Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach pleads guilty to punching ref
Colonel Kill Wrote:[quote=Magicjefferson25]

There was definately no call for any fans to come on to the field for any reason. The coaches are to take care of their respective teams. I am sure that made things a lot worse. But again you fought back instead of being the bigger person and let the officials do their jobs and eject the kid for throwing a punch. I know it takes a lot but it takes two to fight and there is no excuse for that. The coach did settle, the 10 g's probably went to the kid and not fee's. You can check through open records in Floyd County Courthouse and get the records. He settled after depositions(sp?).

But what this thread was about was a vol coach guily of punching a ref and I referred to this coach as it was much of the same type of actions. An adults, especially coaches, have a responsibilty to be role models for young impressionable kids. And there is no excuse in a GAME for an adult to act so stupid as these two men did.

The refs couldn't see anything in the bottom of the pile. They were playing dirty all game and i reached my breaking point when i was punched. Only reason i talked about this was because you made it sound as if he hit the kid, which he didn't.
Messages In This Thread
Coach pleads guilty to punching ref - by Stardust - 01-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Coach pleads guilty to punching ref - by Snare43 - 01-31-2009, 12:32 AM
Coach pleads guilty to punching ref - by C.Clair - 01-31-2009, 03:03 PM
Coach pleads guilty to punching ref - by C.Clair - 01-31-2009, 03:09 PM
Coach pleads guilty to punching ref - by Magicjefferson25 - 01-31-2009, 09:06 PM
Coach pleads guilty to punching ref - by Amped 88 - 02-01-2009, 01:29 AM