Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Brock Lesnar Wins UFC Heavyweight Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
by a 2nd round TKO
well good for him.
Randy will be back, but hats off to Lesner he was the better man this fight. I think that Randy will be back and fight the loser of the Mir and Nogeria fight then go on to fight whoever has the title for his last fight on his contract. He could thought move down to 205 and test the waters there. We will see what the future hold for Mr. America
Not agood scenario for anyone who faces a 275 pound beast who knows how to fight instead of just a big body. Couture was outweighed by 55 pounds...Lesner is for real and it showed last night!
I knew Lesnar would be for real.People tried to tell me Kimbo could beat Lesnar...No way!
So who can challenge this guy? He attacks like a Raging Bull and has a tremendous ground game by any standard.
anyone found any video on this KO? I cant find anything expect previews before the fight.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:anyone found any video on this KO? I cant find anything expect previews before the fight.

You can watch the video on http://www.dailymotion.com.

It's like YouTube, just search for lesnar and couture and the video will show up.

I watched the video there and Lesnar caught Couture on the side of the head and that sent Couture to the ground. After that Lesnar just pounded Couture until the ref. called the fight. Once Lesnar stunned him, he just wailed on him.
DevilsWin Wrote:So who can challenge this guy? He attacks like a Raging Bull and has a tremendous ground game by any standard.

Fedor would KO him in the 1st, and I also think Nogueira would beat Lesnar.
blackcat Wrote:Fedor would KO him in the 1st, and I also think Nogueira would beat Lesnar.

Fedor is over rated and wont fight any one that good. Andre Arlowski (spelling?) will beat him if they fight for affliction. Arlowski is a machine. They need to bring Andre back to UFC. Nogueria would get ran over by Lesnar. The only reason BRock even lost to Mir was her had no experience.
dore20 Wrote:Fedor is over rated and wont fight any one that good. Andre Arlowski (spelling?) will beat him if they fight for affliction. Arlowski is a machine. They need to bring Andre back to UFC. Nogueria would get ran over by Lesnar. The only reason BRock even lost to Mir was her had no experience.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, Fedor is the most dominate fighter in history and is still on a different level than anyone else. Also, Fedor destroyed Sylvia in under 40 seconds who beat Arlovski twice. Lesnar lost to Mir because he has no Ju-jitsu, and Nogueira is a black belt just like Mir.
Lesnar is a beast!!! he would crush Kimbo!!!!
It will be awhile before the belt changes hands.
blackcat Wrote:You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, Fedor is the most dominate fighter in history and is still on a different level than anyone else. Also, Fedor destroyed Sylvia in under 40 seconds who beat Arlovski twice. Lesnar lost to Mir because he has no Ju-jitsu, and Nogueira is a black belt just like Mir.

Thats where you are wrong. Sylvia is not half the fighter he was when he was in ufc. Lesnar lost because lack of experience he hafd Mir tore apart and where Mir had been in that situation he knew what to do, Lesnar didnt, Brock wont leave himself vunerable again. And the most dominant fighter.....Ummmmmm one name comes to mind Anderson "The Spider" Silva
dore20 Wrote:Thats where you are wrong. Sylvia is not half the fighter he was when he was in ufc. Lesnar lost because lack of experience he hafd Mir tore apart and where Mir had been in that situation he knew what to do, Lesnar didnt, Brock wont leave himself vunerable again. And the most dominant fighter.....Ummmmmm one name comes to mind Anderson "The Spider" Silva

I'm not wrong. Explain to me why he isn't the fighter he was? It wouldn't have mattered if he was on the very peak of his game, Fedor would have killed him. Clearly if you know anything of the sport you would know that Fedor is the best fighter in the world, no argument. I agree, he had Mir rocked , but the fight wound up on the ground and that's where Lesnar is terrible and Mir had no problem subbing him.

Silva is definitely on top of his game right now, and has no competition in the 185 or 205 class. But, he has been beaten four times, Fedor only once, which was arguable because he was winning and suffered a cut that stopped the fight.
blackcat Wrote:I'm not wrong. Explain to me why he isn't the fighter he was? It wouldn't have mattered if he was on the very peak of his game, Fedor would have killed him. Clearly if you know anything of the sport you would know that Fedor is the best fighter in the world, no argument. I agree, he had Mir rocked , but the fight wound up on the ground and that's where Lesnar is terrible and Mir had no problem subbing him.

Silva is definitely on top of his game right now, and has no competition in the 185 or 205 class. But, he has been beaten four times, Fedor only once, which was arguable because he was winning and suffered a cut that stopped the fight.

I know plenty on the sport and one of Silvas losses was to a bull dq from a upkick. Lesnar isnt terrible on the ground he was a ncaa champ man how can you say he is terrible.
dore20 Wrote:I know plenty on the sport and one of Silvas losses was to a bull dq from a upkick. Lesnar isnt terrible on the ground he was a ncaa champ man how can you say he is terrible.

I'm not arguing that Lesnar isn't good, but his Jiu-Jitsu is not on the level that Fedor's or Nogueira's is. They're both just better fighters, and would beat Lesnar.
Fedor is the best heavy out there. The spider is a bad dude in the 185 class.

Lesnar was a colligate wrestler Kimbo is a you tube star and that is pretty much it. Lesnar would destroy Kimbo.

Everybody must remember Lesnar is a greenhorn sort a speak.
Lesnar is still learning and only going to get better. I see him keeping the title for a while.

The fight was good. First round was pretty much even. I think Couture should take Brock under his wing and help train him. Man he would be a beast.
blackcat Wrote:I'm not arguing that Lesnar isn't good, but his Jiu-Jitsu is not on the level that Fedor's or Nogueira's is. They're both just better fighters, and would beat Lesnar.
True his ju jitsu isnt on that level but stand up wise he is better then both of them. If the fight was on the feet he would ko them both. I cant believe Fedor is the best till he gets the balls to get in the octagon and Nogueira just dose not impress me at all after watch Herring almost take him out.
My take on a few arguments on here....Fedor would beat Lesnar. Fedor would beat any heavyweight in the UFC because he has NO WEAKNESSES. He isnt human. He's a freakin machine. Now as for Kimblo Slice, the worst heavyweight in the UFC would beat him in 30 seconds or less. Kimblo is a joke, and doesnt deserve to fight in ANY form of big time MMA. Bring him to the UFC and feed him to the wolves. Lesnar is a good fighter, but he's just so **** big and strong. He is beatable, and the win over Couture really didnt surprise me because IMO, thats what inactivity will do to a fighter. The heavyweight division is starving for stars, and Lesnar brings some credibility to it. Thats why Dana wanted him so badly. Tim Sylvia? Come on, that guy couldnt finish a plate of eggs anymore. Not to mention he has a glass chin. Lesnar and Noguiera will be a decent fight though...Bring on UFC 92!!!
dore20 Wrote:True his ju jitsu isnt on that level but stand up wise he is better then both of them. If the fight was on the feet he would ko them both. I cant believe Fedor is the best till he gets the balls to get in the octagon and Nogueira just dose not impress me at all after watch Herring almost take him out.

Understand, he is not the fighter that Fedor or Nogueira are in any aspect. The only cause of him beating one of them is that he is just bigger and more athletic. Fedor hasn't even been knocked down before, I'm sure Lesnar can KO him, but it's very unlikely. You just don't seem to realize that Fedor has fought the best, and so has Nogueira. And just to let you know Fedor would have came to the UFC, but Dana wouldn't let him be in the UFC and still compete in Sambo.
blackcat Wrote:Understand, he is not the fighter that Fedor or Nogueira are in any aspect. The only cause of him beating one of them is that he is just bigger and more athletic. Fedor hasn't even been knocked down before, I'm sure Lesnar can KO him, but it's very unlikely. You just don't seem to realize that Fedor has fought the best, and so has Nogueira. And just to let you know Fedor would have came to the UFC, but Dana wouldn't let him be in the UFC and still compete in Sambo.

I'm just curious as to where you train, blackcat?
bluegrass-brawler Wrote:I'm just curious as to where you train, blackcat?

A serious question? Or is it sarcasm?
blackcat Wrote:A serious question? Or is it sarcasm?

Serious question. From the way you talk you just seem to know a lot about the sport and its obvious that you train somewhere.
blackcat Wrote:Understand, he is not the fighter that Fedor or Nogueira are in any aspect. The only cause of him beating one of them is that he is just bigger and more athletic. Fedor hasn't even been knocked down before, I'm sure Lesnar can KO him, but it's very unlikely. You just don't seem to realize that Fedor has fought the best, and so has Nogueira. And just to let you know Fedor would have came to the UFC, but Dana wouldn't let him be in the UFC and still compete in Sambo.

I have heard that too.
bluegrass-brawler Wrote:Serious question. From the way you talk you just seem to know a lot about the sport and its obvious that you train somewhere.

Idk about him but i fight for Dogs of war and train in hazard if u r interested
I'm a big Lesnar fan and am glad to see him win. Hopefully he can continue to win and get better.
Brock Lesnar is a freak. His combination of size, strength and athleticism is unmatched in MMA.

He's already got the strong wrestling background (real wrestling in college, not the WWE), so its not like he's in over his head here. But, imagine how good he'll be in 2 or 3 years after he's gained more experience and has improved his overall skills through training...

He could potentially be the most dominant HW ever. If he progresses like he should, I'd love to see a matchup between he and Fedor in 3 or 4 years (maybe sooner).
Pages: 1 2