Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brock Lesnar Wins UFC Heavyweight Championship
DALE Wrote:Let's not forget that the Mir/Lesnar fight was Brock's first in the UFC. Lesnar came out of the gun quickly and pounded Mir. Lesnar had him in half guard only to the referee letting them stand because Mir got on his stomach and Lesnar hit him in the back of the head twice. Had Mir not done that Lesnar woud've won the fight by referee stoppage. Lesnar tried to get back on his feet and was tripped up, which allowed Mir to grab the ankle and submit him. Lesnar has only gotten better and so has Mir. It should be a good fight this time around, and maybe Mir will actually land a punch because he didn't the first fight.

I agree with you on that, but Lesnar needs to work on his ground n pound, he layed n prayed the whole heath herring fight. He did show improved boxing against randy, but that was about all. If he tries to lay n pray against Mir he will get subbed again.

Mir on the other hand looked extremely good against nog. That is the best shape i have seen mir in years. It looked like he put on some muscle mass for this fight also, which he should continue to do for his rematch with brock, to take away some of the weight advantage brock has. The biggest problem i see for mir is his ego, in the post fight interview he said to brock" lets see if he can make it out the 1st round this time around"-close to it. I think he might be too cocky coming into this rematch.
Messages In This Thread
Brock Lesnar Wins UFC Heavyweight Championship - by Magicjefferson25 - 12-29-2008, 06:56 PM