Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands Bluebirds
48.48%
Johnson Central Golden Eagles
51.52%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Johnson Central (5A 3rd Round)
MonsterMan Wrote:The JC program has respect! We do not need validation from from a single game. I am just not used to an opponent's fans, or thier followers, being so bold before a game. I am sure the posters on here are not representative of the HHS fans. The game will be played Friday Night by the players and nothing in the past counts. All these records and predictions of greatness will not mean a thing, the final score will!

As to the bolded part: no kidding, specifically the fan whose post you quoted. I really doubt someone with a moniker of "devilswin" is associated with Highlands so please do not attribute his/her comments to Highlands.

Heck, I think most of the people predicting a Highlands blow out have nothing to do with Highlands and have yet to see Highlands even play this season, so just how valid of a prediction can they even provide? Heck, I question whether their posts are designed to do nothing other than stir up the JC posters and players, and it looks like a lot of you have taken the bait big time.

All this "lack of respect for E. Ky football teams" stuff begins to come across as some type of inferiority complex coming through. Trust me, the Highlands coaches, players and most fans respect JC. We've played games against some very good E. Ky teams in the past. Some we've beaten. Some we haven't. So no one with half a brain in Ft. Thomas should think "all we have to do is show up in Paintsville and we'll win the game". Its going to be a very hard fought game between two very good teams. Like you said, the game will be played Friday night, and no silly posts about whether an all star team of JC and Belfry couldn't beat Highlands will matter at all.
Messages In This Thread
Highlands @ Johnson Central (5A 3rd Round) - by charlie22 - 11-24-2008, 05:51 AM