Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County @ Bell County 10/30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
ladycats09 Wrote:The new school will be good for the program in Harlan County some day. But they will head back up 119 with their feelings bandaged and their tails between their legs. The Bobcat machine will prove to be too much for the up and coming "Cubs". Leonardo's loser in good fashion......Da' Bears.

What does Leonardo's Losers supposed to mean? :confused:
To everyone that thinks Harlan Co will give Bell Co a close game, your in dream world. Come back Friday night and we will talk about the score.
easyM Wrote:You have no clue what you're talking about. Do not even attempt to say we run up the score on anyone. Get over it.

Quote:Like I said, you have no clue.

Quote:You have no clue

Per request of easyM, I got something for you rocket01!!!!

[Image: clue.jpg]

Now that you have a CLUE, maybe he'll quit picking on you!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:To everyone that thinks Harlan Co will give Bell Co a close game, your in dream world. Come back Friday night and we will talk about the score.

Where you been? This thread is dead without you!
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:you said mccreary would play us tough too cause they were undefeated at home this year lol:lmao:

Im not the only one that chose McCreary Central to play a good game last week, you don't have to single me out. Don't get mad that im not routing for those wonderful Bell Co Bobcats:moon::redboxer:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:To everyone that thinks Harlan Co will give Bell Co a close game, your in dream world. Come back Friday night and we will talk about the score.
stop being cocky please for real......lol, thats useless because it resembles no class what so ever.
No one ever commented on my question about the bell/knox central game last year! What was the score???

Okay bell co. = confidence! Then confidence turns into arrogance, arrogance turns into cocky and whatever else it can be called. That's reality some continue to be and we just have to get used to it! They love their team and love showing it and telling it! Their team is defending 4A champs looking good this year so on and so on. All we can do is talk about the game I'll pick my team you pick your team and stop acting like we belong on a gieco commercial!

I will continue to pick my Black Bears because I am a fan and believe with all my heart they can play with bell. Again that's my opinion and everyone is entitled to one!
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:What does Leonardo's Losers supposed to mean? :confused:

It's a reference to an old radio prognostication show.

A southern country guy used to cut a weekly show of predicting the big college games each week.

It was called Leonard's Losers because at the end of his country/southern interpretation of how the game should shape up he would not pick the winner but would end with the quip:

and Leonard's Loser is . . .

Hope that helps. :Thumbs:

Though it probably dates some of us significantly. :eyeroll:
BellCoBobcat Wrote:I, like most Bell County fans. have always respected Coach Larkey and Rockcastle through the years. However, I disagree with you about schedule. In 2008, all we heard was about Bell's easy schedule. So in 2009 Coach Hilton goes and schedules one if not THE best team in Tennessee this year in all classes; Marion County, who was supposed to be strong; Johnson Central, whose fans had cried about their victory at the 'scrimmage" in 2008 preseason; the new Harlan County, with ever bothersome Coach Larkey when it comes to competing against Bell; Soddy Daisy, who is down, but most say any TN team of any metro area over matches Mountain teams; Whitley County, who has proven to be tough in 2008 playoffs; add to that the district teams (Bell has no control over this part of the schedule) and you have a difficult 4-A schedule. No coach knows how the w/l record of the teams they schedule for the future season will play out. They can only go on previous records and projections. With all this in mind, Bell's schedule this year is much stronger than in year's past. Hardly "a cupcake!":dontthink
when you play a schedule against opponents that have a winning average of 3 to 5 wins a team and almost losing to a team that goes 7-2 just like Harlan County but this you all almost lost too has a schedule of opponents that barley won over 30 games out of 70 something games. Harlan County has put up 2 impressive victories this season and Bell's closet game came to "Marion County" which was just 5 points. Now that should show some difficulties with Bell County, This upcoming friday will be the "real" test pure and simple and as much as Bell's fans brag on here and as much underdoggish Harlan County has been put through, I believe Harlan County should be the true victors of this one.
rocket01 Wrote:when you play a schedule against opponents that have a winning average of 3 to 5 wins a team and almost losing to a team that goes 7-2 just like Harlan County but this you all almost lost too has a schedule of opponents that barley won over 30 games out of 70 something games. Harlan County has put up 2 impressive victories this season and Bell's closet game came to "Marion County" which was just 5 points. Now that should show some difficulties with Bell County, This upcoming friday will be the "real" test pure and simple and as much as Bell's fans brag on here and as much underdoggish Harlan County has been put through, I believe Harlan County should be the true victors of this one.

I totally agree! :rockon: :1:
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Bell County fans bragging about their team is one thing but belittling or demeaning other teams in the process is another. The problem is I have seen numerous threads concerning other teams, none involving Bell, and the Bell fans go into "Attack Dog" mode. Almost every team in the mountains has been a victim of a negative verbal barrage by a poster from Bell County whether they play Bell County or not. Bell County fans, be proud of your team and brag on your successes but be professional and respectful. If someone predicts another team to beat you, that is not a personal attack, it is their prediction. ANYONE with any sense knows you are the best team in the mountains with the best chance of winning another state title. Be respectful to other teams. Just because some other school's football program is not as successful as yours doesn't mean that school's fans still doesn't love them just the same.

All Bell fans should read this post by OrangenowBlue in another thread!
The Black Bears have been in the underdawg column much of the season and have won 4 games more than most thought. The Bears don't mind it, as long as they get the win. Friday Night the Bears can gain a WIN, a #1 seed in the District, and respect. This is a lot to gain. I predict Larkey and Staff will bring the Bears ready for battle. Can the Bears pull off the upset??? We will just have to go see. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!
rocket01 Wrote:when you play a schedule against opponents that have a winning average of 3 to 5 wins a team and almost losing to a team that goes 7-2 just like Harlan County but this you all almost lost too has a schedule of opponents that barley won over 30 games out of 70 something games. Harlan County has put up 2 impressive victories this season and Bell's closet game came to "Marion County" which was just 5 points. Now that should show some difficulties with Bell County, This upcoming friday will be the "real" test pure and simple and as much as Bell's fans brag on here and as much underdoggish Harlan County has been put through, I believe Harlan County should be the true victors of this one.

Movie Quote, "I like your style kid". I hate and I mean hate bell, harlan independent, tennessee. But I don't know if I have such a passion as you! You just keep stirring it up!
I really like my Black Bears chances. This rivalry will provide lots of excitement for years to come.
Patriot Wrote:Movie Quote, "I like your style kid". I hate and I mean hate bell, harlan independent, tennessee. But I don't know if I have such a passion as you! You just keep stirring it up!
I honestly cant stand the fans on here from Bell County that thinks they are the dominance of Kentucky High School Football under estimating a team that has done really well this season, Harlan County is IMO considered a tough smashmouth football team that has battled game in game out to earn top spots on the polls, they've earned my respect overall, the three schools that consolidated into Harlan County has inherited rich historic memories together as programs (Cumberland,Cawood and Evarts) I think. Harlan County will be a threat in the Class 5A regional and state semi-finals within the next 5 years. For Bell fans to talk low to do that to such a team that has made a mark already with tough adversity to earn a spotlight in Class 5A and Bell County has really had their match against Alcoa, but the score indicated that they should of not even showed up and not yet been tested in the Bluegrass, earlier in the season, they under estimated Marion and look what happened, barley won which I should think that would loose some voting points and give either Boyle,Lexington Catholic,Lone Oak big lifts. This upcoming friday a true team with such adversity will so up with young men that want something that means alot to them not only a upset but respect from a winning program not a superior program like Bell fans worship them to be. But in reality speaking based on stats,titles and accomplishment,Programs like St. X,Trinity,Danville,Beechwood,Mayfield,or Highlands which are considered superiors. I promise after this ball-game is over, the birth of this hyped rival that a topic started will emerge rapidly as one of the most storied in years to come in the state of Kentucky.

Harlan County key wins so far which Bell's cannot compare because strength of schedule coming into this contest Friday night:

10/02/2009 Harlan County vs Letcher County Central (W) 12-7 LCC's record= 7-2
10/09/2009 Harlan County vs North Laurel (W) 32-26 2OT (father vs son contest)
10/16/2009 Harlan County vs Perry Central (W) 15-14 PCC's record= 6-3
Bell Wins but not easy
Hatz Wrote:It's a reference to an old radio prognostication show.

A southern country guy used to cut a weekly show of predicting the big college games each week.

It was called Leonard's Losers because at the end of his country/southern interpretation of how the game should shape up he would not pick the winner but would end with the quip:

That is right on track. I was a little afraid of using Leonard, with todays copyright messes. That was the greatest thing on radio. I loved listening to his prognostications. Leonard Postostie was an Southern Legend and will forever be in my memories.
You should never count out Harlan. They will surprise you. But I don't think Bell will overlook them. Bell should win this.
Hatz Wrote:It's a reference to an old radio prognostication show.

Thanks for the explanation Hatz! :wink:
Only 45hours and 45minutes to go until kickoff. counting it down baby counting it down. good luck teams. may god bless us and keep us all safe.
I don't think Bell will be overlooking the Bears. The Black Bears may have came out a little flat a few times this year, but I guarantee Friday Night the Bears will be ready to go and the emotions and intensity level will be high from the getgo. Every Friday Night is the biggest game of the season for the Bears, but this Friday Night is special. Its Bell, its another possible win, its a #1 seed in the district, and its home playoffs (points). The Bears will take on the challenge and make every effort to spoil the season for the 2008 Class 4A State Champs. GO BLACK BEARS!!!LAY THE CHUNK TO "EM!!!
rocket01 Wrote:I honestly cant stand the fans on here from Bell County that thinks they are the dominance of Kentucky High School Football under estimating a team that has done really well this season, Harlan County is IMO considered a tough smashmouth football team that has battled game in game out to earn top spots on the polls, they've earned my respect overall, the three schools that consolidated into Harlan County has inherited rich historic memories together as programs (Cumberland,Cawood and Evarts) I think. Harlan County will be a threat in the Class 5A regional and state semi-finals within the next 5 years. For Bell fans to talk low to do that to such a team that has made a mark already with tough adversity to earn a spotlight in Class 5A and Bell County has really had their match against Alcoa, but the score indicated that they should of not even showed up and not yet been tested in the Bluegrass, earlier in the season, they under estimated Marion and look what happened, barley won which I should think that would loose some voting points and give either Boyle,Lexington Catholic,Lone Oak big lifts. This upcoming friday a true team with such adversity will so up with young men that want something that means alot to them not only a upset but respect from a winning program not a superior program like Bell fans worship them to be. But in reality speaking based on stats,titles and accomplishment,Programs like St. X,Trinity,Danville,Beechwood,Mayfield,or Highlands which are considered superiors. I promise after this ball-game is over, the birth of this hyped rival that a topic started will emerge rapidly as one of the most storied in years to come in the state of Kentucky.

Harlan County key wins so far which Bell's cannot compare because strength of schedule coming into this contest Friday night:

10/02/2009 Harlan County vs Letcher County Central (W) 12-7 LCC's record= 7-2
10/09/2009 Harlan County vs North Laurel (W) 32-26 2OT (father vs son contest)
10/16/2009 Harlan County vs Perry Central (W) 15-14 PCC's record= 6-3

I have tried to stay out of this mess but enough is enough. Saying Bell has not played anyone and Harlan County has pulled off 2 shock the world upsets is getting out of hand.

First off who has Letcher beat? Whitley and Hazard are the only 2 decent teams I see??????? We all know what Bell did to Whitley and LCC managed to win by 1 td????

NL now that is a real quality win right there? They have beat Pulaski, Knox, South Laurel and Clay. That is a heck of a team right there. And before you say Pulaski is district champs realize what district they are in. Also remember they barely beat Rock and Rock is struggling to put it mildly.

Now the great Quality win in PCC, yea right Whitley had 5,000 rushing yards or whatever on them last week they are real tough.

Rocket instead of being so worried about Bell and Harlan CO. you better worry about how Rock is going to make itself into a decently competitive team again. Durham and Miller are gone so no more coat tail riding for some of you!

I]*******Disclaimer before some of you fans from the teams mentioned above start your complaints I am sorry for using the real names of the teams but a point had to be made and if you don't like it get your team better or cheer for another one.[/I]
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:I have tried to stay out of this mess but enough is enough. Saying Bell has not played anyone and Harlan County has pulled off 2 shock the world upsets is getting out of hand.

First off who has Letcher beat? Whitley and Hazard are the only 2 decent teams I see??????? We all know what Bell did to Whitley and LCC managed to win by 1 td????

NL now that is a real quality win right there? They have beat Pulaski, Knox, South Laurel and Clay. That is a heck of a team right there. And before you say Pulaski is district champs realize what district they are in. Also remember they barely beat Rock and Rock is struggling to put it mildly.

Now the great Quality win in PCC, yea right Whitley had 5,000 rushing yards or whatever on them last week they are real tough.

Rocket instead of being so worried about Bell and Harlan CO. you better worry about how Rock is going to make itself into a decently competitive team again. Durham and Miller are gone so no more coat tail riding for some of you!

I]*******Disclaimer before some of you fans from the teams mentioned above start your complaints I am sorry for using the real names of the teams but a point had to be made and if you don't like it get your team better or cheer for another one.[/I]

I agree Bobcatdad. Bell has played Alcoa, Whitley, Johnson central (not as good as they thought but still a allright team) and they play a good Harlan team tommorow. Bell plays some good teams. they just make them seem not as good while they are beaten them.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:I have tried to stay out of this mess but enough is enough. Saying Bell has not played anyone and Harlan County has pulled off 2 shock the world upsets is getting out of hand.

My point exactly, SOME of you Bell County fans are 1st class buttholes, you put other teams down, notice I say some, there are a few of you whom are very nice and have apologized via pm to me, however, there are a few that just keep the fight going. You manage to put down 6 or 7 teams in that post, I think you broke the record there. I'm done, I don't care about BELL County, there in a different class and far away from me, so whatever. So don't bother replying to this post, I'm done talking to you about this, basically I'll leave saying this, Good luck Bell County PLAYERS during the playoff's, I hope you make the mountains proud,
Counting down the days until Bobcats fans crawl into their hole and not come back out until next football season. When the season ends, that is when all true sports fans will be discussing other sports and Bell County is mediocre at everything else.
This matchup is meant to be and building for years. The Black Bears of Harlan County vs Bell County Bobcats. Both love the game of football and both have legendary coaches. Both have great fan base who love it. Bell established as state championship contender and Harlan County as a new program establishing themselves to be and the Bears may be contenders before predictions say. It's Epic. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!:popcorn:
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Counting down the days until Bobcats fans crawl into their hole and not come back out until next football season. When the season ends, that is when all true sports fans will be discussing other sports and Bell County is mediocre at everything else.
:thatsfunn

what does that have to do with the priced eggs in china?, Have I ever said anything about my past other than beating you all twice that year? No I haven't basically all I've done is taken up for Harlan County because you all said you all were going to nail them when they arrive at Log Mountain thats all I said because they have had a tougher road to follow than you all for real. Stay on topic Bobcat dad honestly, Rockcastle has nothing to do with this thread other than you throwing up the reason that I picked Harlan was because Bell beat Rockcastle, thats not true...Rockcastle is young overall and I knew that result was going either way with the exception that they had to travel to Pineville but overall Rockcastle is young, Bell is young too with some returners from the state team last year. But you have to pay attention who you play to have "juggernaut" scores. "CUPCAKE SCHEDULE" and nothing will not change my mind at all on that issue. Now saying that all aside, lets get back on topic
Chunk Wrote:My point exactly, SOME of you Bell County fans are 1st class buttholes, you put other teams down, notice I say some, there are a few of you whom are very nice and have apologized via pm to me, however, there are a few that just keep the fight going. You manage to put down 6 or 7 teams in that post, I think you broke the record there. I'm done, I don't care about BELL County, there in a different class and far away from me, so whatever. So don't bother replying to this post, I'm done talking to you about this, basically I'll leave saying this, Good luck Bell County PLAYERS during the playoff's, I hope you make the mountains proud,

First you have never seen Bell play in person. They never blitz. Dad is correct in his post. All the teams in that district are very close to each other...that dosen't make them great teams.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Counting down the days until Bobcats fans crawl into their hole and not come back out until next football season. When the season ends, that is when all true sports fans will be discussing other sports and Bell County is mediocre at everything else.

You have never played Bell in anything. You don't know how good they are. It is the only thing you can think of. Ever watched a Few Good Men. When Tom Cruise says, "You are lousy softball player, Jack". That's you. Go talk to all your coaches and let us come over and you will see for yourself just what other sports programs at Bell are like. You dodge us in FB maybe the other sports programs have the courage.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13