Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Josh Rodebaugh Signs with Pikeville College
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Prestonsburg 3rd baseman/pitcher, Josh Rodebaugh will sign with Pikeville College tomorrow, well actually today if you wanna get technical.

Congrats Rodie & best of luck!
Pikeville has asked him to be a pitcher for the Bears.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Pikeville has asked him to be a pitcher for the Bears.

No they haven't. He will be a hitter not a pitcher.
Heard this kid committed to Alice Lloyd College. What happened?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:No they haven't. He will be a hitter not a pitcher.

Well thats what come out of his mouth... but he will also be a utility player.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Well thats what come out of his mouth... but he will also be a utility player.

Why would you think they would use him as a pitcher whenever he gets lit up by Allen Central, who is a VERY mediocre baseball team?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Why would you think they would use him as a pitcher whenever he gets lit up by Allen Central, who is a VERY mediocre baseball team?

That's what come out of Josh's mouth... so why don't you ask there coach? Also, why can't you just say something positive about the signing instead of being so negative about it?
Congrats Josh
What where his stats this year?
congrats josh
good kid, and heck of a baseball player. I just wished he would have had a little more exposure and a higher profile team and I do believe he could have possibly wen't somewhere even bigger. Maybe Pikeville, Paintsville, Lawrence, JCHS!!!!!!!
AS IS Wrote:good kid, and heck of a baseball player. I just wished he would have had a little more exposure and a higher profile team and I do believe he could have possibly wen't somewhere even bigger. Maybe Pikeville, Paintsville, Lawrence, JCHS!!!!!!!

He is a good kid and a good player, but just take into consideration the caliber of teams they played this season? Would he have had the stats he did if he were playing at LC or JC? Not too mention they only played something like 22 games. Don't take this as me trying to put the kid down because I am in no way trying to do that, but I do think that if you take a kid off of LC whose is hitting over .400 and then take a kid who is hitting around .500 with Prestonsburg, I would rather have the one who played top notch competition all year. It is not his fault by any means, a lot of coaches get caught up in winning, so they schedule "cake" teams to boost a record. All I am doing is commenting on the remark about how he could have went to a bigger school, and personally I think Alice Loyd would have been the only other option. From what I hear he is not getting very much to go to Pikeville. Regardless I wish him well and I hope he does good at PC.
prolley cause pikeville got schalorships taken away and has no money to give
Rodebaugh is a very good player and i believe he will do great at pikeville. Congrats Rodie. Now go out there and show everyone what you can do. Please prove jackrabbitslim wrong!!!
Josh is a good sign for PC i see that ashby is getting some local kids witch is good anyone heard if josh is going to play at 3rd pitch or just DH
prolley not play 3rd with cyrus and morgon from lc
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:He is a good kid and a good player, but just take into consideration the caliber of teams they played this season? Would he have had the stats he did if he were playing at LC or JC? Not too mention they only played something like 22 games. Don't take this as me trying to put the kid down because I am in no way trying to do that, but I do think that if you take a kid off of LC whose is hitting over .400 and then take a kid who is hitting around .500 with Prestonsburg, I would rather have the one who played top notch competition all year. It is not his fault by any means, a lot of coaches get caught up in winning, so they schedule "cake" teams to boost a record. All I am doing is commenting on the remark about how he could have went to a bigger school, and personally I think Alice Loyd would have been the only other option. From what I hear he is not getting very much to go to Pikeville. Regardless I wish him well and I hope he does good at PC.

You obviously have not seen Josh play. He hit a walk off homerun in his first game with Paintsville's American Legion team. Coach Pelphrey had a meeting on Friday night and they played the next night. Who were they playing? Johnson Central High School!!!!

Caliber of Teams? Morgan County, Sheldon Clark, Nicholas County, Louisville Doss, Raceland, East Ridge (made Regional Tournament), Belfry (made Regional Tournament), Paintsville (The games were cancelled due to All A Tourney and Prom), Johnson Central (Canceled due to rain). I guess the caliber of teams was down because we didn't play LC.

Josh hit .544, 6 home runs (2 grand slams), 43 RBI's. Did it in 26 games. I don't care who your playing, those are good stats.
Congrats Josh and Good Luck!
Blackcats2954 Wrote:You obviously have not seen Josh play. He hit a walk off homerun in his first game with Paintsville's American Legion team. Coach Pelphrey had a meeting on Friday night and they played the next night. Who were they playing? Johnson Central High School!!!!

Caliber of Teams? Morgan County, Sheldon Clark, Nicholas County, Louisville Doss, Raceland, East Ridge (made Regional Tournament), Belfry (made Regional Tournament), Paintsville (The games were cancelled due to All A Tourney and Prom), Johnson Central (Canceled due to rain). I guess the caliber of teams was down because we didn't play LC.

Josh hit .544, 6 home runs (2 grand slams), 43 RBI's. Did it in 26 games. I don't care who your playing, those are good stats.
None of those teams are of the same caliber as Central Ky/ Northern Ky Teams. It's not even close. I'm sorry if this is a news flash to you, but making the 15th region tournament is not much of an accomplishment. And the teams you listed outside the 15th are not good.
This is great for Josh....but if he is serious about playing baseball at the next level...then why did he quit the american legion team after a couple of games...

I agree that the level of competetion for the floyd county teams is very low....

however this kid is a decent hitter but the pitching he faced has not been decent.....

the jchs summer team is depleated...their better players are playing on other summer teams.
INSIGHT Wrote:This is great for Josh....but if he is serious about playing baseball at the next level...then why did he quit the american legion team after a couple of games...

I agree that the level of competetion for the floyd county teams is very low....

however this kid is a decent hitter but the pitching he faced has not been decent.....

the jchs summer team is depleated...their better players are playing on other summer teams.

Is this the young man who has been playing american legion ball for the Paintsville team?