Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beechwood v Highlands back to Beechwood?
Stardust Wrote:Lot of talk above about Beechwood setting not appropriate to the Football program, so is the setting for their opponent Bluebirds. Talk about a program that has an incredible atmosphere for a Friday night, but if you were an outsider and never been to Ft. Thomas, you would be shocked to see the football field for one of the most successful football programs in High School.

Don't get me wrong, it's incredible. But for a team that has the pedigree that the Birds have, you would literally expect a stadium. The have the best surface around, but the field literally runs along the back wall of the school. Seating is nothing special, and one would think that the Birds could have bleachers for three times the capacity of the bleachers. You actually walk on the sidelines of the field to get into the bleachers it's that close.

But show up for a Friday night game and the place is packed with diehard Bluebirds. Again, some people may be amazed at the first impression thinking that this is not what you would think HHS would have as their Football stadium, but go to a few games there and you will be sold that it is one of those true jewels to witness HS football.

How about the tacky ads on the back of the school, it really makes the school look bad ( not worth the money they get for the ads). I do like all the fans sitting on the same sidelines. I usually sit on the 45-50 YD line and really enjoy talking to the fans from the away teams. I also love the way you sit right on top of the field (you do not have 8 track lanes seperating the stands and the field), you can even hear what the opposing coaches are saying on the sidelines sometimes.
Messages In This Thread
Beechwood v Highlands back to Beechwood? - by sstack - 08-18-2009, 01:13 AM