Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands Bluebirds
48.48%
Johnson Central Golden Eagles
51.52%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Johnson Central (5A 3rd Round)
Dawg Family Wrote:Here's another chance for Matney to prove he can win the big game . I know he's a good coach but just like a lot of other's that's been in the area he has trouble winning the big game (Chuke) for exsample. I would love to see J.C win this one I don't think they will but I don't think Highlands should be in with the public school's any ways they are a privite school with different rules. But I will say this they have an awsome football program. I have seen year in and year out team's from this area that can't be touched and go up agiants the blue birds and get beat like a drum. They are just on a different level I hope this is the year that the old country boy's come out on top. This should be a good game for a half but Highlands will get to rest there starter's in the fourth. Good look J.C

Here we go again! Can't beat them, so they must cheat, be a private school , have a huge area to draw players from, and so on. HHS is a public shool and has always been. I do not know the pecentages, but would guess greater than 95% of the kids have been in school system since Kindergarden. Most parents come to FT Thomas for the excellent academics (best in the state). Why do you think we should be in with the private schools, just because we excell in sports? Sounds like sour grapes! And what "different rules"do we play by? I guarentee HHS has more trouble keeping our city kids in our school system then you. We lose kids ever year to Newport Central Cath and Cov Cath(My neighbor for one goes to Cov Cath and Last 4-5 years the stars on NCC team have been from Ft Thomas). Our kids dedicate themselves to the football program with hard work year around, and we have excellent coaching. If you want to compete with us, that is what it takes(oops, I just let the secret out). You should look at the HHS roster from the past 50 years, you would see all the second, third, and fourth generations on HHS teams. Great city that people don't leave. People accuse us all the time that we have a bubble over the city and nobody is allowed to leave or come into the city. You should know your facts before making outlandish remarks! It is a fact that NKY is very dedicated to Football, like other parts of the state are to Basketball. Does that mean the schools better than us in Basketball should be a private school or are cheaters? I don't think so!
Messages In This Thread
Highlands @ Johnson Central (5A 3rd Round) - by sstack - 11-22-2008, 04:05 PM