Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Rodebaugh Signs with Pikeville College
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:He is a good kid and a good player, but just take into consideration the caliber of teams they played this season? Would he have had the stats he did if he were playing at LC or JC? Not too mention they only played something like 22 games. Don't take this as me trying to put the kid down because I am in no way trying to do that, but I do think that if you take a kid off of LC whose is hitting over .400 and then take a kid who is hitting around .500 with Prestonsburg, I would rather have the one who played top notch competition all year. It is not his fault by any means, a lot of coaches get caught up in winning, so they schedule "cake" teams to boost a record. All I am doing is commenting on the remark about how he could have went to a bigger school, and personally I think Alice Loyd would have been the only other option. From what I hear he is not getting very much to go to Pikeville. Regardless I wish him well and I hope he does good at PC.

You obviously have not seen Josh play. He hit a walk off homerun in his first game with Paintsville's American Legion team. Coach Pelphrey had a meeting on Friday night and they played the next night. Who were they playing? Johnson Central High School!!!!

Caliber of Teams? Morgan County, Sheldon Clark, Nicholas County, Louisville Doss, Raceland, East Ridge (made Regional Tournament), Belfry (made Regional Tournament), Paintsville (The games were cancelled due to All A Tourney and Prom), Johnson Central (Canceled due to rain). I guess the caliber of teams was down because we didn't play LC.

Josh hit .544, 6 home runs (2 grand slams), 43 RBI's. Did it in 26 games. I don't care who your playing, those are good stats.
Messages In This Thread
Josh Rodebaugh Signs with Pikeville College - by Blackcats2954 - 07-01-2008, 11:55 AM