Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands Bluebirds
48.48%
Johnson Central Golden Eagles
51.52%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Johnson Central (5A 3rd Round)
IRISH4 Wrote:Actually Jude's interception was the first score of the game if my memory serves me right.

I think he also scored the winning touchdown early in the 4th quarter. I've watched that game on tape several times since we played Station and have to play JC, and in my humble opinion Station outplayed JC and had the better squad, but Station gave the game away.

Yes I know JC fans that Dillon did not play in that game and that certainly could have affected JC's offense, but I'm not sure that even if he had played it would have been enough to beat Station if Station had played a better game and eliminated the fumbles, the poor decisions passing and the special team break downs.

The pass that Jude intercepted should never have been thrown by Station's sophomore qb and was a give away td. Likewise the kick off return for a td allowed by Station right after a score never should have happened and was another give away td. And Station's young qb missed several deep passes to receivers that had a least a couple of steps on the JC defenders. He connects on those and/or they eliminate the mistakes and breakdowns, and Station wins that game.
Station actually did a pretty good job handling JC's powerful and very good running game. Not sure what JC's total rushing yardage was in that game, but would have to think it was way below their per game average.

I think the Station players and coaches are going to spend a long off season thinking of what "could have been" had they not made the mistakes they made against JC and done a better job capitalizing on all the mistakes that Highlands made when they played them. Station in my opinion was the most talented team of the three, but as we all know, talent does not always win games. Which is something that the Highlands kids best be keeping in the forefront of their brains as they prepare for Friday night.
Messages In This Thread
Highlands @ Johnson Central (5A 3rd Round) - by charlie22 - 11-26-2008, 07:27 AM