Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville Tigers
62.00%
Allen Central Rebels
38.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central vs. Paintsville - Sept. 19
Panther Thunder Wrote:Jenkins is not in the same district. But I don't see the point, neither has done extremely well in the recent past in the playoffs.

They were prior to this past year or two though weren't they?

I would just think that it overall would help the programs. I think that both the Paintsville and Pikeville programs are way above the district competition they play. Could it be the reason they fail to do well in the playoffs is because all the district patsies that they play leave them unable to adjust to stiffer competition? Granted Pikeville does play some stronger nondistrict opponents than Paintsville right now, but then again they seem to fare a little better than Paintsville has over the last several years when it comes to winning not only district titles but regional titles. I think that overall the Paintsville fan base is not as strong as it once was. Perhaps the lack of challenging programs may tend to leave slight fan apathy. Strong competition seems to have a way of adding to the cash box too, doesn't it?

But, I guess you being the long time seasoned veteran that you are , you remember well the strong fan following that Paintsville once commanded. Your what 15 or so by now?Rolleyes Yeah you've been around the block a time or two.Smile
Messages In This Thread
Allen Central vs. Paintsville - Sept. 19 - by Mr.Kimball - 09-14-2008, 10:26 PM