Poll: Win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville (29-3)
70.41%
Jeffersontown (26-5)
29.59%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeffersontown vs. Paintsville - March 19 (State Tournament)
Redneck Wrote:I was in Alabama tryin to keep up with the game on the computer in the hotel lobby but it was really jacked up. I knew they had a 20 point lead. "Blew it" probably aint the phrase I would use accordin to a few fans I have talked to from other schools. Once the refs started blowin their whistles out of their rearends Paintsville eased off on both ends so they wouldn't have 5 players with 3 fouls before halftime. And the sad part is, Paintsville had a 20 point lead and Landon wasn't even hittin anything. Had he even shot half as good as he usually does that lead coulda been 30+.

I was there, my opinion is that the refs were bad both ways. HOWEVER, THEY DID NOT ALLOW FOR A 20 POINT COME BACK IN FAVOR OF VALLEY. That was Paintsville cooling down and Valley playing smart defense. Led was chipped to 10 points by half and Valley had a led about mid way through the 4th. At that point the refs where just there to loss it for one of the teams. It just happened that Valley did not get the right call at the right time (obivous walk at the end of the game) and Paintsville fouls where not cashed in at the line. IMO Valley deserved to win that game more than Paintsville. Paintsville did not impress me at all. AT ALL> If they were to play 10 times I would still say that Valley would win 6 of them W/O Taylor Newsome.
Congrats Paintsville, good luck at Rupp. Did not want to get this off topic but I had to defend my view.
ANYWAYS----- I am picking J-Town in this one by 5-10 points.
Messages In This Thread
Jeffersontown vs. Paintsville - March 19 (State Tournament) - by Scotty doesn't know - 03-13-2008, 02:19 AM