Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
64.71%
Russell County
35.29%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Russell County 2nd Round
couldnt find out where this one is played, Russell County is undeated,Boyle has 4 loses,but to Lex Cath by 3,Highlands,Danville,and John Hardin,so dont count Boyle out of this one...
^Game is at Russell County.

This should be a great game between what I think is two of the top 3 teams in 4A. Boyle has been turning it on down the stretch and after a bit of shakey start have the offense running smoothly. Russell Co has had one of the most explosive offenses all year. This game will be a state championship like kind of game. It will come down to defense, turnovers, & special teams. The team that performs the best in these three areas will go on to the regional championship game.

Its gonna be a slobber-knocker!
Britt scores late and Russell wins 27-26. Should be a great game between two very good teams. I would normally think Russell would not be physical enough but they have good wins over Whitley and Knox who are very physical teams.
Boyle 35-Russell 21.
Could a Mod.add a poll?
Rebels roll 42 28. Go rebels.
Boyle County 28-21.
Respect the Lakers. This will be the first time that Boyle County has seen great speed outside the traditionally great teams. They better not sleep on Russell County.

If the Lakers lose it will probably be because of the stage they are playing on getting to them.
LWC Wrote:Respect the Lakers. This will be the first time that Boyle County has seen great speed outside the traditionally great teams. They better not sleep on Russell County.

If the Lakers lose it will probably be because of the stage they are playing on getting to them.

If the Lakers lose it'll be because Boyle is the better team. Don't start making excuses already. Honestly I don't see the Laker defense being able to stop Boyle's offense. I'm not real sure the varsity offense has been stopped more than one or two drives the last four games. Looking forward to this game.
LWC Wrote:Respect the Lakers. This will be the first time that Boyle County has seen great speed outside the traditionally great teams. They better not sleep on Russell County.

Please clarify about the speed.are you saying they will have more speed than the teams we've played this year?IMO Russell will not have the speed of Highlands,Lex cath.or John hardin.i doubt they'll have anymore speed than Danville.speed dose not worry me if it's defended right.you have to attack it and stop it before it gets out of the backfield.this was always Chuck Smiths philosiphy.if speed dose'nt get into the secondary it's not gonna hurt you.
This game is finally here.

RC is better.
RC will win.

Russell County 36
Boyle County 28
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This game is finally here.

RC is better.
RC will win.

Russell County 36
Boyle County 28

Just curious what makes you think Russell has the better team?
^
Ive felt that way all year.
It not a knock to Boyle, but IMO, Russell County is the best team in that region.
I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Boyle or Lex Cath beat them, but IMHO, RC is just a little above the rest.
These two will be very even, but at home, RC pulls it out.
Rebels
Aug 17, 12 Highlands away 31 - 52 (L) Click
Aug 25, 12 Collins home 49 - 26 (W) Click Stuart Powell Bowl
Aug 31, 12 Danville home 21 - 28 (L) Click
Sep 7, 12 John Hardin home 14 - 34 (L) Click
Sep 14, 12 Dixie Heights home 37 - 21 (W) Click
Sep 21, 12 Taylor County home 53 - 0 (W) Click
Sep 28, 12 Lexington Catholic away 21 - 24 (L) Click
Oct 12, 12 Marion County away 63 - 0 (W) Click
Oct 19, 12 Mercer County home 59 - 19 (W) Click
Oct 26, 12 Whitley County away 38 - 7 (W) Click
Nov 2, 12 Clay County home 72 - 20 (W) no

RC
Aug 17, 12 Campbellsville at Campbellsville University 51 - 0 (W) Click Forcht Bank Bowl
Aug 24, 12 Whitley County away 49 - 20 (W) Click
Aug 31, 12 South Laurel home 62 - 13 (W) Click
Sep 7, 12 Pulaski County home 28 - 14 (W) Click
Sep 14, 12 North Laurel away 45 - 35 (W) Click
Sep 21, 12 Letcher County Central away 59 - 14 (W) Click
Sep 28, 12 Rockcastle County home 37 - 0 (W) Click
Oct 12, 12 Clay County away 56 - 14 (W) Click
Oct 19, 12 Knox Central away 35 - 19 (W) Click
Oct 26, 12 Adair County home 66 - 14 (W) Click
Nov 2, 12 Marion County home 52 - 0 (W) no
Should be a heck of a game.
sawmill Wrote:Rebels roll 42 28. Go rebels.

You really think we'll give up 28 pts?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Ive felt that way all year.
It not a knock to Boyle, but IMO, Russell County is the best team in that region.
I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Boyle or Lex Cath beat them, but IMHO, RC is just a little above the rest.
These two will be very even, but at home, RC pulls it out.

Just wonderd everyone has an opinion.for Russell to win they will have to be much better than they were last year.Boyle's offense is a whole lot better than last year .the defense is about the same as last year.Boyle didn't have a passing game at all last year.this year they are very balanced.they're much harder to defend this year.Russell may win,but unless Boyle has alot of turnovers or something i don't see it happening.IMO
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:You really think we'll give up 28 pts?

I don't.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first time Russell Co uses their full play book. I don't think they've show their entire hand.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I don't.

Im trying to be nice ok.
Boyle 31 Russell 21 cant wait to drive down 127 for this one.
Boyle also looked really good running the no huddle last night. Maybe something they try against RC if it gives them a good match up.

One thing is for sure, we'll see two good teams Latin it all on the line, giving absolutely everything they have next Friday night. Can't wait
This will be a very interesting conversation leading up to game time. Russell County has been playing great ball all year. Boyle has been playing great teams all year. The rebels will come into Russell County injury free and be on a mission to show how playing such a difficult schedule pays off in the post season.

They both have good speed. I think speed will only be a factor if the defense allows it. So if it's shut down, how well they are able to make adjustments will have a great impact on the momentum of the game. I have been very impressed with Boyles passing game lately.

My prediction: Alot of hype this week--the game will start out fast--then the Rebels will settle in and show Russell what they've been hoping wasn't true all year..

Boyle 35
Russell 14
Wow where are all the rc faithful. Cant wait for this one.
Both teams are on a roll coming into the playoffs. After the bye week Boyle County has absolutely dominated, scoring on 18 consecutive possessions throughout two games at one point and giving up very few points. Granted it wasn't against power teams it is still impressive. Russell County hasn't seen a balanced fundamentally sound team like Boyle County all year. I do got Boyle County winning this one 42-21.
Boyle wins handily. Then beats Lexcath next week.
Boyle County Fans...if you like Catfish get down early and go to Coe's Steakhouse in Russell Springs...Best Catfish I have ever had.

Less than 5 minutes from the field.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Boyle wins handily. Then beats Lexcath next week.

Finally something we agree on. :Thumbs:
Here are some stats for the two teams. Scoring is through 11 game, everything else is through 10 games.

Through 11 Games:
BC is averaging 42 Points/Game and giving up 21
RC is averaging 49 Points/Game and giving up 13

Offensive Yardage:
BC 258 Rushing / 193 Passing (451 YPG)
RC 260 Rushing / 138 Passing (398 YPG)

Allowing:
BC 195 Rushing / 116 Passing (311 YPG)
RC 136 Rushing / 132 Passing (268 YPG)

Takeaways:
BC 18 INTs (2TD) / 6 Fumble Recoveries
RC 17 INTs (4TD) / 13 Fumble Recoveries (3TD)
laker20 Wrote:Here are some stats for the two teams. Scoring is through 11 game, everything else is through 10 games.

Through 11 Games:
BC is averaging 42 Points/Game and giving up 21
RC is averaging 49 Points/Game and giving up 13

Offensive Yardage:
BC 258 Rushing / 193 Passing (451 YPG)
RC 260 Rushing / 138 Passing (398 YPG)

Allowing:
BC 195 Rushing / 116 Passing (311 YPG)
RC 136 Rushing / 132 Passing (268 YPG)

Takeaways:

BC 18 INTs (2TD) / 6 Fumble Recoveries
RC 17 INTs (4TD) / 13 Fumble Recoveries (3TD)

Nice post but now put the teams they play up for boyle highlands ,lexcath,john hardin, collins
For russell county .knox central
  • 1(current)
  • Next