Poll: Win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville (29-3)
70.41%
Jeffersontown (26-5)
29.59%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeffersontown vs. Paintsville - March 19 (State Tournament)
FloridaFan Wrote:I hope Paintsville wins, but they're not going to.

Slone is a great player in this region, but get him down state with the players on those teams and he's nothing special. Valley played Jeffersontown strong earlier in the year, but I don't think it would happen again that way. Jefferstown is just vastly more talented and a better overall team, with 2-3 players probaly better than Landon Slone. I'm from the mountains and I hope they win and represent well, but the problem is, they are completely outclassed in this one. Jeffersontown goes 9-10 deep, runs better than Paintsville, have a better half court game than Paintsville. Applies more pressure defense than Valley did that gave Paintsville trouble in the regional, but Jeffersontown's pressure d is better than Valley's. I don't see this one being close. If I had to predict a differenence in the score than I would have to take Jeffersontown by 15-20 points.

Good Luck Paintsville.

He's been playin against guys from down state in various tourneys his whole career and held his own. There is a reason Mike Fields picked him as one of five guards across the entire state he could win a state championship with. He has seen Landon play against Lex Cath, UHA, Bardstown etc. Fields is a very respected sports writer and has been around long enough to know talent when he see's it.
Messages In This Thread
Jeffersontown vs. Paintsville - March 19 (State Tournament) - by Redneck - 03-13-2008, 06:25 PM