Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you were the Basketball Coach at UK...
My starting 5 would be:

PG- Liggins
SG- Meeks
SF- Miller
PF- Stevenson
C- Patterson

As far as subs go, it depends on what type of team you are playing. Playing a team like VMI, you would need the quickest and most athletic players you have such as Stewart, Galloway, etc. If you are playing a team that uses their big men effectively, then you would go to a bigger lineup using Harrellson more. Saying who you are going to sub in is impossible if you don't know who your opponent is.

As far as if I were coach, I would play a straight up man to man and quit playing a help defense. When you play a D like this, you are leaving perimeter players wide open. This just can't happen. If you can't contain your man and stop him from penetrating, then your butt will be on the bench and I will have someone in who will stop the driving.

On offense, Patrick Patterson will touch the ball on every possession (minus transition). If we ran an offensive play and Patterson didn't touch the ball, I would sit all 4 players and bring in a fresh 4. I don't care how bad it makes me look as a coach or how bad we get beat to start off, my players will learn to follow my instructions. You will not win if you do not give Patterson touches. Also, Perry Stevenson will stay at the top of the key while playing the high/low game with Patterson. No way will I ever move Patterson to the top of the key on offense. He will stay and post up all night.
Messages In This Thread
If you were the Basketball Coach at UK... - by BCF4L - 11-20-2008, 12:07 PM