Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardest throwing pitchers in the 15th?
Commanche Wrote:After watching the game at Paintsville and the one at Pikeville, I know he appeared to be two different pitchers. At Pikeville, a fan from Pikeville said Shep stayed consistently in the 85-87 range and hit 89 as well, his curve was 77 according to him. I dont know if anyone gunned him at Paintsville but he was obviously not that high on the gun. I saw a gun on his last pitch in the region last year and it said 89. The kid is as Kimball said a mid to upper 80's and can touch 90 I am sure. Also Midland would have no interest in low to mid 80's pitching. They are one of the premier travel teams in the country.

Huffman was consistently 81-84 on the night he pitched against LC. They said he only had two walks and 14 K's. He looked to have good control from what I saw. This may not be his norm, but on that night he did have it going.

Mr.Kimball Wrote:I assume you are referring to the game against Paintsville a couple of weeks ago. It's understandable why you would have your opinion. However, just one week later he was consistantly in the 85-87 range at Pikeville. When the weather heats up and the season goes on I think you will see that being more his norm with him touching 90. There has been a lot of gross exaggerations on him being consistantly in the 90's and him throwing 94 and the such from overly zealous fans, but in reality, he is a legitimate mid to upper 80's consistant thrower who will hit 90. For a high school, especially for a sophomore that is outstanding. Not taking away anything from anybody else and not in any way diminishing anyone else's ability, but it is just my opinion that nobody else in the region can even come close to hitting those numbers even on their very best night.
This.
Messages In This Thread
Hardest throwing pitchers in the 15th? - by Spud6 - 04-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Hardest throwing pitchers in the 15th? - by Panther Thunder - 04-29-2009, 12:10 AM
Hardest throwing pitchers in the 15th? - by Lefty - 04-29-2009, 01:22 AM
Hardest throwing pitchers in the 15th? - by Lefty - 05-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Hardest throwing pitchers in the 15th? - by Lefty - 05-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Hardest throwing pitchers in the 15th? - by Lefty - 05-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Hardest throwing pitchers in the 15th? - by Lefty - 05-04-2009, 05:17 PM