Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phelps vs. Johnson Central : 15th Regional Tournament Championship Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought & Predictions?
Who's going to take the title?

Game is tomorrow (Saturday) @ 7:30PM @ the Expo Center.
I've been cheering for the Lady Hornets all tournament so I really hope that bring the trophy home. Phelps by 5. Go Hornets!
Johnson Central by 3
i believe the hornets can take the title if they play hard tomorrow!
good luck hornets Big Grin
BLOCK OUT and then BLOCK OUT again!
Those girls (Phelps) really want this.
They've been playing with determination during district and region and I look for them to and hope that they take this one home.
Good luck JR and the Lady Hornets.
I think the lady hornets will win it if they play hard and as a team
The Lady Eagles played a nice defensive game tonight and I think they will carry that play into the championship game.

I'll take JC by 8. Best of luck to both teams!
JC by 5
rooting for Phelps in this one...However, I believe Johnson Central will take care of the boards and get to many second chances oppurtunities, hate to say this as well but I think Wireman out coaches Vanhoose and the Lady Eagles win back to back chamionships as they did not to many years ago.

Lady Eagles by 12

hope I am wrong good luck Lady Hornets....
Hope your wrong to SlammaBamma, but if Phelps can't at least stay close to keeping Central off the offensive boards it could be a long night I agree, but I,m going to trust that Phelps blocks out like never before and pulls this one out:please:
What's Phelps good at? I haven't watched them yet.

JC - 40
Phelps - 28
Deathstar 80 Wrote:What's Phelps good at? I haven't watched them yet.

JC - 40
Phelps - 28

Phelps is REALLY good at basketball this year.
& I'm going to go with my Lady Hornets in this one by single digits (1-5).
COME ON LADY HORNETS YOU CAN DO IT!!
donathanhurley Wrote:Phelps is REALLY good at basketball this year.
& I'm going to go with my Lady Hornets in this one by single digits (1-5).
COME ON LADY HORNETS YOU CAN DO IT!!

"My team's REALLY good!!" said the fan. Should I be surprised? :biggrin:
Deathstar 80 Wrote:"My team's REALLY good!!" said the fan. Should I be surprised? :biggrin:

Well I'm not the type of fan that comes on here and exaggerates. The Hornets are playing GREAT ball right now. Go look at their games on khsaa.com if you don't think so.
Big Grin
I have three reasons why I think the Lady Eagles will win this game.

1. Coach Wireman has been to the 15th region title game several times and won! Coach Vanhoose is a great Coach who has experienced the joy of winning four region titles as a player. Playing in the title game is one thing but Coaching in the title game is totally different. I give the advantage to the ole ball Coach

2. JCHS is a tough match up when it comes to interior play. Their size is one thing but their interiorer passing game is what set's them a part. Wireman and Salyers are tough and that causes many teams to forget about Brogan Conley, is one of the best finishers around the goal in the region

3. The biggest advantage in this game will be experience. The five seniors at JCHS have been here before and they know what it takes to win. Their experiece also provided them a oppertunity to see what happens when a favorite isn't ready to play (Pike Central 2008.) Advantage JCHS

This will be an interesting match up to say the least. The Lady Eagles have a repeat in sight. All they have to do is reach out and take it. Good luck to both teams!
Deathstar 80 Wrote:What's Phelps good at? I haven't watched them yet.

JC - 40
Phelps - 28

Phelps would remind you alot of Pike Central when Haley was there. They like to force the tempo, put pressure on the ball full court and force turnovers to turn them into transistion points. They have great guard play and will take what the defense gives them. The key to them winning this one IMO is hitting the boards, they must rely on permiter shooting from K. Ratliff and look for Pruitt to penetrate the lane to get to the free throw line. Pruitt has a real nack (if you will) for handeling the ball, penetrating and pulling up for the jumper. Phelps will have to swing the ball to catch JC out of position to get ANY easy looks. One key that Phelps needs to rely on in on the is ball pressure and their quickness. The only weakness IMO that you can exploit on the JC team is their ball handeling and at times careless passes. Look for Phelps to press using a 2-2-1 not sure if Vanhoose will go full court of a 3-4 court but they must press to win this one.

Word to Riley- Girl you are going to have to work your tale of in this one as you have all season. However, this will be one game where you are going to have to go 300% for your team. The most important thing you can do in this game is dont worry about scoring just worry about hitting the defensive boards. double digit rebounds from you this game will be vitale from you more than double digit points. You can do it, this is long over due for your program and you have something to do that hasnt happened in the small town of Phelps in a very LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

To the Phelps team, fans and coaching staff. From seasons beginning this Pike Central fan has been pulling for you all except for when you have played us. My prayers and thoughts go out to your program as you enter one of the most excelerating expreiences. I as a fan have been sitting where you all are at 6 times now and I know the feeling it is almost sureal. Cheerish this moment for it could be a very long time before you experience this again. I hope the best for your alls program, good luck, god bless and Go Hornets. :Cheerlead
tell you what I didnt not realize this was the first time these two have meet this season. Which makes this match-up even more intriguing.
Phelps i think is going to pull this one off. Riley will handle Wireman IMO Wiremn is to slow to keep up with Riley on a drive. That is my key to the game if Riley can out play Wireman than Phelps will win this one.:biggrin:

Phelps-49
JC-45
Deathstar 80 Wrote:"My team's REALLY good!!" said the fan. Should I be surprised? :biggrin:

Nope, you shouldn't be suprised. If you would take a couple of extra minutes, you should visit KHSAA.org and look at their record for yourself. Those girls have really turned it on during this tournament and during the district (which they won BTW) and I personally took your remark as rather rude.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Phelps would remind you alot of Pike Central when Haley was there. They like to force the tempo, put pressure on the ball full court and force turnovers to turn them into transistion points. They have great guard play and will take what the defense gives them. The key to them winning this one IMO is hitting the boards, they must rely on permiter shooting from K. Ratliff and look for Pruitt to penetrate the lane to get to the free throw line. Pruitt has a real nack (if you will) for handeling the ball, penetrating and pulling up for the jumper. Phelps will have to swing the ball to catch JC out of position to get ANY easy looks. One key that Phelps needs to rely on in on the is ball pressure and their quickness. The only weakness IMO that you can exploit on the JC team is their ball handeling and at times careless passes. Look for Phelps to press using a 2-2-1 not sure if Vanhoose will go full court of a 3-4 court but they must press to win this one.

Word to Riley- Girl you are going to have to work your tale of in this one as you have all season. However, this will be one game where you are going to have to go 300% for your team. The most important thing you can do in this game is dont worry about scoring just worry about hitting the defensive boards. double digit rebounds from you this game will be vitale from you more than double digit points. You can do it, this is long over due for your program and you have something to do that hasnt happened in the small town of Phelps in a very LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

To the Phelps team, fans and coaching staff. From seasons beginning this Pike Central fan has been pulling for you all except for when you have played us. My prayers and thoughts go out to your program as you enter one of the most excelerating expreiences. I as a fan have been sitting where you all are at 6 times now and I know the feeling it is almost sureal. Cheerish this moment for it could be a very long time before you experience this again. I hope the best for your alls program, good luck, god bless and Go Hornets. :Cheerlead

SlammaBama... that was one great post! I'm glad to see that some of the county is still hoping the girls can win this one! Kudo's to you on one outstanding post!!!! :Thumbs:
PHS#1 Wrote:Phelps i think is going to pull this one off. Riley will handle Wireman IMO Wiremn is to slow to keep up with Riley on a drive. That is my key to the game if Riley can out play Wireman than Phelps will win this one.:biggrin:

Phelps-49
JC-45

I'm going with Johnson Central in the win - not making a prediction by number of points because one is all it takes.

Pour it on girls - We know you can and will. Emily Wireman you show them you are not too slow - don't let ANYBODY outplay you. You've played against many good players and you've never backed down.

You've made sacrifices this year with your injury and it's time to prove that you're back. You hit the boards strong!

Lady Eagles - the whole team. Do what you've been taught to do, listen, talk to each other AND GET IT DONE - AGAIN!!!!
top close to call
phs1986 Wrote:Nope, you shouldn't be suprised. If you would take a couple of extra minutes, you should visit KHSAA.org and look at their record for yourself. Those girls have really turned it on during this tournament and during the district (which they won BTW) and I personally took your remark as rather rude.

You don't think Johnson Central have played has played hard during the District and Regional tournaments? You don't think their record reflects anything? 25-5 say anything to you? Also (Which they won BTW)...Johnson Central also won their District.

Quote: Originally Posted by Deathstar 80 View Post
"My team's REALLY good!!" said the fan. Should I be surprised?

He meant nothing by that, he was just saying that because Donathan was being one sided. Why should that post offend you?
ryandamaste5 Wrote:You don't think Johnson Central have played has played hard during the District and Regional tournaments? You don't think their record reflects anything? 25-5 say anything to you? Also (Which they won BTW)...Johnson Central also won their District.

He meant nothing by that, he was just saying that because Donathan was being one sided. Why should that post offend you?

ONE, she knows that JC has a great record as well, she was just referring to Phelps since he wanted to know how good Phelps was. And no, I wasn't being one sided at all in that post, it was just kinda rude when he said that welll coming from the fan blah blah blah. I just wanted to get the record straight to him that yes we are a good ball team and yes we can win this game if they put in their all!
Phelps by 3.
Good luck to both teams!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Phelps would remind you alot of Pike Central when Haley was there. They like to force the tempo, put pressure on the ball full court and force turnovers to turn them into transistion points. They have great guard play and will take what the defense gives them. The key to them winning this one IMO is hitting the boards, they must rely on permiter shooting from K. Ratliff and look for Pruitt to penetrate the lane to get to the free throw line. Pruitt has a real nack (if you will) for handeling the ball, penetrating and pulling up for the jumper. Phelps will have to swing the ball to catch JC out of position to get ANY easy looks. One key that Phelps needs to rely on in on the is ball pressure and their quickness. The only weakness IMO that you can exploit on the JC team is their ball handeling and at times careless passes. Look for Phelps to press using a 2-2-1 not sure if Vanhoose will go full court of a 3-4 court but they must press to win this one.

I would say you are spot on with your post except for the part us being like PC,LOL,just kidding with you.I do hope our team,coaches relish this moment that they have achieved and can enjoy every minute of it .Best of luck to you all and Phelps community come out and support them !!!!! :1:
phs1986 Wrote:Nope, you shouldn't be suprised. If you would take a couple of extra minutes, you should visit KHSAA.org and look at their record for yourself. Those girls have really turned it on during this tournament and during the district (which they won BTW) and I personally took your remark as rather rude.

I knew at first that someone could receive my comments as being insulting. That's why I put the smiley face there, so that others would interpret my comments as being funny rather than rude. I apologies, but I had no intention of being rude, I just wanted to be funny.
ryandamaste5 Wrote:You don't think Johnson Central have played has played hard during the District and Regional tournaments? You don't think their record reflects anything? 25-5 say anything to you? Also (Which they won BTW)...Johnson Central also won their District.

It was sarcastic... PERIOD! And... if you want to get technical about it, what does it matter to you? I don't think you were mentioned anywhere in any post! As far as Donathan being one sided... would you pick against a team you cheer for AND a school you have attended all of your high school years? Basically, Donathan's posts are straightforward and honest. He actually makes some of the better posts on some of these threads!
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I knew at first that someone could receive my comments as being insulting. That's why I put the smiley face there, so that others would interpret my comments as being funny rather than rude. I apologies, but I had no intention of being rude, I just wanted to be funny.

Thank you very much for the apology! I may have been a little "touchy" to your post and may have taken it wrong! I appreciate you being so kind in your reply. This does not go unnoticed!!:Thumbs: