Poll: Who would win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
07-08 Paintsville
43.55%
08-09 Shelby Valley
56.45%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
07-08 Paintsville vs 08-09 Shelby Valley: Who would win?
transplanttiger Wrote:I've been reading this thread with amusement. Here's why..

Lots of people think this is the best SV team ever. I don't know---but I know SV is loaded this yr and I honestly hope they do well but if the purpose of this thread is to compare the best SV team ever (this yr?) with the best Paintsville team ever then you can't compare this yrs. SV with last years Paintsville. Last year's Paintsville team was GOOD---but not even close to their best team ever.

Nothing against SV--they are hands down the best team in our region this yr and one of the best in the state. But Paintsville 96 team would have kicked the crap out of them---the 97 and 98 teams could have probably handled them too. The -85-86-87 teams likely would have won as well.

SV is a good basketball program--fine coach, great players, and adoring fans. But recent history has proven that Paintsville consistently produces D1 talent, a KY Hall of Fame coach (BMR), a state championship, the most regional championships ever---all this from a REAL ONE A SCHOOL.

The proof is in the puddin' and till SV wins a state championship this is a USELESS debate.

First off, you must not have even read the thread title. It clearly states that the comparison is between this year's SV team and last year's Paintsville team. It doesn't say anything about comparing SV's best team ever to Paintsville's best team ever.

You're trying to make a different comparison, that being which school has the greater basketball history. The obvious answer to that is Paintsville. But that wasn't the thread topic.

No one is saying that SV has a greater basketball history than Paintsville. For one thing, SV has only been around for 20 years, and only in the second decade were they able to finally break through and win some regional titles (if they win this year, that will give them 5 in the school's 20 years - not bad). But they still have a lot to go to catch up to Paintsville.

But the thread topic was which of these two teams would win. In a close game, I believe I will go with the 2009 State Champion of the "REAL ONE A SCHOOLS", Shelby Valley.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
07-08 Paintsville vs 08-09 Shelby Valley: Who would win? - by More Cowbell - 03-05-2009, 02:26 AM