Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County @ Bell County 10/30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Should be a good game. Both having outstanding records.

Bell Co 35
Harlan Co 7
I like the Bobcats in this one by a couple of touchdowns. Both teams are playing great football right now.

Good luck to both teams!
Bell County 10,000 - 2
Bell by four touchdowns at home. Harlan County is a good team who I have a lot of respect for but Bell is in a different league then any of the other mountain teams.
Records are:
Bell Co 8-1
Harlan Co 7-2
Bell County will win.. It really won't mean anything other than maybe some bragging rights. Nothing more than a tune up for the playoffs. I look for both teams to rest their starters for round one, once the game is out of reach. Harlan County really needs to be careful not to get anyone hurt since the next game will be way more important.
Big game here for bith Bell and Harlan...

Thoughts of what the outcome will be
Bell-35
Harlan co.-14

Sorry black bear fans have a lot of respect for yalls program but have to go with my beloved bobcats
Bell County 42

Harlan County 14

i think sports overtime said if harlan county wins this game they could win the distric on points. So i would say it has to be important to them. unless i am wrong here cause sports ot said like were 5 or 6 different ways 5a distric could be won. lol
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:Bell County 42

Harlan County 14

i think sports overtime said if harlan county wins this game they could win the distric on points. So i would say it has to be important to them. unless i am wrong here cause sports ot said like were 5 or 6 different ways 5a distric could be won. lol

If thats the case, then its definitely an important game. I have no idea how the tie-breaker works.
Do you guys know against Madison Southern. Bell Co scored 10 TD's by 9 different players on 7 different ways, This team is just freakin scary they score on everything. Passing, rushing, punt returns, KO returns, INT's returned, blocked punts for a TD, and a fumble recovery in the endzone for a TD!!!
I just dont really see this one being close either....will be much like the last two games the bobcats have played. Bell Co can name the score in this one also
Bell is not playing their best football right now. I hope they get their minds were they need to be and get ready for a long run in the playoff's. Seem very sloppy and dis-intrested. I think when the big games start they will be ready.
Good job Bell, we here at Greenup County close out our season with #1 ranked Mason County in 3A, Bell County has to play a good Harlan County team, and then we meet at your place in the playoffs, we went to camp with you all this summer, one day I hope our program, can be as good as yours, good luck against the Bears.
I pick Harlan County to upset Bell County next week and in the playoffs Knox or Boyle might upset them. I'm with you Coach Larkey once again to make this an awesome season and there will be nothing better than to upset Bell County like 2005.

Harlan County 32
Bell County 24
rocket01 Wrote:I pick Harlan County to upset Bell County next week and in the playoffs Knox or Boyle will upset them. I'm with you Coach Larkey once again to make this an awesome and there will be nothing better than to upset Bell County like 2005.

Harlan County 32
Bell County 24

You've done it now rocket01. Wait till the Bell people see this. "Grab my butt stompin' hat Vern, we're goin' to Rockcastle County! yeehaw!" :redboxer:
rocket01 Wrote:I pick Harlan County to upset Bell County next week and in the playoffs Knox or Boyle might upset them. I'm with you Coach Larkey once again to make this an awesome and there will be nothing better than to upset Bell County like 2005.

Harlan County 32
Bell County 24

I know what your saying rocket01 but would number 1 Boyle beating number 2 Bell at home be an upset?
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:I know what your saying rocket01 but would number 1 Boyle beating number 2 Bell at home be an upset?
In the playoffs but Harlan County achieving that result which is pretty odd but I'm picking them because of 2 reasons 1. I lived in Harlan County and 2. Tom Larkey was the head coach at Rockcastle for 23 years, and I played for him. But yes indeed Boyle would make a huge upset which I'm 85 percent sure that will happen. I'm not taking anything away from Bell County at all, they are indeed the team to upset in 4A will be considered a boost.
Close game in the first quater due to hype and adrenalin but when all is settled Bell on top 42 to 12. Bell is too deep, fast, and talented.
This game don't mean nothing for Bell " so come on Dudley play your 2-3rd strings save your starters for the playoffs " This game means district champs for Harlan if they win, So they will be playing a game of a life time, But man Bell is going to be tough I wish I could watch this game! Go Black Bears
Harlan County will be in better shape than Bell County.

(I've been holding that in since August.:biggrinSmile
Coach Tom and Dudley go back a few good years.
Harlan County 21 Bell County 14
Bell should win this one.
31-14
Bell 35 Harlan County maybe 7. IMO Bell's D is one of the best in the mountains.
Bell 48 HC 6
Simply put, more than likely if Harlan County beats Bell they win their district. If Harlan loses Letcher Central wins the district and Harlan may potentially finish 3rd.
Mama Bear Wrote:Harlan County will be in better shape than Bell County.

(I've been holding that in since August.:biggrinSmile
come we know better that
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Bell County will win.. It really won't mean anything other than maybe some bragging rights. Nothing more than a tune up for the playoffs. I look for both teams to rest their starters for round one, once the game is out of reach. Harlan County really needs to be careful not to get anyone hurt since the next game will be way more important.

Obliviously, you've not been following 5A region 1 district 8 football. If you had been following then you'd know this is a HUGH game for Harlan County, see district 8 is in a 3 way tie, so they'll be using the tie breaking point system. Harlan County MUST win this game in order to win their district, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's possible for Harlan County to win that district if they lose this game. I'm not real sure on that, but I do know if HCC wins this, they'll win their district. So, with that being said you will see the starters for HCC playing in this game.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Bell is not playing their best football right now. I hope they get their minds were they need to be and get ready for a long run in the playoff's. Seem very sloppy and dis-intrested. I think when the big games start they will be ready.

:thatsfunn Your joking right? I mean I'm not a Bell fan, but there 8-1. There only loss came against, the best 2A team in Tennessee, Alcoa. That Alcoa team is 9-0, and they have blown everyone out this year. Since the 2004 season till now Alcoa have only lost 6 games, there record is 78-6, that's including the 9-0 record of this year. They've won the state championship 5 years in a row, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and on their way to 6 in a row by winning this year. Bell County is on a row, they have held their last 7 opponents to 7 or less points, while scoring 327 points in their last 7 games, and you say there not playing their best football. As far as the game goes, Bell will not lay down, they'll show up to play. I think it'll be a good game for the first quarter, they'll Bell will take over.

Bell Co. - 42
Harlan Co. - 22
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13