Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Phelps
62.50%
Johnson Central
37.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps vs. Johnson Central : 15th Regional Tournament Championship Game
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Phelps would remind you alot of Pike Central when Haley was there. They like to force the tempo, put pressure on the ball full court and force turnovers to turn them into transistion points. They have great guard play and will take what the defense gives them. The key to them winning this one IMO is hitting the boards, they must rely on permiter shooting from K. Ratliff and look for Pruitt to penetrate the lane to get to the free throw line. Pruitt has a real nack (if you will) for handeling the ball, penetrating and pulling up for the jumper. Phelps will have to swing the ball to catch JC out of position to get ANY easy looks. One key that Phelps needs to rely on in on the is ball pressure and their quickness. The only weakness IMO that you can exploit on the JC team is their ball handeling and at times careless passes. Look for Phelps to press using a 2-2-1 not sure if Vanhoose will go full court of a 3-4 court but they must press to win this one.

Word to Riley- Girl you are going to have to work your tale of in this one as you have all season. However, this will be one game where you are going to have to go 300% for your team. The most important thing you can do in this game is dont worry about scoring just worry about hitting the defensive boards. double digit rebounds from you this game will be vitale from you more than double digit points. You can do it, this is long over due for your program and you have something to do that hasnt happened in the small town of Phelps in a very LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

To the Phelps team, fans and coaching staff. From seasons beginning this Pike Central fan has been pulling for you all except for when you have played us. My prayers and thoughts go out to your program as you enter one of the most excelerating expreiences. I as a fan have been sitting where you all are at 6 times now and I know the feeling it is almost sureal. Cheerish this moment for it could be a very long time before you experience this again. I hope the best for your alls program, good luck, god bless and Go Hornets. :Cheerlead

I would say you are spot on with your post except for the part us being like PC,LOL,just kidding with you.I do hope our team,coaches relish this moment that they have achieved and can enjoy every minute of it .Best of luck to you all and Phelps community come out and support them !!!!! :1:
Messages In This Thread
Phelps vs. Johnson Central : 15th Regional Tournament Championship Game - by HORNET POWER - 03-07-2009, 07:29 PM