Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you were the Basketball Coach at UK...
blackcat Wrote:PG - Liggins
SG - Meeks
SF - Miller
PF - Stevenson
C - Patterson

Bench: Harris, Stewart and Galloway.

I'd go with a three guard lineup

PG-Liggins
G-Miller
G- Meeks
F- Stevenson
F- Patterson

Harrellson would also be right in the mix at times---especially when playing a bigger team. I'd use him to spell Patterson and at times play along beside him. Harris could also be used to spell Miller. What's the deal with Galloway? He went from being "the furthest along of the new players" to a ghost....

I'd assign the ball handling duties to a "point guard by committee mentality". It's nice to use that "lead guard" thing---but you gotta have one to do that.

I think I might also use that old line from the coach in the movie Hoosiers---at least 3 passes before a shot. Has the team run any sets this year????? Our spacing is terrible!!

Another one of our big problems is they tried to initiate the offense way to far out. Here was Porter pushed out to almost half court standing there pounding the ball---that's not how to get an offense goin.

Also feeding the post would be more effective and accurate a little more from the side versus from the top of the key (like I saw several times last night). I liked how Meeks feed the ball to Patterson from the side---I think Meeks might be looked to more as a passer into the post.

I'd also use zone d. at times---especially with a young team like this one. Man to man can kill you if not played right----if you need proof just rewatch the game tape of the entire VMI game or the first half against UNC.

Well that's my armchair opinion anyway
Messages In This Thread
If you were the Basketball Coach at UK... - by transplanttiger - 11-20-2008, 01:01 AM