Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allen Central vs. Paintsville - Sept. 19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This should be interesting...there is alot of people thats thinking "its just Allen Central" but the Rebels have a very solid team this year. Predictions?
I like Paintsville in this matchup but the Tigers better not overlook the Rebels because they have a very solid team this year.

Best of luck to both!
Paintsville BIG! Tigers-54 Rebels-16
Tigers name the score.
im going to take the rebels.
This game should be very interesting. Paintsville, playing at home, will have an edge IMO. But they better not overlook the Rebels. No one has expected them to come out and beat teams like they have. I dont care if it has been Jenkins, Magoffin County, and Phelps. They have dominated these teams on defense, and I dont see that changing next Friday.

Im taking the Rebels in a close one. Good luck to both teams!
Overconfidence vs. Confidence. Whichever team is confident in their abilities and not overconfident of their opponent and expected outcome will win.

With that said, AC has a real shot at this game. Hopefully they will not be overconfident coming into the game. Stay focused this week Rebs. I'll predict a squeaker with AC coming out on top...
AC sneaks out of the Paintsville with a Big W
tigers
It's time for the REBELS to cage the tigers.:Clap:
Sorry a lot of you guys will have to be told "I told you so" after Friday night, but no way is AC going to beat Paintsville this year, not at AC and certainly not on the Tigers' home field. I do hope to see a closer game than the last 3 for Paintsville, but I don't really expect to. Paintsville by 40.
Paintsville
Paintsville In A Close One Lot Of Points On The Board For Both Teams
Paintsville by alot
I'll take the Tigers by 4 TD's.
T-I-G-E-R-S!!!
MY BOYS THE PAINTSVILLE TIGERS!!!:rockon:
If the Rebs can control the clock they can keep it close.
AC's defense seems to be pretty dominating. As long as the offense can score AC will win it. 16-7 AC
im going to say that if AC plays like they have in the previous 3 games then AC will come out of Paintsville victorious 24-16....im rooting for ya Rebs
This should be an interesting game. Both teams put 60 on Phelps. Allen Central has never beaten a Paintsville football team. This could be the year AC breaks the losing streak. Should be a close game.
kyrifle Wrote:This should be an interesting game. Both teams put 60 on Phelps. Allen Central has never beaten a Paintsville football team. This could be the year AC breaks the losing streak. Should be a close game.

I wonder if the administation at Paintsville ( or Pikeville for that matter) have ever considered petitioning the KHSAA to play up a class, to 2A? Right now there are 220 high schools playing football in Kentucky.

If you can take any stock in the Litkenhouse rating system, this is how they rank the teams that are in Paintsviile and Pikeville's district. I have not checked Cantrells ratings but there is usually not a whole lot of difference between the two.

Phelps- #220 (According to Litkenhouse the worst team in the state of Kentucky)

Betsy Layne-#218

South Floyd- #216

Jenkins--#207

In a typical season Allen Central would be right in the mix of these team's ratings.

Just wondering if this has ever been thought about by either Paintsville or Pikeville?.
Paintsville by 3 td's
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I wonder if the administation at Paintsville ( or Pikeville for that matter) have ever considered petitioning the KHSAA to play up a class, to 2A? Right now there are 220 high schools playing football in Kentucky.

If you can take any stock in the Litkenhouse rating system, this is how they rank the teams that are in Paintsviile and Pikeville's district. I have not checked Cantrells ratings but there is usually not a whole lot of difference between the two.

Phelps- #220 (According to Litkenhouse the worst team in the state of Kentucky)

Betsy Layne-#218

South Floyd- #216

Jenkins--#207

In a typical season Allen Central would be right in the mix of these team's ratings.

Just wondering if this has ever been thought about by either Paintsville or Pikeville?.
Jenkins is not in the same district. But I don't see the point, neither has done extremely well in the recent past in the playoffs.
ac over paintsville i have watch them both play if ac gets behind will be my only fear of them losing because they might drop there heads but if they dont... ac 30 paintsville 26
Panther Thunder Wrote:Jenkins is not in the same district. But I don't see the point, neither has done extremely well in the recent past in the playoffs.

They were prior to this past year or two though weren't they?

I would just think that it overall would help the programs. I think that both the Paintsville and Pikeville programs are way above the district competition they play. Could it be the reason they fail to do well in the playoffs is because all the district patsies that they play leave them unable to adjust to stiffer competition? Granted Pikeville does play some stronger nondistrict opponents than Paintsville right now, but then again they seem to fare a little better than Paintsville has over the last several years when it comes to winning not only district titles but regional titles. I think that overall the Paintsville fan base is not as strong as it once was. Perhaps the lack of challenging programs may tend to leave slight fan apathy. Strong competition seems to have a way of adding to the cash box too, doesn't it?

But, I guess you being the long time seasoned veteran that you are , you remember well the strong fan following that Paintsville once commanded. Your what 15 or so by now?Rolleyes Yeah you've been around the block a time or two.Smile
Paintsville wins this game BIG.
I have to take my Rebels in this one Smile
paintsville by 2+ tds.
Although I would love to see AC win they can't and here is why. They lack dicipline on both sides of the ball. "If im not involved im not going to work as hard". AC is also a little out of shape and take to many plays off P-ville will most assurdely take advantage of that. Make no mistake about it AC will be more physical then tigers have seen before, but rebels just cant win there. Would love to see them play at Rebels house!!!
Pages: 1 2