-21 in the playoffs all time. They have a chance to beat a state champion program and play for their first ever regional championship... And that is why I think they will lose. The moment will be too big for them.
Norm Peterson Wrote:It is the biggest game in the history of the Russell County program. This is a program that is 3-21 in the playoffs all time. They have a chance to beat a state champion program and play for their first ever regional championship... And that is why I think they will lose. The moment will be too big for them.

I see where your coming from Norm, and for the fans & perhaps the staff you may have a point. It's a big game that we'd love to win. But if we don't we will be satisfied with the teams accomplishments for the season.

As far as players go, it is a big game for the players on both teams. You can't tell me that this game is any different for Casey Whittle than it is for Nick Britt. For the individual players it doesn't really matter how this one game compares to games from other seasons, it is their biggest game this year.........period. So, I disagree about the moment being too big for the Lakers, because if you lined up the seniors from both teams, the game would be just as big for the ones in black/gold as the ones in red/white/blue.

As I've said previously, the Lakers are playing loose and having fun. They've accomplished more than any other team in Laker history already, and this is just bonus time. This doesn't mean they don't want to win, they just don't have to win to deem the season a success.
Norm Peterson Wrote:It is the biggest game in the history of the Russell County program. This is a program that is 3-21 in the playoffs all time. They have a chance to beat a state champion program and play for their first ever regional championship... And that is why I think they will lose. The moment will be too big for them.

And if we do happen to win Norm, will the moment be to big again next week or will you finally give the Lakers a little credit which you have not done yet.
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:And if we do happen to win Norm, will the moment be to big again next week or will you finally give the Lakers a little credit which you have not done yet.

Thats a big if. Confusednicker:
If anyone would like to hook up before, halftime, or after the game I'm in. I'll even pitch in and buy the hot chocolate. It'll be nice to meet some of the BGR members.
laker20 Wrote:I see where your coming from Norm, and for the fans & perhaps the staff you may have a point. It's a big game that we'd love to win. But if we don't we will be satisfied with the teams accomplishments for the season.

As far as players go, it is a big game for the players on both teams. You can't tell me that this game is any different for Casey Whittle than it is for Nick Britt. For the individual players it doesn't really matter how this one game compares to games from other seasons, it is their biggest game this year.........period. So, I disagree about the moment being too big for the Lakers, because if you lined up the seniors from both teams, the game would be just as big for the ones in black/gold as the ones in red/white/blue.

As I've said previously, the Lakers are playing loose and having fun. They've accomplished more than any other team in Laker history already, and this is just bonus time. This doesn't mean they don't want to win, they just don't have to win to deem the season a success.

I never said that the game was any bigger for the Laker players than it is for the Boyle County players...the difference is this is probably about the 10th game of this magnitude that the Rebel seniors have been in...that isn't the case for the Lakers. You may say that the Lakers are playing loose, but they are fully aware that no Russell County team has ever been past this round...they are fully aware that they are playing a program with multiple State Championships...they are aware that this is the best team that they have faced...ever...they are aware that if they lose in the second round that everyone will say that they were a product of a weak schedule...they know all these things...and you can't say that they are truly playing loose until they get into the game and have something go wrong...then we'll see. Will they keep their composure and come right back or will they implode like they did last season? We'll see tomorrow.
Rebel55 Wrote:If anyone would like to hook up before, halftime, or after the game I'm in. I'll even pitch in and buy the hot chocolate. It'll be nice to meet some of the BGR members.

Ill be at the tail gate party before the game.
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:And if we do happen to win Norm, will the moment be to big again next week or will you finally give the Lakers a little credit which you have not done yet.

Sure, I'll give them credit...but they have to earn it. So far all I've seen them do is run up two nice regular season records against a mediocre, at best, schedule and be one of the few #1 seeds to ever lose to a #4 seed in the first round of the playoffs. Win tomorrow and we'll talk.
sawmill Wrote:Ill be at the tail gate party before the game.

Is that an invitation?:biggrin:
Norm Peterson Wrote:Sure, I'll give them credit...but they have to earn it. So far all I've seen them do is run up two nice regular season records against a mediocre, at best, schedule and be one of the few #1 seeds to ever lose to a #4 seed in the first round of the playoffs. Win tomorrow and we'll talk.

No need to worry about having that conversation. Go Rebels!!!!
Norm Peterson Wrote:Sure, I'll give them credit...but they have to earn it. So far all I've seen them do is run up two nice regular season records against a mediocre, at best, schedule and be one of the few #1 seeds to ever lose to a #4 seed in the first round of the playoffs. Win tomorrow and we'll talk.

We were actually the #2 Seed and lost to a 3, but don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion. I know your a secret Laker fan.
Rebel55 Wrote:Is that an invitation?:biggrin:

Sure we re bring the big grill come join us we re leaving the school at 4:30,,
laker20 Wrote:We were actually the #2 Seed and lost to a 3, but don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion. I know your a secret Laker fan.

I'm sorry. I forgot about the 3 way tie thing and since you lost to a 4-6 Mercer County team that had just lost to a 1-10 Dunbar team I forgot they weren't a #4 seed.
I'll be looking when we get there. I think our crew is leaving around 5:15. Maybe stopping g and getting a bite to eat, but will look for you all.
I am very involved with our program. I have had a son on the team for four years and I will continue to for six more. I respect your program and your titles and I am trying to help develop the support system to help us get to that level and compete for championships on an annual basis. However, at some point you had to win your first. You had to break through in your first big game. You had to pull a big upset or two. I believe it is our time. This is not our first big game. We had Allen County beat two years ago only to let them off the hook in the second half (lesson learned). I have heard Mercer brought up again and again...that game was a fluke..two td's called back, Britt fumbling on the one yard line and the Titans were playing off sheer emotion..we were more concerned about Lex Cath and it bit us in the butt (lesson learned). Now don't come back about how cocky I am or how I disrespect your team, nothing could be further from the truth. But I believe in these young men from Russell County and I expect them to be 12~0 after tommorow night. Lakers 35...Rebels 21
This kinda game comes down to turnovers. who ever makes the most turnovers will loose i'd say!

Boyle County 34

Russell County 31
My last post before the game. I still think this game comes down to turnovers. The team that doesn't do it wins. I like what PreacherVol is sayin about trying to build its program to a championship level. It has to start somewhere and sometime I just hope it's next year or after and comes at the expense of somebody besides the Rebels. We plan on setting up camp with a big tailgate group and if you and laker20 would like to come by I'm sure we'll have an extra dog or brat for ya. Good Luck Rebels !! Drain the LAKE !!

BC 35
RC 21
Sounds like Boyle is already putting this one in the bag an getting ready for lex Cath! But I think both Boyle and lex Cath have gotten ahead of themselves just a little bit. They both have two very strong teams to contend with Friday and both can very easily get beaten. I hope that their teams are over looking Russell and Knox like their fans are cause it sure would be nice to see a Knox Russell rematch this year!!! Good luck lakers!! Kick a little rebel butt and the panthers will try to do the same hope to see you next week
As much as I like and respect the Boyle program, I'm pulling for the Lakers in this one. A son of the Laker's HC is a good friend of my elder son (Centre buddies). We are hoping that the Lakers and the Bluebirds can both advance deep enough to meet in the semis. Go Lakers! Hope both teams play well and avoid injuries.
64black&gold Wrote:My last post before the game. I still think this game comes down to turnovers. The team that doesn't do it wins. I like what PreacherVol is sayin about trying to build its program to a championship level. It has to start somewhere and sometime I just hope it's next year or after and comes at the expense of somebody besides the Rebels. We plan on setting up camp with a big tailgate group and if you and laker20 would like to come by I'm sure we'll have an extra dog or brat for ya. Good Luck Rebels !! Drain the LAKE !!

BC 35
RC 21

Thanks for the invite 64. May just see you there. You and all the Rebels travel safe.
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next