Poll: Who wins this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County Black Bears
43.28%
Bell County Bobcats
56.72%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County @ Bell County 10/30
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Pot calling the kettle black. You all keep bashing us but we are the bad one's?????

You all are pitifull. I am done with this post. Come back on Friday night after the game and then we will see what you have to say.

Also quit saying this is a young Rock team. Bell has 6 seniors, Rock has 11 and of those 11 it is their best players Bishop, Bullens, Thacker, Abney and Todd. Take your young excuse somewere else.

If you don't have anything to say about this game don't post!!!!
when you are giving a basic anaylsis however you spell that....lol on your team, then its not an execuse but when you bring up the Rock and Bell game just because I picked Harlan County, thats an excuse
rocket01 Wrote:when you are giving a basic anaylsis however you spell that....lol on your team, then its not an execuse but when you bring up the Rock and Bell game just because I picked Harlan County, thats an excuse

You can pick against Bell all you want. You've done it quit a bit as it is with poor results, but your post was more than just picking against Bell. You don't seem to realize that. You come on Bell's thread basically every week trying to discredit them. And you look like a fool doing it because you are ignoring all of the facts. Good grief. Enjoy life a little bit. Don't let Bell eat at you so bad.
easyM Wrote:You can pick against Bell all you want. You've done it quit a bit as it is with poor results, but your post was more than just picking against Bell. You don't seem to realize that. You come on Bell's thread basically every week trying to discredit them. And you look like a fool doing it because you are ignoring all of the facts. Good grief. Enjoy life a little bit. Don't let Bell eat at you so bad.
Oh my resource of "poor" stats describes me that I dont know what I'm talking about or is it just you cant face facts......which is it?
AnalysisKing Wrote:Okay im back now after my suspension. I Would like to say I apologize for the langauage I used, that was intended for the arrogant bell fans, and i still am proud of what I said, but other fans, I aplogize.

Did you really get suspended?
rocket01 Wrote:Oh my resource of "poor" stats describes me that I dont know what I'm talking about or is it just you cant face facts......which is it?

Surprised you had to ask. (Well no, not really). You don't know what you're talking about. How have you stacked up this year in your picks from Bell games?
easyM Wrote:Surprised you had to ask. (Well no, not really). You don't know what you're talking about. How have you stacked up this year in your picks from Bell games?

I don't know who is dumber.....him or you for arguing with him....:lmao:
easyM Wrote:Surprised you had to ask. (Well no, not really). You don't know what you're talking about. How have you stacked up this year in your picks from Bell games?
Confusedleep:whatever mr. unbeatable all mighty bobcat fan,I know exactly what I'm talking about
rocket01 Wrote:Confusedleep:whatever mr. unbeatable all mighty bobcat fan,I know exactly what I'm talking about

I'd like to hear your stats to back up what you have said. Please enlight us.
You were showed strength of schedule yesterday and "accurate stats" as well. I think you brushed them off. Called them a joke. So what stats do you have that are more accurate than the KHSAA's?
easyM Wrote:I'd like to hear your stats to back up what you have said. Please enlight us.
You were showed strength of schedule yesterday and "accurate stats" as well. I think you brushed them off. Called them a joke. So what stats do you have that are more accurate than the KHSAA's?
Why should I when I know what I'm talking about with Bell and Harlan County.
easyM Wrote:Bell hasn't had impressive games? They can't help it if the teams can't play with them.
Bell destroys Whitley. What did Harlan Co. do against Whitley?
There's no ground to stand on with this argument for you.
It is what it is. Heck, you've picked Bell to get beat several times this year so why would you not now?

:argue: The above post appears to be the one that incited the riot. I tried to include rocket01s previous post but couldn't for some reason. In it rocket01 picked Harlan and tried to back up his argument with references to Bell's schedule and some not so impressive wins. Apparently easyM took offense and the fireworks started. easyM's friends joined in then and it became a free for all. :dontthink
easyM Wrote:Yes we are really good. Have been for quite some time. Ask around.
Many other teams have been really good as well.....
I hate it eats at you so much.
The biggest statement that someone can say to compliment your program is when they say, I can remember when we beat you guys back in.......
If we weren't that good why would you care.
You can bet your hindend I can remember beating Ft. Thomas, CovCath, Boyle, Belfry, Danville,......... That's a compliment to how good they were/still are.

I'm not trying to get into the middle of this fracas, just wanted clarification.

I think you are mentioning Bell's victories over the above programs. I can remember some but did you guys beat Ft. Thomas and/or Cov Cath sometime? Or am I just really confused?
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote::argue: The above post appears to be the one that incited the riot. I tried to include rocket01s previous post but couldn't for some reason. In it rocket01 picked Harlan and tried to back up his argument with references to Bell's schedule and some not so impressive wins. Apparently easyM took offense and the fireworks started. easyM's friends joined in then and it became a free for all. :dontthink

Before you chime in you might need to know the whole history. It wasn't only in this thread. It's been going on for several weeks on several different threads from him. And, it had nothing to do with predictions.
While you're throwing out guilty threads, save a few for yourself. Your's are well known too.
Change your name to Judge Buckeye.Confusedhh:
Hatz Wrote:I'm not trying to get into the middle of this fracas, just wanted clarification.

I think you are mentioning Bell's victories over the above programs. I can remember some but did you guys beat Ft. Thomas and/or Cov Cath sometime? Or am I just really confused?

We have beaten both of them.
easyM Wrote:Before you chime in you might need to know the whole history. It wasn't only in this thread. It's been going on for several weeks on several different threads from him. And, it had nothing to do with predictions.
While you're throwing out guilty threads, save a few for yourself. Your's are well known too.
Change your name to Judge Buckeye.Confusedhh:

You're a bitter (man?) easyM. :devilflam

Thanks, The Judge
:moon:
easyM Wrote:We have beaten both of them.
:dontthinkHighlands was a forfieture and the wins were basically re-instated in 2004 and according to KHSAA there is no accurate record with Bell and Covington Catholic.
rocket01 Wrote::dontthinkHighlands was a forfieture and the wins were basically re-instated in 2004 and according to KHSAA there is no accurate record with Bell and Covington Catholic.

Let me repeat something for the millionth time. You have no clue what you're talking about. I was talking about the forfeiture game agains Ft. Thomas. We beat CovCath in the state semis. Please hush.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:You're a bitter (man?) easyM. :devilflam

Thanks, The Judge

No bitterness here. Just practice what you preach and don't accuse other's before knowing the facts.
Here comes the judge!
rocket01 Wrote::dontthinkHighlands was a forfieture and the wins were basically re-instated in 2004 and according to KHSAA there is no accurate record with Bell and Covington Catholic.

I wasn't talking about the forfeiture game. Trust me, we have beaten them on the field.
This was a post talking abouting the Bell and Highlands game back in 2004, so easyM, you need to know what you're talking about, this was from a early thread so read before you talk about beating Highlands;

The Story

Actually they did play within the rules: Ky's Constitutional rules, which the KHSAA seemingly doesn't think applies to the KHSAA. Don't be totally surprised if every team that was required to forfeit a game due to the KHSAA thinking its rules were somehow superior to the Ky Constitution, gets those wins restored in the not too distant future.

Not wanting to re-rash the Mitchell case all over again, but since I don't think this site was around in 2004 when the Mitchell case transpired and thus there may be some posters not aware of the actual facts involved, I'll give a summary.

Mitchell transferred from CovCath to Highlands for his senior year. His family moved to Ft. Thomas but kept didn't sell their home in Florence; rather they leased it with an option to purchase to an older son and a non-relative. There is testimony under oath from the Mitchells that they did not return to their Florence home once they moved to Ft. Thomas. There is no contradicting evidence. None. Zilch. Nada. No testimony from a private investigator hired by the KHSAA stating that the Mitchell's continue to live in Florence and that the apartment in Ft. Thomas rented by the Mitchells was a sham to try and get around the rules.

Nonetheless, the KHSAA said it was not a bona fide change of residence and based it's decision of the sole fact that the Mitchells had not sold their former home. There was nothing in the by laws or case interpretations that stated that one had to sell the former home in order of it to be a bona fide change of residence. The KHSAA refused to consider the possibility that the Mitchells may have wanted to keep the Florence home for investment purposes or for many other legitimate reasons. (It's interesting and telling to note that after the Mitchell decision, the KHSAA added the word "permanent" to the bona fide change of residence rule to strengthen its position that the former home had to be sold. It's kind of telling to me that they felt the original rule did not support their position. It's also important to note, that in some cases since Mitchell, the KHSAA has held that the former home does NOT need to be sold. Which should bring to mind for any rational person or for any judge the question: if not selling the former home was the sole basis for ruling Mitchell ineligible, why can some kids be eligible when the parents haven't sold their former home and other kids be ineligible? They've been very inconsistent on this issue, which makes it very, very difficult for a parent to know what they have to do to make their child eligible at the new school.)

The Mitchells appealed the initial KHSAA determination to the KHSAA's hearing officer ( a lawyer and former circuit court judge from Louisville trained to gather facts and apply the law). The hearing officer recommended that Mitchell be eligible and the initial determination of the KHSAA be over turned.

The KHSAA board of control unanimously voted to not follow the Hearing officer's recommendation (quite surprisingly and quite rare, not one board member agreed with their own hearing's officers logic and recommendation).

In accordance with and as permitted by the KHSAA's own due process procedures, the Mitchells filed suit in court. Again, the KHSAA's procedures authorized the Mitchells to file suit. Highlands did not file the suit. Actually, they were named with the KHSAA as a defendant. The Mitchells requested and obtained a temporary injunction from the Campbell County Circuit Court stating he was temporarily eligible to play pending a final decision on the merits of the case. When that happened, the KHSAA sent Highlands a letter stating that regardless of the temporary injunction, if Highlands played Mitchell and Mitchell was ultimately determined to be ineligible, then Highlands would forfeit every game that Mitchell played in. Highlands explained to the KHSAA that they had no choice but to play Mitchell if the court said he was eligible, for to do otherwise would be to ignore the intent of the court order, cause Highlands to possibly be in contempt of court, and be unfair to Mitchell if Highlands sat him out and he ultimately was determined to be eligible by the courts. The KHSAA said tough luck and re-threatened the sanctions. Highlands did what it thought was the right thing under the law and played him.

The KHSAA appealed to the Court of Appeals requesting an emergency hearing. The Court of Appeals denied such request. The KHSAA then asked the Ky Supreme Court for an emergency appeal. Ultimately, the KY Supreme Court denied this request, and then the KHSAA then went back to the Court of Appeals to request a regular hearing date. The hearing was held months after the initial temporary injunction was issued. On the eve of the State game, the Court of Appeals overturned the temporary injunction, hence making Mitchell ineligible for the state game. Highlands did not contest or appeal this action by the Court of Appeals, but rather complied with it and did not play Mitchell in the state game.

All of the above action dealt with the temporary court injunction, not the actual merits of the case which was still moving its way through the court system. However, before there was a final decision by the courts on Mitchell's eligibility, the KHSAA sanctioned Highlands and required them to forfeit the games Mitchell played in. Again this was before there was a final decision on the merits of the case.

After the sanctions were imposed, the Campbell County Circuit court issued a permanent injunction holding that Mitchell was in fact eligible. The KHSAA appealed this permanent injunction to the Court of Appeals. The Court of Appeals denied the KHSAA's appeal. Thus the final action by the court system was that Mitchell was and had been eligible.

Frankly, the KHSAA screwed up and never should have imposed the sanctions until the court system made its final decision. If they had waited, they couldn't have imposed the sanctions because the final action was that Mitchell was eligible. Such has been carefully explained to the KHSAA but they refuse to rescind the sanctions probably because they don't want to deal with the negative publicity of admitting they were wrong in how they handled the case. Plus, there are some folks at the KHSAA that believe they are above the court system. They think that they, more than anyone else, knows what is best for Ky high school athletics. And heck, they may be right. But even if they are right, no administrative agency of the state has the right to ignore the rulings of the judicial system or has the right to try and bully a school into ignoring a ruling of the judicial system. That's not the way America works. Recently, a subcommittee of members of the General Assembly, after being alerted to these types of sanctions being issued by the KHSAA, in no uncertain terms took away the KHSAA's ability to issue these sanctions.

And those, ladies and gentlemen, are the facts of the Mitchell case. Don't ask me to disclose how I know those to be the facts because I cannot. But they are the facts.

I know the Bell County fans were and are probably still upset that they didn't get to play in the state game (Mitchell played against Bell in the semi finals and scored the winning touchdown). Honestly, I don't blame them for being upset. But they should not be upset with Highlands; not at all. Highlands complied with the rules at all times. The KHSAA felt that it's rule was superior to a court order. They were wrong. Court orders trump the rules of any state administrative agency, which every state agency other than the KHSAA accepts. Highlands played Mitchell when he was ordered by the court to be eligible and didn't play him when he was ruled ineligible. Bell Co. should steer their anger towards the KHSAA, who in my opinion messed this case from the get go. They erroneously ruled Mitchell ineligible when there was not one scintilla of evidence produced by the KHSAA to support that there was not a bona fide change of evidence. If they had followed the recommendation of their own hired, trained and qualified hearing officer, this case would have been over before the season began. But the KHSAA ignored its own rules because the mentality of the KHSAA Board at the time was that there were too many transfers going on and they wanted to stop them. Unfortunately, the KHSAA picked a very, very poor case to try to send a message and created so much mayhem that eventually the General Assembly was forced to get involved.
rocket01 Wrote:This was a post talking abouting the Bell and Highlands game back in 2004, so easyM, you need to know what you're talking about, this was from a early thread so read before you talk about beating Highlands;

The Story

Actually they did play within the rules: Ky's Constitutional rules, which the KHSAA seemingly doesn't think applies to the KHSAA. Don't be totally surprised if every team that was required to forfeit a game due to the KHSAA thinking its rules were somehow superior to the Ky Constitution, gets those wins restored in the not too distant future.

Not wanting to re-rash the Mitchell case all over again, but since I don't think this site was around in 2004 when the Mitchell case transpired and thus there may be some posters not aware of the actual facts involved, I'll give a summary.

Mitchell transferred from CovCath to Highlands for his senior year. His family moved to Ft. Thomas but kept didn't sell their home in Florence; rather they leased it with an option to purchase to an older son and a non-relative. There is testimony under oath from the Mitchells that they did not return to their Florence home once they moved to Ft. Thomas. There is no contradicting evidence. None. Zilch. Nada. No testimony from a private investigator hired by the KHSAA stating that the Mitchell's continue to live in Florence and that the apartment in Ft. Thomas rented by the Mitchells was a sham to try and get around the rules.

Nonetheless, the KHSAA said it was not a bona fide change of residence and based it's decision of the sole fact that the Mitchells had not sold their former home. There was nothing in the by laws or case interpretations that stated that one had to sell the former home in order of it to be a bona fide change of residence. The KHSAA refused to consider the possibility that the Mitchells may have wanted to keep the Florence home for investment purposes or for many other legitimate reasons. (It's interesting and telling to note that after the Mitchell decision, the KHSAA added the word "permanent" to the bona fide change of residence rule to strengthen its position that the former home had to be sold. It's kind of telling to me that they felt the original rule did not support their position. It's also important to note, that in some cases since Mitchell, the KHSAA has held that the former home does NOT need to be sold. Which should bring to mind for any rational person or for any judge the question: if not selling the former home was the sole basis for ruling Mitchell ineligible, why can some kids be eligible when the parents haven't sold their former home and other kids be ineligible? They've been very inconsistent on this issue, which makes it very, very difficult for a parent to know what they have to do to make their child eligible at the new school.)

The Mitchells appealed the initial KHSAA determination to the KHSAA's hearing officer ( a lawyer and former circuit court judge from Louisville trained to gather facts and apply the law). The hearing officer recommended that Mitchell be eligible and the initial determination of the KHSAA be over turned.

The KHSAA board of control unanimously voted to not follow the Hearing officer's recommendation (quite surprisingly and quite rare, not one board member agreed with their own hearing's officers logic and recommendation).

In accordance with and as permitted by the KHSAA's own due process procedures, the Mitchells filed suit in court. Again, the KHSAA's procedures authorized the Mitchells to file suit. Highlands did not file the suit. Actually, they were named with the KHSAA as a defendant. The Mitchells requested and obtained a temporary injunction from the Campbell County Circuit Court stating he was temporarily eligible to play pending a final decision on the merits of the case. When that happened, the KHSAA sent Highlands a letter stating that regardless of the temporary injunction, if Highlands played Mitchell and Mitchell was ultimately determined to be ineligible, then Highlands would forfeit every game that Mitchell played in. Highlands explained to the KHSAA that they had no choice but to play Mitchell if the court said he was eligible, for to do otherwise would be to ignore the intent of the court order, cause Highlands to possibly be in contempt of court, and be unfair to Mitchell if Highlands sat him out and he ultimately was determined to be eligible by the courts. The KHSAA said tough luck and re-threatened the sanctions. Highlands did what it thought was the right thing under the law and played him.

The KHSAA appealed to the Court of Appeals requesting an emergency hearing. The Court of Appeals denied such request. The KHSAA then asked the Ky Supreme Court for an emergency appeal. Ultimately, the KY Supreme Court denied this request, and then the KHSAA then went back to the Court of Appeals to request a regular hearing date. The hearing was held months after the initial temporary injunction was issued. On the eve of the State game, the Court of Appeals overturned the temporary injunction, hence making Mitchell ineligible for the state game. Highlands did not contest or appeal this action by the Court of Appeals, but rather complied with it and did not play Mitchell in the state game.

All of the above action dealt with the temporary court injunction, not the actual merits of the case which was still moving its way through the court system. However, before there was a final decision by the courts on Mitchell's eligibility, the KHSAA sanctioned Highlands and required them to forfeit the games Mitchell played in. Again this was before there was a final decision on the merits of the case.

After the sanctions were imposed, the Campbell County Circuit court issued a permanent injunction holding that Mitchell was in fact eligible. The KHSAA appealed this permanent injunction to the Court of Appeals. The Court of Appeals denied the KHSAA's appeal. Thus the final action by the court system was that Mitchell was and had been eligible.

Frankly, the KHSAA screwed up and never should have imposed the sanctions until the court system made its final decision. If they had waited, they couldn't have imposed the sanctions because the final action was that Mitchell was eligible. Such has been carefully explained to the KHSAA but they refuse to rescind the sanctions probably because they don't want to deal with the negative publicity of admitting they were wrong in how they handled the case. Plus, there are some folks at the KHSAA that believe they are above the court system. They think that they, more than anyone else, knows what is best for Ky high school athletics. And heck, they may be right. But even if they are right, no administrative agency of the state has the right to ignore the rulings of the judicial system or has the right to try and bully a school into ignoring a ruling of the judicial system. That's not the way America works. Recently, a subcommittee of members of the General Assembly, after being alerted to these types of sanctions being issued by the KHSAA, in no uncertain terms took away the KHSAA's ability to issue these sanctions.

And those, ladies and gentlemen, are the facts of the Mitchell case. Don't ask me to disclose how I know those to be the facts because I cannot. But they are the facts.

I know the Bell County fans were and are probably still upset that they didn't get to play in the state game (Mitchell played against Bell in the semi finals and scored the winning touchdown). Honestly, I don't blame them for being upset. But they should not be upset with Highlands; not at all. Highlands complied with the rules at all times. The KHSAA felt that it's rule was superior to a court order. They were wrong. Court orders trump the rules of any state administrative agency, which every state agency other than the KHSAA accepts. Highlands played Mitchell when he was ordered by the court to be eligible and didn't play him when he was ruled ineligible. Bell Co. should steer their anger towards the KHSAA, who in my opinion messed this case from the get go. They erroneously ruled Mitchell ineligible when there was not one scintilla of evidence produced by the KHSAA to support that there was not a bona fide change of evidence. If they had followed the recommendation of their own hired, trained and qualified hearing officer, this case would have been over before the season began. But the KHSAA ignored its own rules because the mentality of the KHSAA Board at the time was that there were too many transfers going on and they wanted to stop them. Unfortunately, the KHSAA picked a very, very poor case to try to send a message and created so much mayhem that eventually the General Assembly was forced to get involved.

Wasn't talking about 04. I know what I'm talking about.
easyM Wrote:Wasn't talking about 04. I know what I'm talking about.
Can you provide evidence that you beat Highlands and Covington Catholic?
rocket01 Wrote:Can you provide evidence that you beat Highlands and Covington Catholic?

I can tell you where and then you can look it up.
We beat CovCath in the state semis during our first championship season.
We beat Ft. Thomas in the Thoroughbred Bowl.
rocket01 Wrote:Can you provide evidence that you beat Highlands and Covington Catholic?

Bell beat Highlands in 91! 21-20
kmba32 Wrote:Bell beat Highlands in 91! 21-20

I know we beat CovCath in 91 in the semi's.
I think Ft. Thomas was a few years later.
easyM Wrote:I know we beat CovCath in 91 in the semi's.
I think Ft. Thomas was a few years later.

It was in 91
Sure look at the results from years past if you can fiqure out how to do it. We have beat HHS and CovCath a few times, not the majority of the time but some. Please quit talking b/c you are making yourself look more and more Ignorant. :please:

Back to the topic Please!!!!!!!!:HitWall::HitWall:

Looks like it maybe nice weather tommorow night. Rain chances are being moved to later in the night. :Thumbs:
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:You're a bitter (man?) easyM. :devilflam

Thanks, The Judge

Here you go again.....no business here....and still you have passed judgement. You have been guilty before, so I shouldn't be suprised. Is Boyle off this week? or are you the judge for this half of the state?
kmba32 Wrote:It was in 91

Are you saying we beat them both in the same year?
I know for sure we beat cath in 91. I remember beating highlands a few years later with woolum as the qb in the thoroughbred bowl.
ladycats09 Wrote:Here you go again.....no business here....and still you have passed judgement. You have been guilty before, so I shouldn't be suprised. Is Boyle off this week? or are you the judge for this half of the state?

judgment

surprised
easyM Wrote:Are you saying we beat them both in the same year?
I know for sure we beat cath in 91. I remember beating highlands a few years later with woolum as the qb in the thoroughbred bowl.

I am 100% sure i was there.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next